Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I put a 5 team bball/baseball and Mayweather parlay 6 weeks ago. I think -200 on Mayweather is silly. 48-0. He needs 50-0 to retire with argument for greatest ever. He needs to beat Paq, and he began wood chopping again which I think makes for strong leverage feet and back twist knockout power.

I think Mayweather knocks him out for a couple reasons.

He will read his attack code, and be able to counter the living daylights out of Paq's fury. More importantly, Paq had 3-4 Brawls with Cotto at an older age, and has many more amateur fights than his 60-0 pro record. Mayweathers defense has allowed him to avoid hard shots and stay high motor function.

I expect Manny will be out matched here as a boxer, with speed, footwork, and his attacks will leave him too open. Mayweather probably fought that sneaky lefty twice just to get ready for Paq.

Do you mean Marquez? When boxers age it's dramatic, they just fall off a cliff. One of them is going to look really old in this fight.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Im renting it and throwing a shin dig. Mayweather is going to win. Mayweather would have also won in their prime. Dont let Mayweather complete dickhead personality fool you. The guy is a complete monster and a top 5 boxer of all time. He has always been faster, stronger, and the better defender then Pac. Pac always has the punchers chance but Mayweather is probably the best defensive boxer of all time. It is insanely hard to hit him with any force. He has been knocked down I think once or twice in his career. Pretty sick.

For the casual boxing fan Mayweather will be a top 5 boxer ever. For the true boxing fan, Mayweather never fought anyone in their prime, there was always an angle. He was scared shitless of Sergio as well and ducked other fighters in their primes. This fight should have happened, with multiple rematches, 5-8 years ago and everyone knows that's 100% on Mayweather.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the casual boxing fan Mayweather will be a top 5 boxer ever. For the true boxing fan, Mayweather never fought anyone in their prime, there was always an angle. He was scared shitless of Sergio as well and ducked other fighters in their primes. This fight should have happened, with multiple rematches, 5-8 years ago and everyone knows that's 100% on Mayweather.

Or the experts that say it every day but, yea, let your hate for him over ride his greatness. It will make you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
the funny thing is that floyd is considered a cherry picker but manny is seen as the warrior who takes on all comers when he's made a living off of fighting boxers coming off loses

the floyd smear campaign has been in effect for quite some time now so anything he does he will never get credit for

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:

sergio who? martinez?

stop it

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
the funny thing is that floyd is considered a cherry picker but manny is seen as the warrior who takes on all comers when he's made a living off of fighting boxers coming off loses

the floyd smear campaign has been in effect for quite some time now so anything he does he will never get credit for

Same thing with Tyson

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Or the experts that say it every day but, yea, let your hate for him over ride his greatness. It will make you feel better.

When did I say I hate Floyd? Actually, the experts hold my opinion, so yeah, guess you are a casual fan. Great fighter, just nowhere near top 5 of all-time.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
Well, did he fight him? Pretty accepted that he was scared shitless. Has Floyd ever fought a power puncher in their prime. Nope.

martinez was fighting at 160 by the time he worked up for a fight with mayweather..martinez would of never made weight and once again floyd would of been called out for fighting a drained fighter

i could see people saying he ducked paul williams but martinez foh

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
Well, did he fight him? Pretty accepted that he was scared shitless. Has Floyd ever fought a power puncher in their prime. Nope.

ricky hatton was a power puncher in his prime..canelo alvarez a power puncher in his prime..carlos baldimor another strong puncher a little out of his prime...i don't know if you want to consider maidana in his prime but 30 is still young and he is another power puncher

cut it out man

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
When did I say I hate Floyd? Actually, the experts hold my opinion, so yeah, guess you are a casual fan. Great fighter, just nowhere near top 5 of all-time.

Holy shit. This can't be real. He is already considered one of the greatest. They think if he wins this fight convincingly that he is in the discussion as greatest of all time. For being a "real" fan, you sound like you know very little.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Holy shit. This can't be real. He is already considered one of the greatest. They think if he wins this fight convincingly that he is in the discussion as greatest of all time. For being a "real" fan, you sound like you know very little.

Top 5 of all time? LOLOLOL, do you even have a history knowledge of boxing. Yes, announcers will hype that up NOW but Floyd top 5 all time??? You are either high or Special person, which is it?

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
ricky hatton was a power puncher in his prime..canelo alvarez a power puncher in his prime..carlos baldimor another strong puncher a little out of his prime...i don't know if you want to consider maidana in his prime but 30 is still young and he is another power puncher

cut it out man

LOL, you're making my point. Always an angle with Floyd. Oscar was done and coked out of his mind, but still a name. Hatton was tiny, lol never had punching power at 147 are you nuts? Hatton is the name you came up with, lol. You guys are Floyd fanboys but know little about the sport thats for sure. Canelo, dude is what 23 when he fough Floyd...again NOT in his PRIME.

I think Floyd wins easy tonight, but not fighting guys at their peak is what will hurt his legacy and he will never be considered the best ever, not even close.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Pound for pound Mayweather isnt even close to a top 5 fighter of all time. Wouldnt even put him in the top 10-15 myself.

I think a lot of people are ( no one here on this board but outside of it) going to be surprised by manny tonight. May win, may lose, may be a draw but i think some people out there are underrating him just because he is "past his prime". Not sure if a lot of people realize the guy on the other end isn't in his prime either lol..hes actually 2 years older. This match should happened a long time ago so all boxing fans have already lost so this is just a spectacle not really a fight anymore. The technician pac might give mayweather some difficulty. Pac has amazing feints. Floyd is the better defensive fighter so i also expects a lot of push offs....pacs feints are built for push offs.

Its going to be a good fight but again as we all know this should have happened years ago. That will always be the disappointment. I just hope for a good fight. A good 10 rounds and ill be happy. Still think both will see canvas also. Well i hope they do anyways. I like both fighters but i have more respect for manny. So i have to cheer for manny..no big shit loss if he loses though. Whatever the bookies and the mafia agree on.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know nothing about either boxer or about boxing, but since I'm gonna be watching in a bar environment with some friends, hopefully it's entertaining enough to make it worth the effort.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I know nothing about either boxer or about boxing, but since I'm gonna be watching in a bar environment with some friends, hopefully it's entertaining enough to make it worth the effort.

You will be engaged by the energy i guarantee. Used to watch sooo many fights in bars and they were so fun unless they were 2 round knock outs ala Tyson lol. Fucking waste of time then. This fight needs to go at least AT the very least 7 rounds. I am sure a lot of people are talking in their ears to make sure that happens.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

Can you at least agree that he's been ducking Manny?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

If you're gonna be at a bar, I'm sure the energy and excitement will be there. As for the fight, I think it has the potential to be a bit boring. I hope not, but let's see.

Monster

Liked Posts:

Cotto. Ortiz. Moseley marguez. That's who he's beaten since listed as 48th all time in 2007. Granted that's just that articles opinion but don't see those fights moving him up the board 40 slots. Top 5 is pretty high. Greatest all time is a real stretch. If he just smokes manny like Holmes Ali I doubt that would even be close to enough to get him there. But that's just an opinion. He's great and fun to watch how smooth he is but to me greatest means pure dominance for a long period. Fights that leave no doubt.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
***The Not even close to being official*** Pacman vs. Pretty Boy Floyd

Leggo.

TMT w/ the knock out in round 10.