McCown to Tampa....

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler had a 91 rating before getting hurt, and that was only after some epic state padding against the Lions and Saints. He then came back and played equally mediocre in a stacked offense.

Ahh stat padding kind of like Mccown did against the Rams, Cowboys and Ravens. Btw i remember your Cutler is mediocre thread but you seem to have fo t got that Mccown not only benefited from playing some of the worse defenses in the league but thr one good defense he played he got great position because Flacco threw three int's! Something you didnt hesitate to point out with Jay. So why didnt you mention Mccown stat padding against the Rams when the game was a blowout early? Why didnt you mention his stat padding against the Cowboys when at one point he was just lofting the ball up for TD's?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fair enough

No he isn't that good but point was he was better than Jay. There is no shame in admitting that while still believing Jay was the better fit option going forward.
Josh was just streaking at the time, however he was playing better than Jay but Josh isnt the better quarterback.

sarcastik

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter what talent the Bucs have or what a great player's coach Lovie is. Come game day, Lovie will challenge when he shouldn't challenge, not challenge when he should challenge, not call time outs when he should call timeouts, waste time outs when he shouldn't waste timeouts, mismanage the clock, lose a winnable game, and then tell the Bucs fans that they are a good football team, and he just didn't have them prepared for the game. Lovie is dumb.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 mil a year average. No fucking wonder he left. Overpaid big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
And Josh padded his stats against the Vikes that had the single worst scoring D in the league (but only managed to put up 20 points and LOST the game) and the Cowboys, also one of the worst Ds in the league.

Putting up big numbers in a close game and putting up big numbers in a shoot out where your team needs you to score isn't stat padding. Stat padding is throwing for touchdowns against prevent defenses late in a blowout loss that have no impact on the game.

Jay outscored Josh against the Vikes AND the Pack

Cuter did not outscore McCown in either game. Teams score points, not quarterbacks.

Cutler was abysmal against the Vikings, throwing 2 interceptions and losing a fumble that was returned for a touchdown. He was bailed out by a defense that only allowed one touchdown and had an interception return for a touchdown, and a kick returner who returned two kickoffs inside Vikings territory, including one to the 20. McCown had two touchdowns, no turnovers, and over 300 yards against the Vikings. He had far and away the better game, the difference was McCown did not have a healthy defense to carry the team.

Against the Packers they had similar numbers with McCown's being slightly better, and the Bears offense scored one more point against the Packers with Cutler than McCown. That was more or less a wash with both quarterbacks playing extremely well against the Packers.

and how is having a good game against one of the better Ds in the league a negative?

What good game against one of the better defenses? The Bengals?

Actually about padding stats, taking out Cutlers stats against the lions only makes them better as he had his worst game of the year against them. Dude you make no sense at all....

You don't know what "stat padding" means. Cutler shit the bed with the game on the line against the Lions, only to throw two garbage touchdowns in the 4th quarter down 24 against prevent defense.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I noticed Bearshomer ignored my example of stat padding. The Rams games was a blowout and so was the Cowboys but of course it doesn't matter because Mccown was starting. I also enjoy Bearshomer defense and special teams reasoning. The only good team Mccown faced wss the Raven and guess what he benefited from? Three ints and great field position. Mccown shit the bed against the Rams and Vikings but I'm sure that doesnt count just like Cutler's victory against the Vikings earlier doesnt count, right? The Packers game you are correct about, both QB's played well against the Packers and both outplayed Rodgers...........wait McCown didnt play against Rodgers the whole game? Well at least he beat Flynn.........damn he didnt play against Flynn either. Nope he played Seneca Wallace who sucked so bad (putting up numbers Mccown is used to putting up) that the Packers were forced to run the ball most of the game.

Anything else?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter what talent the Bucs have or what a great player's coach Lovie is. Come game day, Lovie will challenge when he shouldn't challenge, not challenge when he should challenge, not call time outs when he should call timeouts, waste time outs when he shouldn't waste timeouts, mismanage the clock, lose a winnable game, and then tell the Bucs fans that they are a good football team, and he just didn't have them prepared for the game. Lovie is dumb.

Boy I sure hope for a lot of you guys sakes, Lovie doesn't turn that team around quickly this year. I think a few heads will explode if the Bucs in a tougher division end up with a better record than the Bears and/or a playoff spot.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
After the free agency they have had I wouldn't be surprised if they win a lot more games, but a tougher division, weak OL, switching defense, and McCown learning a new system will be major obstacles for them. I say they win about 9 games.

cobbland

Liked Posts:

:lmao:

So he'll be what Trestman showed in 2013??

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
The #Bucs deal for Josh McCown: It’s two years for $10M. He gets $4.75M this year, $5.25M next year.

I know I just skipped 10 pages...but what the heck is that!?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Wow some of you act like McCown is bound for the HOF, un-fucking-believable nuthugging some have around here. Good for Josh, he stepped in for us when we needed him. Let's try to get some young talent in here.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie is a lazy coach...he's always looked for that quick fix. This signing and the rest of the bucs signings belabor that point. I am so glad lovie is gone and continues in his lazy ways. That was one of the major gripes under lovie, player development. Glennon can kiss his TB career good bye.

Hes probably hoping Josh brings his playbook, so he can gain insight on how an offense is supposed to operate.

This is wrong.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Do you watch other NFL games? Do you also think Trestman is dumb?

Dice34

Liked Posts:
This is wrong.

Awesome insight...care to elaborate?

He's always put a band aid over problems. He Shits on younger players, the development of players under lovie was Shit.

He's a lazy coach...that's why the vets loved him.."do your thing vets, ill be over here playing dominoes with tice"

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awesome insight...care to elaborate?

He's always put a band aid over problems. He Shits on younger players, the development of players under lovie was Shit.

He's a lazy coach...that's why the vets loved him.."do your thing vets, ill be over here playing dominoes with tice"

Your ideas are so silly and counter factual that I won't type out all the obvious counters. You know you are wrong. If you honestly think that nonsense you typed is true I reccomend two things, 1) watch the Bears games under Lovie again and note how hard those guys ran and worked 2) note how many snaps rookies played under his leadership.

Dice34

Liked Posts:
I didn't say the players were lazy you dolt...lovie is

Under his leadership rookies never were developed properly, sign of a lazy coach or a coach thatis just inadequate in teaching and developing young playersy. You choose

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wow some of you act like McCown is bound for the HOF, un-fucking-believable nuthugging some have around here. Good for Josh, he stepped in for us when we needed him. Let's try to get some young talent in here.

He is. They will omit most of his careercareer and focus mainly on the six games stint he had last year