McCown to Tampa....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
McNown wasn't some diamond in the rough. He was a career backup that probably got some jobs because he's a good guy. He's not worth $4M+ a year and very replaceable.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
McNown wasn't some diamond in the rough. He was a career backup that probably got some jobs because he's a good guy. He's not worth $4M+ a year and very replaceable.

McNown was exposed after his 1st game

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Is it possible that Cutler and McCown will be fine next year? I mean shit, you guys are acting like the Hatfields and the McCoys over this shit.

Prediction: Cutler throws 5 more INTs, +1000 yds & 15 more TDs than Josh..... :tongue:

Jim-Vance-e1356101261209.jpg

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
McCown's a good short term signing. He is a game manager, which Lovie had the most success with and can take advantage of their defense/running game. He has experience with Lovie. He is smart, a high character player, and has coaching experience s he can help,with Glennon. And his deal is only two years, by which point either Glennon will be ready or the Bucs will be moving on.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
McCown's a good short term signing. He is a game manager, which Lovie had the most success with and can take advantage of their defense/running game. He has experience with Lovie. He is smart, a high character player, and has coaching experience s he can help,with Glennon. And his deal is only two years, by which point either Glennon will be ready or the Bucs will be moving on.

Gamemanagers don't have more interceptions than TD's in his cateer and Lovie's most success came with Grossman and Cutler; nrither are game managers

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Gamemanagers don't have more interceptions than TD's in his cateer
Without looking it up, I'm going to say that is wrong considering the definition of game manager is not turning over the ball.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
A game manager?

He has completed 59% of his passes over a 11 year career with a whopping 77 QBR... Almost as many INTs (45) as TDs (50) and that would have been 37 TD/44INT if he never met MT...

Jay with 61%, 155 to 112 and a 84 QBR looks like a game manager in comparison and we all know he is not....

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Without looking it up, I'm going to say that is wrong considering the definition of game manager is not turning over the ball.

He did, up until the last couple games he played. I'm pretty sure he still has more TOs than TDs, or its very close to 1:1. He's not a game manager, he's a TO machine.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Prediction: Cutler throws 5 more INTs, +1000 yds & 15 more TDs than Josh..... :tongue:

Jim-Vance-e1356101261209.jpg

Prediction, The Bucs D will be better than the Bears so McCown won't need to equal Cutler in order for his team to succeed.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Gamemanagers don't have more interceptions than TD's in his cateer and Lovie's most success came with Grossman and Cutler; nrither are game managers

Look, it's PrideisBears bringing up McCowns numbers from years past to ignore Cutler's consistently ugly play through out his career!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Look, it's PrideisBears bringing up McCowns numbers from years past to ignore Cutler's consistently ugly play through out his career!

Cutler's ugly play has been prettier than McCown's throughout their careers! McCown has a losing record everywhere he has been, lost two starting jobs on two different teams, has more ints than TD's and has been out of the league. Now which part am I wrong about?

nitelife

Liked Posts:
This is the same guy Hanie had to replace in the 2011 NFCCG ? He had a good year and is a decent fit for Trestman, but hardly indispensable.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Prediction, The Bucs D will be better than the Bears so McCown won't need to equal Cutler in order for his team to succeed.

Ok, but completing 59% of his passes throwing more picks than TDs will not be good enough for his team to succeed.

Trestman made his backup a game manager because the team needed that, but that doesn't mean Josh can do that elsewhere. In fact there is a 10 year career before that saying he can't. His biggest year without MT had him complete 57% for 2500 yards 11TDs and 10INT.... Lovie would have to recreate the Seahawks D to be successful with that...

Glennon beats him out before the bye week...

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Just like the numbers don't lie about Jay making bad decisions they don't lie about Josh's inability to be a NFL starting QB... He is what he is and at 35 he is not up and coming. Don't forget that without Trestman he was coaching HS football....

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just like the numbers don't lie about Jay making bad decisions they don't lie about Josh's inability to be a NFL starting QB... He is what he is and at 35 he is not up and coming. Don't forget that without Trestman he was coaching HS football....

And that team had a losing record too................

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Cutler's ugly play has been prettier than McCown's throughout their careers! McCown has a losing record everywhere he has been, lost two starting jobs on two different teams, has more ints than TD's and has been out of the league. Now which part am I wrong about?

The part where he has more INTs than TD's and finished with a losing record everywhere he has been.

McCown played at a higher level last year than Cutler has ever played at.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The part where he has more INTs than TD's and finished with a losing record everywhere he has been.

Ah you are correct. I just noticed he now after 12 years in the league has more TD's than int's so go Josh! Yes Josh outplayed Cutler last year but Cutler still has had the better career and while doing so still managed to only go .500

JaySix

Liked Posts:

No Trestman did a brilliant job using his backup QB last year, this year Josh won't be that lucky. He is very likely to revert to being Josh McGown, the journey man QB that threw for 37 TDs and 44 INTs over 10 years. Winning nothing.

Flipside you get to see Trestman work with the QB HE wanted for the long term, let's wait and see what happens (with them both) but I am not too worried that we picked the wrong guy... I would've liked to keep Josh as the backup but that was clearly not possible and good on Josh for making some more big money before retiring...

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Lovie + Josh McCown = old Josh McCown.

Yeah, good luck with that; Marshall and Jeffery aren't coming with you, bud.