HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I went into this off-season hoping Lovie nothing but the best and success with the Bucs. Now its more like fuck him, fuck the Bucs, fuck everything.

fuckeverything.gif

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's actually a 22.5 Mil cap hit this year. We would have 30+ Mil in cap space now without Cutler.

The salary cap in 2016 is going to be 160 Million. Cry much about a non-factor? Wait till you see the next round of quarterback contracts under those inflated salary caps. All you cunts are going to shut the fuck up real fast.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I went into this off-season hoping Lovie nothing but the best and success with the Bucs. Now its more like fuck him, fuck the Bucs, fuck everything.

fuckeverything.gif

that's what I'm saying. though I was never wishing him the best to begin with lol.

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
The salary cap in 2016 is going to be 160 Million. Cry much about a non-factor? Wait till you see the next round of quarterback contracts under those inflated salary caps. All you cunts are going to shut the fuck up real fast.

What the fuck does this have to do with 2016? We are talking about NOW.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What the fuck does this have to do with 2016? We are talking about NOW.

Because his contract is specifically designed with managing the salary cap in mind...Its designed so you can eat a large cap figure right now or convert any given amount into a signing bonus so its over the life of the contract instead. I guess asking you to think is too much.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Well good for Josh, but the Bucs don't have the talent we have or the offensive system in place we have. Yea, Josh may be cashing some big checks but when he is losing and the Bucs are getting pounded and the media starts to criticize the move, lets see how much he likes the move then.

Josh was in seven other systems and failed. Found one he could perform in and decided to go back to an unknown one, I suppose will fail him again. Money out ranks success. Especially in sports.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Should we start trolling TB message boards about the hilarity of McCown signing for $5mil/year? Sure, the guy is a god, but they could have signed Sanchez and gotten a more consistent performer. Wait, has Sanchez been released yet? I haven't been watching the FA wire today.

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
Because his contract is specifically designed with managing the salary cap in mind...Its designed so you can eat a large cap figure right now or convert any given amount into a signing bonus so its over the life of the contract instead. I guess asking you to think is too much.

UMM..... if we have no salary cap space now.... we can't even sign any big contracts with free agents. We aren't signing someone for 30 Mil 3 years with them getting 1 Mil the 1st year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
UMM..... if we have no salary cap space now.... we can't even sign any big contracts with free agents. We aren't signing someone for 30 Mil 3 years with them getting 1 Mil the 1st year.

The way to fixing this team, or really just the defense, doesn't involve doling out a slew of large contracts to begin with and even if Emery did want to make a big free agent signing he could by having Cliff Fucking Stein play with the numbers on any of the contracts handed out this off-season. Furthermore you don't have any idea how the salary cap works if you believe money paid = salary cap hit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it's a good signing for the Bucs. McCown will allow Glennon more time to learn and if he shits the bed they still have a rookie who had a 2 vs 1 INT ratio to turn back to. Lovie just wants a QB who will make the easy plays, not turn the ball over, and take advantage of the turnovers his defense causes. He now has two game manager types that he can rely on.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

there are several contracts we can redo to free up cap space

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
The way to fixing this team, or really just the defense, doesn't involve doling out a slew of large contracts to begin with and even if Emery did want to make a big free agent signing he could by having Cliff Fucking Stein play with the numbers on any of the contracts handed out this off-season. Furthermore you don't have any idea how the salary cap works if you believe money paid = salary cap hit.

But the way to fixing the team involves giving Cutler $22.5 Million next year? A 31-year-old QB with literally no accomplishments. I mean from 2009-2012 even when the defense was above-average to great, he still did nothing.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But the way to fixing the team involves giving Cutler $22.5 Million next year? A 31-year-old QB with literally no accomplishments. I mean from 2009-2012 even when the defense was above-average to great, he still did nothing.

Absolutely not! The way to fix a team involves signing a QB to a 5mil/year contract that had a negative TD/Int ration until last season. Don't you know anything?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Okay so what you're saying is you would rather fuck with the offensive unit to build the defensive unit when the offense just crawled out of the fucking stone age? Cutler got paid market value and some might even argue less than market value because he has no guarantees past three years. One thing is an absolute certainty, during those three years that are guranteed you're going to see what the market values for QB contracts will inflate to. Then, assuming you're not just trolling, you will see his contract won't just be fair market value...it will actually be cheap.

And create lots of dead money in the future.... you really want to be the Cowboys with bloated contracts?

For fucks sake man. The salary cap, dead money all that shit...is a fluid situation that changes on a yearly basis. Money comes in and money goes out.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Cutler is 10x (ok may be over exaggerating) better than McCown and gives them a much better chance of winning. McCown has has 1 good season in the NFL, and that was him starting 5 games. We have no idea how well he could do for an entire season. Im just saying their was a reason why no one wanted him a year ago when has was a high school coach. Just because he played well in 5 games doesnt mean hes the answer at all.
The thing is Cutler has never had a good season and nobody at any point has consider Josh to have elite skills like Cutler. Yeah better but Cutlers only decent year has been with Denver and he still threw a ton of ints and get this, was only sacked 11 times.
I'm more excited to see how good he should play next year. If this following year doesn't do it then let's reconsider what are thoughts are if he does well even the naysayers will be fine being wrong.

I'm still waiting for someone to post when was the last time Cutler threw 13:1 in a five game span. This year Josh just looked better. He may had got lucky on some dropped ints but so did Cutler.

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
Okay so what you're saying is you would rather fuck with the offensive unit to build the defensive unit when the offense just crawled out of the fucking stone age? Cutler got paid market value and some might even argue less than market value because he has no guarantees past three years. One thing is an absolute certainty, during those three years that are guranteed you're going to see what the market values for QB contracts will inflate to. Then, assuming you're not just trolling, you will see his contract won't just be fair market value...it will actually be cheap.

Cheap? Less than market value? LOL. Yes, there were teams just lining up to give him $140+ Million over 7 years with a 25+ Mil cap hit the 1st year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not cheap now, cheap in 2-3 years...based on ever-inflating QB contracts. Oh never mind. You're just trolling anyways.

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
Not cheap now, cheap in 2-3 years...based on ever-inflating QB contracts. Oh never mind. You're just trolling anyways.

2-3 years of what? Finishing 2nd place in the NFC North and doing nothing in the playoffs (if we even make it)? Sounds like a solid investment to me.