McCown to Tampa....

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
So the reason Cutler played so mediocre is because he went up against the best defenses?

Cutler didn't play mediocre. Cutler actually had impressive performances vs top 10 defenses. McCown made out red zone offense look like pee wee football vs the Rams and Vikings. Like I told Rory, you have 6 months to suck MCCown's dick like the dick sucker you are. Just warning you.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought that was due to Cutler's turnover??

No?

Clearly. A hail merry pass works for every other QB. Even the back QB in KC a couple of years ago can do it against us

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Clearly. A hail merry pass works for every other QB. Even the back QB in KC a couple of years ago can do it against us
That was an "old school" hail merry.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Why should the Bears spend this kind of money on a backup? This is one of Trestman's specialties. Let him find some other journeyman to pay league minimum to and save the money for defensive holes.

If he could turn around a useless career by Mccown that makes people think he couldn't do it with another veteran?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So when McCown ended the year as the #2 rated passer in the NFL, you expected him to have played better than his numbers?

I would expect a quarterback with the weapons McCown had playing dumpster fire defenses to have a pretty damn good passer rating. He's gone.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg[/video]

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If he could turn around a useless career by Mccown that makes people think he couldn't do it with another veteran?

We're all waiting for light to turn on with Cutler

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to weigh in on the McCown issue and say my piece.

We have another GM who just does not get the purpose of back-up QB's in the NFL when you have a franchise QB and a head coach QB guru.

We should be in the business of image reclamation and back-up QB sale.

What was McCowns value before he came here? What is it now? Who did that?

You see, Trestman changed the mans value. Had we understood the implications we would have McCown signed to the bears for 2 years and 10 million and promised him if we didn't have a need for him by the trade deadline we would move him to a contender with no QB.

You can count on that happening every year. As long as we have a QB guru the back-up should be a high upside veteran image reclamation project and the third should be a young prospect with little NFL image yet.

It wasn't McCown for 2 years and 10 million. It was 10 million for peace of mind at QB for 6-18 months before we trade him for a 3rd to 5th round pick. What is the value of a third round pick? 5 million? etc....if you could just auction one off to owner Snyder and Jones would drive the auction way up.

I don't get why the great franchises do this and all the franchises supposedly mimicking them don't get it. The Patriots will recoup everything and more that they paid for Ryan Mallet and they will have had a talented and capable back-up all this time for free basically.

When are we going to understand the back-up QB and compensatory draft picks are actually worth something long term?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was hoping the same for Cutler

To be fair before his injury against the skins he was the 5th highest QBR in league. His lowest rating against the Lions while having 90's and 100's against every other team. I'm just worried about an injury

czman

Liked Posts:
This thread delivers.

It should be interesting to see what happens here if Cutler struggles early and McCown starts off hot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread delivers.

It should be interesting to see what happens here if Cutler struggles early and McCown starts off hot.

"interesting" may not be the right word, unless you find the Salem Witch Trials "interesting", or a giant underground tire fire "interesting."

inferno

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Breaking news: Lovie Smith just raped your mom....

Yeah, he's that much of an asshole. He's taking your players and doing, well what I will only mention once in my life. What an F-er!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
To be fair before his injury against the skins he was the 5th highest QBR in league. His lowest rating against the Lions while having 90's and 100's against every other team. I'm just worried about an injury

That's probably the biggest drawback to not retaining McCown

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it ironic that all the Cutler haters were on this board during McCowns starting time last season touting the idea of firing Cutler and keeping McCown...Now we have the reverse situation.. I wish he would have stayed as Jays backup

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That's probably the biggest drawback to not retaining McCown

Literally... Is there any other drawback?

I guess that you could say losing Josh from the QB room but idk how much that is gonna impact.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Nuclear-Mind-Blown.jpg