onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Literally... Is there any other drawback?

I guess that you could say losing Josh from the QB room but idk how much that is gonna impact.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Good lockeroom guy

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I always thought he looked like Marv from Sin City:

fhd005sc_mickey_rourke_003.jpg

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did Marv watch pron?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good luck to McCown and to Lovie. They both deserve it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It'll be interesting to see if the "light" went on for McCown or if his success was a product of the Trestman system/coaching and the fact that he had Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett and Forte surrounding him. He'd never been more than a journeyman backup till last year.....but I guess we'll find out next season.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
per roto

Asked if Josh McCown would be his quarterback for the 2014 season, Bucs coach Lovie Smith replied "yes, he is."

There isn't going to be any competition with second-year pro Mike Glennon. Turning the keys over to a 34-year-old veteran who's made seven starts since 2007 isn't exactly an orthodox move, but the Bucs are going all in on 2014. Smith has never had much patience for young players, and Glennon cratered down the stretch as a rookie after getting off to a promising start.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
per roto

Asked if Josh McCown would be his quarterback for the 2014 season, Bucs coach Lovie Smith replied "yes, he is."

There isn't going to be any competition with second-year pro Mike Glennon. Turning the keys over to a 34-year-old veteran who's made seven starts since 2007 isn't exactly an orthodox move, but the Bucs are going all in on 2014. Smith has never had much patience for young players, and Glennon cratered down the stretch as a rookie after getting off to a promising start.

Lovie is like those weirdos in Utah with a bunch of wives.

He doesn't have 'a quarterback', he has 'quarterbacks'.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
per roto

I think it is a good situation for Glennon. He was thrown in the fire and really had no time to sit back and learn. Glennon is a decent QB, but he isn't polished. Rather than being forced into a sink-or-swim mentality, Glennon can grow and learn for the next two years. I think it is an ideal situation to bring in a project QB - see which one learns the best and give them the keys when McCown is done.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I hope they finish 4th in the NFC South. just my thoughts. fuck that team. and their shitty uniforms too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
The #Bucs deal for Josh McCown: It’s two years for $10M. He gets $4.75M this year, $5.25M next year.

Congrats to Josh. No way we were paying that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Lovie has his Ortong. Now all he needs is his Grossman from the draft this year... lmao

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish him the best, he kept our team somewhat together during the Cutty injury but he's a system QB that really thrived under Trest. I can't blame him for grabbing the money since he'll only be in the league for another year or two. On a side note, I think Lovie is grabbing or intending to grab Bears players out of spite.

lmao

I don't think Lovie is actually psycho.

mecha

Liked Posts:
we need Grossman now to complete the circle.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Nope but he did the intelligent thing for his financial situation. Bucs should be weary about his shit history before Trestman

Leave it to Lovie to forget about that part, even when some of that history was with Lovie. I wonder if he'll go after Rex for backup.

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
We could have done that and had an additional 18 million available to pick up the best free agents. Instead, we have an injury prone QB who is the highest paid this year in the NFL with no backup, great.

It's actually a 22.5 Mil cap hit this year. We would have 30+ Mil in cap space now without Cutler.