McCown to Tampa....

Madden

Liked Posts:
He burned us. Gypsy son of a bitch burned us.

I guess that makes Palmer our #2, which I'm okay with. He looked good in preseason. I wonder if we pick up another QB now for 3rd string.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
[video=youtube;cz0NKWpRO6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz0NKWpRO6g[/video]

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. If the starter is paid like a franchise qb the backup is not getting $5 mil/yr. Also for all the posters who say McCown will revert - I wouldn't be so sure. Tampa's offensive talent may not equal Chicago's but Tedford has a reputation for being a good developer of qbs.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I've had a bunch of my neighbors ask me about McCown today. Only thing I had to say in reply is "should have traded the next few years worth of picks for Trestman & AJ to make that signing work." Needless to say, they were not happy to hear that. It's going to be funny watching people around here(Tampa) cry and want Lovie fired after his first year.

Last edited:

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
It's pretty blatant and hilarious how some members here and moron PAID media members are simply rooting for McCown and against Cutler.

Just to recap. Josh McCown is a journeyman NFL QB who has been straight ass his whole career, including on a team with Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz together. He was a high school substitute teacher until Caleb Hanie put our playoff hopes out of its misery a couple years ago and forced us to sign him. He had been horrible in his appearances as a Bear. Before this season, fans and media alike pined for a quality backup and didn't like how McCown was playing in preseason even suggesting Blanchard be promoted.

Then, the magic happened. McCown got hot statistically for 8 games playing against the worst defenses on the schedule and getting some fortunate bounces to say the least, clearly playing over his head. Now he is an untouchable franchise player who is going to set the world on fire in TB away from Trestman, Kromer, Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Forte, and a solid OL.

TB super bowl champs 2014!

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think you might have a better chance winning the lotto than McCown getting those numbers again. Then you can start your own pool cleaning business and hire your buddy

I agree. It is unlikely Josh plays like a top 5 QB for a full season.

I also think the same about all but a few guys.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just want a competent QB for the eventual moment when Cutler gets injured.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like McCown, but he is not going to have the same success in TB under Lovie.

Good thing he won't need to because their D is better than ours. Mike Glennon could conceivably beat him out so the reality is it's just a decent insurance policy for the Bucs.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just want a competent QB for the eventual moment when Cutler gets injured.

0bd5ac1f3d2a67c804198252681e8b1a0c4d6322.gif