Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Trubisky holds the ball too long..deny and spin all ya want, but thats the bottom line..I hope he outgrows it, but for now, thats him

That is fairly common for rookie QBs. Often, that is because they still have to think about what to do. As they get comfortable in an offense, their reaction times will quicken and decision making improves.

So he is just going through routine growing pains for a rookie QB. If you are focusing on that instead of how he has improved over the season, that's on you.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
OK...You like sacks..I dont...Other QB's manage,he should also..Enjoy your sacks...The bottom line is, he was sacked 5 times today..He could have saved some of those by simply tossing the ball away safely

He avoided sacks by running for yardage today. It's not nearly as bad as you think it is. Rodgers is an escape artist and he gets sacked all the time. It's not as simple as throwing at peoples feet when other players are obstructing your vision and blocking you. Also, they want to bat ill advised throws in the air for INT's. He can get better at hitting open players sooner, but I think this has gotten overblown. Even the announcer said today he should have thrown the ball to Wright instead of Cohen, even though Wright would have gotten tackled well shy of a first down.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Look, show me a play where he gets sacked then show me a throwing lane where he can do what you just said and by all means rip him for that. Otherwise you're talking shit for the sake of talking shit. I've said it plenty of times, I have no problems with picking apart his mistakes and deficiencies. Bad analysis is another thing entirely.

I'm sorry but you are crazy. Mitch should throw the ball at the feet of RB's and WR's all the time. It's not like 10 guys 6'2-6'7 are in his way forcing him to throw the ball over them and in the air for possible INT's. He can throw the ball low between their legs and it will land safely at the feet of an eligible receiver. QB's like Rodgers don't get sacked ever.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but you are crazy. Mitch should throw the ball at the feet of RB's and WR's all the time. It's not like 10 guys 6'2-6'7 are in his way forcing him to throw the ball over them and in the air for possible INT's. He can throw the ball low between their legs and it will land safely at the feet of an eligible receiver. QB's like Rodgers don't get sacked ever.

Rodgers offensive line doesn't allow the type of pressure Trubisky had on him in this game. That GB O-line is routinely one of the best in football, especially pass blocking.

Show me where he could have safely gone with the ball on an All-22 film I will take your word for it, but until then, I would much rather Trubisky take a sack then watch him throw it up for grabs Jay Cutler style.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Rodgers offensive line doesn't allow the type of pressure Trubisky had on him in this game. That GB O-line is routinely one of the best in football, especially pass blocking.

Show me where he could have safely gone with the ball on an All-22 film I will take your word for it, but until then, I would much rather Trubisky take a sack then watch him throw it up for grabs Jay Cutler style.

Sarcasm meter is broken?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is fairly common for rookie QBs. Often, that is because they still have to think about what to do. As they get comfortable in an offense, their reaction times will quicken and decision making improves.

So he is just going through routine growing pains for a rookie QB. If you are focusing on that instead of how he has improved over the season, that's on you.

I said that I hoped he would outgrow it, and my comments werent an indictment of his overall playing or progress..It was just an observation that obviously triggered the Trubisky nut huggers who would rather him take a sack and possibly get injured than throw the ball away...But to each his own I guess

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I said that I hoped he would outgrow it, and my comments werent an indictment of his overall playing or progress..It was just an observation that obviously triggered the Trubisky nut huggers who would rather him take a sack and possibly get injured than throw the ball away...But to each his own I guess

I don't think people here disagree with you that he should throw it away if able etc. They are arguing that he did not have the openings to do so.
I tend to think you are all correct. He looks pass, then he looks run, throwing away is his final resort. And his spidey senses in the pocket aren't sharp enough yet.
He often gets caught running being unable to make the breach out of the pocket. A more keen spidey sense will allow him that time to throw it away. And that is something he must grow into. Everyone's technically correct.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think people here disagree with you that he should throw it away if able etc. They are arguing that he did not have the openings to do so.
I tend to think you are all correct. He looks pass, then he looks run, throwing away is his final resort. And his spidey senses in the pocket aren't sharp enough yet.
He often gets caught running being unable to make the breach out of the pocket. A more keen spidey sense will allow him that time to throw it away. And that is something he must grow into. Everyone's technically correct.

He didnt have the openings because he held the ball too long..Sometimes he just stands back there and we all can see the defensive players breaking thru the line and he doesnt see them, or he thinks he can make something happen before they get to him..Either way, the ball should have been long gone..If no one was open, then toss it over some receivers head, or at the feet of the RB thats still blocking in the backfield..QB's do it all the time..Its something he is going to have to learn to do or he is going to get injured..I think some people here want him to be great and thusly they dont want to hear any criticism of him..But thats on them..It all boils down to this...He holds the ball too long

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry, but before 2013 Rodgers was almost always behind a dumpster fire of an offensive line.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
He didnt have the openings because he held the ball too long..Sometimes he just stands back there and we all can see the defensive players breaking thru the line and he doesnt see them, or he thinks he can make something happen before they get to him..Either way, the ball should have been long gone..If no one was open, then toss it over some receivers head, or at the feet of the RB thats still blocking in the backfield..QB's do it all the time..Its something he is going to have to learn to do or he is going to get injured..I think some people here want him to be great and thusly they dont want to hear any criticism of him..But thats on them..It all boils down to this...He holds the ball too long

Waiting for routes to develop. His internal clock on when to abandon waiting for long routes to develop and when pressure dictates the run or throw away is still raw.
The best way to deal with that is to get WRs that get open immediately. Get better pass blockers. Coach him to recognize defensive pressure better. And/Or get super fast WRs that can hit those developing routes quicker.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Rodgers is among the most sacked QBs in football year after year. One year, he was sacked more per game than Cutler. So not sure where this narrative came from that good QBs don’t get sacked.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers is among the most sacked QBs in football year after year. One year, he was sacked more per game than Cutler. So not sure where this narrative came from that good QBs don’t get sacked.

Yep, him and Cutler were behind the 2 worst offensive lines every season.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry, but before 2013 Rodgers was almost always behind a dumpster fire of an offensive line.

[video=youtube;VKzcfrriEME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzcfrriEME[/video]

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Maybe throw the ball into the ground in front of a receiver or at the feet of a RB? Quarterbacks actually do that ya know..Avoiding sacks is a big part of QBing

Quarterbacks who do that also take sacks as well ya know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK...You like sacks..I dont...Other QB's manage,he should also..Enjoy your sacks...The bottom line is, he was sacked 5 times today..He could have saved some of those by simply tossing the ball away safely

He was blitzed like a mofo today.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Three of the sacks today were blitzes and our Oline got rear ended. Screens were the only thing that would have saved us. One sack Mitch stepped up but the guy just got his foot.