Mitchell Trubisky vs. DeShone Kizer: Handling Pressure

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want to argue that Trubisky is holding the ball too long it’s not hard to prove. Put a stopwatch on the play. Where is he at 4 seconds after the snap?

There were a handful of jailbreak plays where he had no shot. It took Loggains long enough to dial up a screen against that rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's not hard to diagnose. Trubisky holds onto the ball too long. Sometimes it's his fault. Sometimes it's not.

He's in the tough position of rarely seeing open receivers and has likely been told to take care of the ball above all else.

Marry that with the idea of getting rid of the ball after "one-one thousand, two-one thousand," and you can see how those ideas aren't very compatible with each other.

"O.K., I'm done with 'two-one thousand', and no one's open."

Do you just sling it out of bounds, throw it into a tight window, or do you maybe wait another second or two to see if something develops? Throwing it away isn't a bad idea, but there have been many times when something either opens up for him after that, or he runs for 5-10 yards. And just throwing it into a tight window after two seconds isn't an option, he's likely been told.

So, I don't worry thaaatttt much about holding onto the football too long, because we can all see in practicality what's happening here. It's a tough position he's put in, but he does appear to be getting better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Three of the sacks today were blitzes and our Oline got rear ended. Screens were the only thing that would have saved us. One sack Mitch stepped up but the guy just got his foot.

And the others had the collapsed pockets. This was not the right game to bring up any lack of pocket presence. It was good.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky holds the ball too long..If that upsets some people, so be it. Make your excuses......I hope he outgrows it...Merry Christmas to all

Mitchapalooza

Trubisky holds the ball too long..If that upsets some people, so be it. Make your excuses......I hope he outgrows it...Merry Christmas to all
Yeah he does but I think once we get receivers that can get separation he'll be fine since players will be open

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
This discussion reminds me of something said by one of the WSCR guys. He was talking about Trubisky’s inaccuracy. Said there were 2-3 completely inaccurate passes. What he didn’t say was this was out of 41 passes and completed 78% of his passes.
If you want to pick apart Trubisky as if he’s a veteran QB, you will find things to pick apart.
If you look at it from the perspective of his lack of college experience, poor offensive staff and lack of weapons, he’s done really well and has a lot of promise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but you are crazy. Mitch should throw the ball at the feet of RB's and WR's all the time. It's not like 10 guys 6'2-6'7 are in his way forcing him to throw the ball over them and in the air for possible INT's. He can throw the ball low between their legs and it will land safely at the feet of an eligible receiver. QB's like Rodgers don't get sacked ever.

If he had time and a throwing lane to throw it to their feet, would he not also be able to throw to their hands?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah he does but I think once we get receivers that can get separation he'll be fine since players will be open

This is something Mitch needs to be better at period! Knowing when to throw away instead of holding and taking the sack. Sacks can kill a drive just as much as stupid penalties do. Even with better WRs there will be times that they are covered, he needs to know where to throw it away instead of lossing yards on the sack.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I like your GIF because it's a legitimate moment of joy between young players in an otherwise abysmal season. That GIF shows what's so valuable about these wins. And check out Dontrelle Inman running over so he can get in on the snow angels. To those wanting to just tank, tell these players that game didn't matter.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Kizer really needed to sit at least a year or two before starting. The Browns clearly didn’t have a plan for him to be successful and threw him to the wolves. His confidence is probably broken beyond repair already.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Kizer really needed to sit at least a year or two before starting. The Browns clearly didn’t have a plan for him to be successful and threw him to the wolves. His confidence is probably broken beyond repair already.

No he is just bad at football. He was the only top QB prospect to play in a pro style offense and therefore the pundits pegged him as most nfl ready.

He is a mental midget that is not accurate, cannot read a defense or go through progressions, and he makes poor decisions. His only positives are size, arm strength, and mobility. He lacks the most important traits to be a successful QB. I am so happy the Bears didn’t draft that scrub.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me it's less about holding the ball than about developing a feel for the pocket. He can buy time by stepping up or running out and waiting for something to develop, and he can throw on the run - not something every QB has the physical skills for.

What I remember about yesterday was when he took sacks there wasn't any time unless he threw it away almost the instant he took the snap.

More concerning to me was the pick six that got called back on a Browns penalty. That looked like the kind of rookie fuckup he'd better not repeat next year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
No he is just bad at football. He was the only top QB prospect to play in a pro style offense and therefore the pundits pegged him as most nfl ready.

He is a mental midget that is not accurate, cannot read a defense or go through progressions, and he makes poor decisions. His only positives are size, arm strength, and mobility. He lacks the most important traits to be a successful QB. I am so happy the Bears didn’t draft that scrub.

I don't recall any pundits saying Kizer was most NFL ready by any means. I do recall his coach saying he should stay in school for one more year, and talks of him being a project just like every other QB in the draft class.

Spot on with everything else though. He was the one QB I really didn't want to see the Bears pick. He has the physical tools but the rest just doesn't seem to be there. As bad as the Browns are I would hate to suffer through each week watching this guy play, especially considering they passed on QB twice in round 1.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;VKzcfrriEME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzcfrriEME[/video]

Been saying this for a few years. The Packers are being taught how to hold and get away with it and the league is allowing it. I like the "if it's not going to be called a hold until you get around the lineman, and the linemans holding you prevents you from getting around him, then you're never going to get the call". Hell, if this is the new way, can someone please teach it to our O line? And teach our Dline the Vikes D plan?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He is 21 years old and most of the big guys (Mayock/Jeremiah) said he had to sit a year. At the age of 19, he was leading comeback after comeback at ND. He’s made 1 or 2 atrocious bonehead throws in almost every game this year, which is obviously a big deal. But besides that he’s been great in a system where he has to take 7 step drops with long and complex routes behind a horrid Oline. He gets leveled every other pass attempt and his WR’s drop balls every 3rd pass. It’s crazy how many 20+ yard passes have been dropped by the WR’s.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I think that’s a bit harsh. His decision making is horrible, which is exactly why he should have been sitting on the bench learning.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mind showing me these analysts that said Kizer was more NFL ready than Watson? I distinctly remember people saying Watson was the most NFL ready QB.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me it's less about holding the ball than about developing a feel for the pocket. He can buy time by stepping up or running out and waiting for something to develop, and he can throw on the run - not something every QB has the physical skills for.

What I remember about yesterday was when he took sacks there wasn't any time unless he threw it away almost the instant he took the snap.

More concerning to me was the pick six that got called back on a Browns penalty. That looked like the kind of rookie fuckup he'd better not repeat next year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FWIW Trubisky said he made the proper read and throw on that play and had the misfortune of it being tipped. So if he didn't see it as a mistake...

[video=youtube;NkBDpUnhIKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkBDpUnhIKk[/video]

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
FWIW Trubisky said he made the proper read and throw on that play and had the misfortune of it being tipped. So if he didn't see it as a mistake...

[video=youtube;NkBDpUnhIKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkBDpUnhIKk[/video]

The throwing lane was also clear. And Garrett came out of nowhere crossing into the lane. Right time right place. Gotta give credit on great plays by the other team.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The throwing lane was also clear. And Garrett came out of nowhere crossing into the lane. Right time right place. Gotta give credit on great plays by the other team.

Even the Browns are indeed paid to try

:smug2: