Mitchell Trubisky Will Have Voice in Coaching Search

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This is dumb. If mitch was a hall of famer it would make sense. Right now he should have no say on the coach. He is not peyton manning yet. He might get there one day but right now he shouldn't get the luxury of having a say in the coaching hire.

It's not uncommon for the coaching candidate to spend time with the QB and see if they mesh. Not in the formal interview.

Pace's ass is on the line with Trubisky. Trubisky is Pace's Manning.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
New year's day. The PR gal still has her champagne stained dress from New Year's on.

Reports were the presser was delayed till late afternoon cause Pace woke up late from a New Years Eve party on the floor of Phi Beta Kappa house with a few of his former frat buddies . . . "Shit, bro, they just fired my Head Coach. I need to get to Halas Hall" . . .

Washington

Liked Posts:
Will Ted and George have Sanchez and Glennon talk to the new HC candidates too? Only seems fair to me. Maybe Pace will join the QBs for a little round table discussion after Ted and George complete their portions?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Ted and George have Sanchez and Glennon talk to the new HC candidates too? Only seems fair to me. Maybe Pace will join the QBs for a little round table discussion after Ted and George complete their portions?

Jay Cutler has interviewing experience, so he may be brought back to Halas Hall.

I'm disappointed in all this talk about "collaborative" efforts - I've heard seemingly everyone's name except Ernie Accorsi's. Aren't the Bears going to draw on "Uncle" Ernie's vast knowledge? . . .

Washington

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler has interviewing experience, so he may be brought back to Halas Hall.

I'm disappointed in all this talk about "collaborative" efforts - I've heard seemingly everyone's name except Ernie Accorsi's. Aren't the Bears going to draw on "Uncle" Ernie's vast knowledge? . . .

Ernie might have an exclusive rights type contract with the NYG. Chances are that Teddy inquired.

I gotta say that none of this "collaboration" talk surprises me but I do find it very disturbing and disheartening. Pace should have 100% of the say and then his HC should have 100% of the say of his coaching staff. I do want some collaboration though between the HC and Pace in regard to personnel moves.

JoeyBones21

Liked Posts:

Yes, Cutler had that fantastic dinner with Martz. He was in awe by Martz's offensive prowess and approved the hire. Shows what QBs know about hiring coaches/coordinators...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's like no one has ever worked in business here.......

I am a field sales exec at a company and aided in the search of the marketing rep for the territory I am in. I don't have any say in who is hired, but I interviewed them and provided my input as to what I thought.

People take shit way too literal here and then multiply it to the nth degree. Is everyone really that stupid?

Exactly, does anyone have a job and interact within a corporate structure?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
[

Yes, Cutler had that fantastic dinner with Martz. He was in awe by Martz's offensive prowess and approved the hire. Shows what QBs know about hiring coaches/coordinators...

Cutler might have been right. It was just Martz had Cutler at QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's like no one has ever worked in business here.......

I am a field sales exec at a company and aided in the search of the marketing rep for the territory I am in. I don't have any say in who is hired, but I interviewed them and provided my input as to what I thought.

People take shit way too literal here and then multiply it to the nth degree. Is everyone really that stupid?

Yes.

We're Bearz fans.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Makes sense to me.

Hey Mitch, do you think we should interview Larry Fedora? Or would you demand a trade if he was hired?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and the actual quote doesn't even say what the title of this thread does.

billwade

Liked Posts:
While we know that's probably now what Pace meant (though who knows with these guys), why didn't the Bears themselves clarify instead of blindly tweeting out the misspeak?

They also could have written a real sentence - "Bears are discussion Mitchell Trubisky having a say in who our next HC" . . . Huh. . . .

. . . Amateurish . . .

Especially since the Bears already have a history of giving the QB an active role in choosing the HC. Remember, jay interviewed Trestman, and it was not a courtesy call just to see if they meshed. jay actually was involved in choosing the HC.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace lets 23 year old rookie have say in the coaching search?

This is why Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will get a coach with titty's. I like it.

rex-burp-ryan-burp-rob-burp-ryan-burp11.jpg

Reactions: Myk