Mitchell Trubisky Will Have Voice in Coaching Search

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's like no one has ever worked in business here.......

I am a field sales exec at a company and aided in the search of the marketing rep for the territory I am in. I don't have any say in who is hired, but I interviewed them and provided my input as to what I thought.

People take shit way too literal here and then multiply it to the nth degree. Is everyone really that stupid?

Well, a poster just suggested that Mitch might be as good as Peyton Manning one day. So the answer is yes, in some circumstances.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
What's wrong with putting our future coach in a room with our franchise QB to see how they interact with each other and getting Trubisky's feedback into how they got along?

Trubisky isn't calling the shots, it's just Pace being thorough.

People on here will complain about anything.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Problem was Cutler wanted Arians and was overruled by Emery because he saw a kindred spirit in Tressman.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What's wrong with putting our future coach in a room with our franchise QB to see how they interact with each other and getting Trubisky's feedback into how they got along?

Trubisky isn't calling the shots, it's just Pace being thorough.

People on here will complain about anything.

I was put in a room with the other jewelers more than once (even had to travel to another store to meet another one). Last time I told the manager I wouldn't get along with his head guy.

I think it's that the ones who want Trubisky to fail would love to get a coach that wants him gone as much as they do.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Having multiple input is an asset.
Making decisions in an echo chamber is not.

bufordht

Liked Posts:

I am a field sales exec at a company and aided in the search of the marketing rep for the territory I am in. I don't have any say in who is hired, but I interviewed them and provided my input as to what I thought.

People take shit way too literal here and then multiply it to the nth degree. Is everyone really that stupid?

Uh... Yes, yes they are.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Crazy comments in this thread.

How are Pace and any prospective HC supposed to know if they can work well with Trubs at QB unless he is a part of the process? Playing QB in the NFL is about more than physical skills. There's the mental side of the game as well. Only way to know if that's a fit is to have Trubs be a part of the interview process.

Kinda important for the new HC and QB to both know they are a fit before making THE hire of your GM tenure...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ironically, Cutler had arguably his best stretch with Martz.

I've always said that if Martz had the offensive squad that Trestman was handed then he would have won a SB.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, a poster just suggested that Mitch might be as good as Peyton Manning one day. So the answer is yes, in some circumstances.

Yeah that is exactly what he said. You live in Flint Michigan by chance?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

At first I was going to say you are being a little hard on folks, but the more I read, the more I thought, yeah they really are that stupid.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Trubisky as it stands is the future of this franchise, and he will be the starting QB for the next coach that gets hired. Do you think that the person applying for the Bears HC position would maybe like to sit down and have a conversation with Trubisky? Do you think Pace and co could then sit down with Trubisky or call him and ask what he thought? Is this fucking rocket science or is it just common sense?

DavidH

Liked Posts:
Some of you guys are fucking idiots.

Goff met with McVay last year during the Rams interview process too (and, FWIW, told them McVay would be the guy he'd want coaching him). This is entirely common practice. The coaching/QB relationship is incredibly important.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone questioning Trubisky's involvement needs to watch this.

grrrr old school....no goll durn rookie is gunna be talkin to the new head coach.....in fact everyone should be wearin leather helmets and git rid of the forward pass......

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Everyone questioning Trubisky's involvement needs to watch this.

There’s just so much mind numbing stupidity on this board from certain posters it is a bit painful to read. The Bears are building the team around Trubisky but some people think he shouldn’t interact with the potential new head coaches in the interview process. This video just illustrates the obvious but it’s a difficult thing to process for some of the slow kids that post here.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Please, you all know that the only one really making these decisions is...
dt-common-streams-streamserver.jpg