Mitchell Trubisky's Turnaround

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Makes sense, but I get the feeling that Mitch would come back cheap to play with the Bears again. That's based on nothing other than my own assessment of how Trubisky feels about the Bears lol, he just seems like that type of guy to me. If him coming back for real cheap (on a prove it sort of deal) would make it easier for the Bears to bring back ARob, then I think that would also make it more likely for him to do so.

I think SF would be the perfect landing spot for him, and if they cut Jimmy and want him then it would be totally idiotic for him to turn that down (especially since he would get more money and have the great George Kittle + a potent running game).

HOWEVER, and this outweighs everything that I just said in this post: This discussion is not nearly as developed as it will be after Sunday. There are lots of realistic outcomes that could radically sway lots of opinions (including my own) depending on how Sunday/the rest of the season goes (if the season extends beyond Sunday). If Mitch shits it up like 5 weeks ago and the Bears lose I wouldn't at all care to bring him back, and would shift my focus to bringing ARob back. If Mitch plays well and the Bears win I'll be more intrigued about bringing him back (but how he plays in the PS would play large in my opinion of what to do with him too).

Essentially I agree with you right now, but this discussion, in my opinion, is premature at the moment.

No doubt it is premature. I was just using 4M to illustrate the cap constraints. The only thing I will add is that if 4M beats GB and wins a playoff game then I think his price jumps up exponentially because outside teams will be more interested. In that scenario I think you probably end up having to franchise him or giving him at least 20 million a year or so on a short term deal unless like you said he is fond of Chicago despite all the shit he has been thru.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
No doubt it is premature. I was just using 4M to illustrate the cap constraints. The only thing I will add is that if 4M beats GB and wins a playoff game then I think his price jumps up exponentially because outside teams will be more interested. In that scenario I think you probably end up having to franchise him or giving him at least 20 million a year or so on a short term deal unless like you said he is fond of Chicago despite all the shit he has been thru.
Yeah, I just really feel like he wants his career to play out in CHI. Time will tell.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
A 360 degree turnaround!