Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
K Wood with the selection of Rob Zastrynky or something. lol

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finesse lefty with the second round pick. Don't know a ton about the guy, but not a huge fan of a pitchability guy this high.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I believe it was to underslot. Bet they over pay Bryant.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bet they pay him a 3rd round slot value.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_98118666-c242-5f97-b6fc-8eb1d0c73bbb.html

“The thing that’s interesting this year is the handful of teams that have more than one pick in the first round,” said Jamieson, referring to the Cardinals, Yankees, Pirates, Rays and Rangers. “Rob fits very well into that second pick from a team in the first round. Everything we’re hearing is there’s a good likelihood that he could be taken late in the first round.”

In recent weeks, Zastryzny has been contacted by representatives from all 30 clubs but has had extensive discussions with the Yankees, Royals, Astros and Blue Jays. The Yankees are the only team with three first-round choices, picking at 26, 32 and 33.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He wasn't projected top 100. Again I believe this was to underslot. I bet that they give first pick cash to Bryant. 2nd round slot is 1,361,900. 3rd round where he was projected at 736,200. That is 600k they can push towards Bryant. There have been a lot of teams picking lesser players in round 2. Trust me they will get underslot offers.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

One thing that can't hurt, besides raw talent, he has a 3.35 GPA in school. I like having guys that have a good head on their shoulders. Nothing wrong with getting the best bat in the draft.

Now it's time for Rickett's to pony up for some players like Choo and some pitching instead of these reclamation projects. I don't mind taking a chance every now and then, but there are far too many of them in the organization.

patg006

Liked Posts:

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Cannot believe that Wahl is still there in Round 3. Going to be a tough call between Wahl and C Denney.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Interesting, he seems to be a better pitcher on a shit team.....if the Mizzou Tigers were any good....this kid probably goes higher.

Dont like his coach pandering to him in the article to take the money.....smells like an above average year then cashout to become another bust lottery ticket.

Didn't like the pick until did some digging. Mayo made it sound like he was a finesse LHP, however reports have him hitting 95 at times in games. That isn't finesse.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't like the pick until did some digging. Mayo made it sound like he was a finesse LHP, however reports have him hitting 95 at times in games. That isn't finesse.

Seems like he is the type that can throw a straight as an arrow max effort four seamer in the mid 90s. His fastball probably sits in the high 80s range with movement.

Or perhaps he is a guy whose fastball has gone up a few ticks this year. If true that makes the pick a whole lot more interesting.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Seems like he is the type that can throw a straight as an arrow max effort four seamer in the mid 90s. His fastball probably sits in the high 80s range with movement.

Or perhaps he is a guy whose fastball has gone up a few ticks this year. If true that makes the pick a whole lot more interesting.

Your favorite...http://www.bleachernation.com/2013/...second-rounds/comment-page-13/#comment-314456

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound southpaw was undrafted out of Corpus Christi, Texas high school despite going 17-1, 0.20 with 198 strikeouts his senior year. He stepped into the Missouri rotation early in his freshman year and has built his upper-80s fastball into a pitch that now tops out at 94 mph with excellent sinking and running life at times. Zastryzny’s best secondary pitch is a low-80s changeup that has very good arm speed and matches his fastball in life and in his ability to spot the ball low in the zone. His third pitch is a curveball that is a workable offering in setting up hitters, but it is not currently a swing-and-miss pitch.”

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I believe it was to underslot. Bet they over pay Bryant.

Fucking Brutal.

People whine about how it would have been dumb to overslot for Appel last year and are going to slurp up overslotting for a swing and miss hitter with the #2 overall pick.

And then a Misery Tigger in the second round.

Awful. Just plain awful.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
One thing that can't hurt, besides raw talent, he has a 3.35 GPA in school. I like having guys that have a good head on their shoulders. Nothing wrong with getting the best bat in the draft.

Now it's time for Rickett's to pony up for some players like Choo and some pitching instead of these reclamation projects. I don't mind taking a chance every now and then, but there are far too many of them in the organization.

I'm guessing that Bryant forces a 2014 promotion.

With a core hitter like him in place I would push up Soler to mach his pace then trade out Baez (lacks the plate discipline the other 2 have) I'm start fishing for Price.

On signing hitters I'd rather have them invest into Jarrod Saltalamacchia. Career: .268/.335/.484. Ends the need to use a high draft pick on anything other then pitching.

Also: With them drafting a bat #1 I hope this means they re-ink Garza now. Should be mandatory.

Cannot believe that Wahl is still there in Round 3. Going to be a tough call between Wahl and C Denney.

I believe they will continue to take players that they can get at or below projected slot value. Got to believe that they will give Bryant around 9 mil. Rest of the draft will be pitching heavy.