Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Kevin White?!

Make mine......a Double!

4YGU0AN.jpg

napo55

Liked Posts:
Seems to be a very good guy. Hard to be too optimistic, but would be great to see him produce.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Good for him. It would be great if he had a Zach Miller like resurrection to his career. Not counting on it but any production we get from him would be an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington

Liked Posts:
Good for him. It would be great if he had a Zach Miller like resurrection to his career. Not counting on it but any production we get from him would be an added bonus.

Unfortunately, Zach Miller was injured every year he was with us save for one and an injury ended his career.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It would be hilarious if after this whole offseason of adding weapons to the offense that Kevin White ended up being the star. I'm rooting hard for the lad. Might even buy a jersey.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is more realistic than negative.

Can anyone show me a player that played 5 games in 3 years and spent 43 games on IR that ended up having success after that?

If Kevin White becomes successful he would literally be the first to do it.

We all know that you've already decided that K.White is done and a bust and will never be a WR in the NFL since you said it soooooo many times on here but just because you and some others think it doesn't mean it's true. Why can't the rest of us keep some hope alive that he is over the serious injuries and can still be productive? Nobody is saying he will be great or won't get hurt again.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
It is more realistic than negative.

Realistic sure this time, but this guy is negative in every post. He may get some right but what a shitty way to live life. AKA a negative person. Hey it takes all types but I don't take what he says seriously because I already know it will be negative. He is a glass fully empty guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So you're telling me there's a chance.

No harm in hope. Harm could come in counting on him, but I hope we are all beyond that.

Good post. It would be exactly the Bears luck that he produces and stays healthy next year and signs with another team after next year and becomes a pro bowl WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't understand Windy's thing with KW. It sounds bitter and almost personal.

He's still mad that we didn't replace him with Albert Wilson....lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We all know that you've already decided that K.White is done and a bust and will never be a WR in the NFL since you said it soooooo many times on here but just because you and some others think it doesn't mean it's true. Why can't the rest of us keep some hope alive that he is over the serious injuries and can still be productive? Nobody is saying he will be great or won't get hurt again.

No one is telling you to do anything.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you're telling me there's a chance.

No harm in hope. Harm could come in counting on him, but I hope we are all beyond that.

There is harm in hope.

2017 was a perfect example.

They hoped that White would come back from injuries, they did not add enough depth, he got hurt, and the WR core was horrendous all season.

That is the harm of hope. It does not appear that 2018 will be a repeat of that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, fuck you gilder121. Your hope last year doomed the team into making poor personnel decisions.

Don't let that happen again.

Pace's hope led too poor roster construction.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Pace's hope led too poor roster construction.

And White is still on the team, so obviously they still have hope for him. So the bears are doomed again?

I think the word you are looking for is rely, not hope.

The failure of Pace was going into the season relying on White, not "hoping" for White to be something.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And White is still on the team, so obviously they still have hope for him. So the bears are doomed again?

I think the word you are looking for is rely, not hope.

The failure of Pace was going into the season relying on White, not "hoping" for White to be something.

They brought in 4 pass catchers to replace him.

They may have hope, but they are being realistic this season.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is harm in hope.

2017 was a perfect example.

They hoped that White would come back from injuries, they did not add enough depth, he got hurt, and the WR core was horrendous all season.

That is the harm of hope. It does not appear that 2018 will be a repeat of that.

He was the #2 WR with 0 depth behind him. The hope didn't hurt the team, the choice that hope was enough to fill out a position group did.