Moon Mullin's take on OTAs

Newblood

Liked Posts:
They brought in 4 pass catchers to replace him.

They may have hope, but they are being realistic this season.

Once again, rely, not hope is the difference here.

Their hope can be just as high this year as it was last year. The difference is, they are not going into this year relying on White.

I can buy a lotto ticket and hope I win.
If I do not win, I can buy another lotto ticket the next year and have just as high a hope of winning.
If I do not win, no harm, no foul. Just out the money for the ticket.
But if I buy a lotto ticket, and subsequently quit my job, then you are going beyond just hope. You are now relying on that ticket.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're back and forth in two different threads on the same subject.

It's amazing to see just how much you don't want Kevin White on this team.

I am fine with him being on the team. Maybe he turns into something. But the odds are heavily stacked against him and I think Mullins is click baiting us.

I am actually happy with the position he occupies this season as being the 4th-6th WR. I think that it indicates how much the team has improved.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The kid had worked his ass off to give it another try and the Bears are willing to give him that chance. Kudos to both.

I'm rooting for him, after all I'm a Bears fan, and we seem to be rooting for an underdog year after year.

White is actually healthier than Robinson, and he will obviously get his chances in TC and Pre Season because of it.

Hell, wouldn't it be great is White did enough to allow us to be cautious with Robinson in TC,preseason and even in the first few games if needed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am fine with him being on the team. Maybe he turns into something. But the odds are heavily stacked against him and I think Mullins is click baiting us.

I am actually happy with the position he occupies this season as being the 4th-6th WR. I think that it indicates how much the team has improved.

If he stays healthy and looks as good as Moon says, he won't be the 4th-6th receiver, he'll be the #2 at worst.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The kid had worked his ass off to give it another try and the Bears are willing to give him that chance. Kudos to both.

I'm rooting for him, after all I'm a Bears fan, and we seem to be rooting for an underdog year after year.

White is actually healthier than Robinson, and he will obviously get his chances in TC and Pre Season because of it.

Hell, wouldn't it be great is White did enough to allow us to be cautious with Robinson in TC,preseason and even in the first few games if needed.

Salvaging value would be huge.

He has a chance with Robinson being down to establish himself in the top group.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he stays healthy and looks as good as Moon says, he won't be the 4th-6th receiver, he'll be the #2 at worst.

Right now he appears to be in the 4th-6th spot.

If he does well of course he will move up. But Moon's report is 1 rep in OTAs. It is a very long way to go before he replaces Gabriel or Miller in the top 3.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right now he appears to be in the 4th-6th spot.

If he does well of course he will move up. But Moon's report is 1 rep in OTAs. It is a very long way to go before he replaces Gabriel or Miller in the top 3.

Meh. Ive been pounding on the Gabriel drum since he signed here but if Kevin stays healthy Gabriel is on the backburner.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meh. Ive been pounding on the Gabriel drum since he signed here but if Kevin stays healthy Gabriel is on the backburner.

I am not 100% convinced that Gabriel will be that easy to replace for 2 reasons,

1. They paid him legit top 3 WR money.

2. Nagy has already said he is going to be in the Tyreek Hill role, which in this offense is very important. They use Hill to clear out defense for everyone else underneath and they move him around a ton to ensure that he can push the right defenders back. Gabriel like Hill has truly unique elite speed and my guess is they will want that on the field more often than we think.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hate to do this but I can't help it. Do you see what's wrong with this?

I do not see it.

Both have unique speed by NFL standards.

Kevin White was fast, I do not trust Moon's eye stop watch as much as others, but sub 4.3 is scary speed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do not see it.

If it was unique speed, only one person could have it. The fact that two or more people share it means it cannot be unique.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They brought in 4 pass catchers to replace him.

They may have hope, but they are being realistic this season.

They're just simply building the team and WR was a top need so he took care of it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am not 100% convinced that Gabriel will be that easy to replace for 2 reasons,

1. They paid him legit top 3 WR money.

2. Nagy has already said he is going to be in the Tyreek Hill role, which in this offense is very important. They use Hill to clear out defense for everyone else underneath and they move him around a ton to ensure that he can push the right defenders back. Gabriel like Hill has truly unique elite speed and my guess is they will want that on the field more often than we think.

More often then we think? I think we all think he's gonna be starting outside opposite AR12 so he'll be on the field quite a bit. K.White is the one that has to prove himself not T.Gabriel.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If it was unique speed, only one person could have it. The fact that two or more people share it means it cannot be unique.

Agreed. Hester had unique speed thats why nobody wanted to kick to him

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just White being able to STRETCH the field while taking a snap will open things up for NAGY and his schemes for Cohen Miller and Gabriel.....and of course ARob12

I still think the Fucker is gonna get beat up on the line of scrimmage by cornerbacks using an elbow or two into his shoulders and head

He has got to GET TOUGH and use his speed after he uses his size

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he flashes in TC/pre-season the Bears should trade him while he still has some value, and before he hurts himself again.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If he flashes in TC/pre-season the Bears should trade him while he still has some value, and before he hurts himself again.

I Believe he is making $5 mill this year, so no one will trade for him with that cap hit.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really do hope he does well from a human stand point. Nice kid, hard worker, body wasn't built to do what he wants to do.

From an analytical team centered view I do not see it happening.