Murphy now favorite at #9

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
When the Rams did take Donald, they already had an above average line, it was easily Top 10 in the NFL at that point
Exactly. What’s wrong with getting constant pressure by adding another explosive player, whatever that position on the line is. When one takes a breather, the other comes in and there is no drop off. Worked for them.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that’s every year. You always try to have a trade partner/s ready, in case the draft goes one of your many courses you mapped out. If it falls that way, they’ll receive a call. If not, they won’t.

Bears prob have like 5-6 trade partners lined up. No one knows anything at this point except caleb is going #1

msadows

Liked Posts:
Exactly. What’s wrong with getting constant pressure by adding another explosive player, whatever that position on the line is. When one takes a breather, the other comes in and there is no drop off. Worked for them.
Thats if you think the fat guy from texas is the best defensive player in the draft.

Plenty do not

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that’s every year. You always try to have a trade partner/s ready, in case the draft goes one of your many courses you mapped out. If it falls that way, they’ll receive a call. If not, they won’t.

OK? Thanks? 😂

The point was the trade partner. Saints would be perfect

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The special concern I have about trading down is that it seems to me that Poles doesn't seem to get great value in the trade downs (excluding last year's #1 overall). Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Ben Albright had it for a 2025 second and pick 150 this year. To move down 5 slots that’s very fair. Gives us even more quality picks next year and an extra this year while not going so low that there won’t be a really good player available.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I refuse to belieeve the bears are drafting a DT, and if they do i will throw glizzies at all the lions fans in detroit

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
OK? Thanks? 😂

The point was the trade partner. Saints would be perfect
I believe that too. Even the Raiders. Raiders dont really have a RB. Alexander Mattison and Zamir White are the main ones, which is nothing special. I wonder if they would listen to maybe trading Herbert as a package. Maybe net us something. I actually like Herbert as a back up, with his high YPC. But I would like to at least bring it up and see what the trade package would be. Just to know. They can easily get a RB in the draft too. But who knows.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I believe that too. Even the Raiders. Raiders dont really have a RB. Alexander Mattison and Zamir White are the main ones, which is nothing special. I wonder if they would listen to maybe trading Herbert as a package. Maybe net us something. I actually like Herbert as a back up, with his high YPC. But I would like to at least bring it up and see what the trade package would be. Just to know. They can easily get a RB in the draft too. But who knows.
You need three RBs. Just keep Herbert and use another mid round pick next year to replace him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
could always trade herbert for dogshit and draft a backup rb who plays just like him a round early at #9.

Seems like it works!

Luke

Liked Posts:
No doubt having another decent passrusher can be a DT. That'll also make Sweat more productive.

Of course a good passrushing DT is very rare. Murphy doesn't have the sacks of say one of the best all-time Aaron Donald, who had two college years with 11 sacks. Murphy's best is 5.

Love to have Murphy, but would he generate more team sacks than Turner/Verse?

Apparently, murphy played in a 3-3-5 taking on a 2 gap. Let's see what he can do consistently do in a 1 gap system, that's poles/flus call.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Murphy isn't the best DT in the draft much less worth a Top-10 pick.