Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
That's the way I see it, how about you?

Mitchapalooza

Not at all. He even said it himself on the Cutler Show, "I don't think they're gonna judge my entire contract on one game this year."

mbison

Liked Posts:
Not at all. He even said it himself on the Cutler Show, "I don't think they're gonna judge my entire contract on one game this year."

If our GM had that mindset we need to fire him. Im glad Emery is the GM and not the fans

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It'll play into it, but it wont be dependent.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Who cares if Cutler said this himself, he is not the one who decides who stays and who goes. Trestman and Emery have years of evaluation to judge Cutler.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This will be two years of Emery not making the playoffs. He is going to have to make a tough decision if this does indeed happen. Bears fans are getting impatient.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

You're right and there isn't string of games to justify a contract extension. No multiple 300 yards no multi touchdown in consecutive games nothing. Cutler has never in his career played like McCown did.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Agree, those games McCown played were better than Cutler has had his entire career as a Bear.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I actually think, if Cutler has a bad game and the Bears lose, the rift between the fanbase and Cutler will be so huge that it'll precipitate the beginning of the end for Cutler's time as a Bear.

Knowing how this fanbase is, I don't see fans or the media taking the loss in stride and being understanding.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I actually think, if Cutler has a bad game and the Bears lose, the rift between the fanbase and Cutler will be so huge that it'll precipitate the beginning of the end for Cutler's time as a Bear.

Knowing how this fanbase is, I don't see fans or the media taking the loss in stride and being understanding.

Should they though? Cutler would then be 1-9 against the Packers with many more turnovers. Even 2-8 isn't great, but people could say "hey, he finally beat the Packers, maybe this offense can do wonders."

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
said it’s not the first thing we would think about in signing players that we like. If you put a franchise tag on a player, that’s a player that you like. We like Jay. If you like a player, you want to move forward in a multi-contract year basis, not a short term.”

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If the loss is clearly on the D, I dont think the team would blame Cutler...Some of the fanbase would however...Some blame Cutler for the Eagle loss

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The fan base just wants a winner and a QB that plays big in big games. Packers defense is not great so you would think Cutler would be able to put up some points, we are all hoping.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the loss is clearly on the D, I dont think the team would blame Cutler...Some of the fanbase would however...Some blame Cutler for the Eagle loss

We know our defense will play bad. How bad is another question. However if Cutler is out there throwing pick after pick, then people are going to blame him and I think its rightfully so. If he plays well and they still lose? Well that's just Special person. Cutler didn't play well against the Eagles, but he wasn't god awful and he isn't responsible for the loss.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears defense has picked up the offense for so many years. It would be nice for a change to see Cutler pick up the defense. I just want the team to get playoff experience going into next season.