Must win for Cutler to remain a Bear

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It would be McCown and he showed no signs of being a scrub going forward. He also has less wear and tear on his body.

I prefer to look at his entire career. He's going be 35. He was a journeyman scrub his entire career and was out of football.

Regardless of what he's done this year, those bits of reality translate into bad things.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I wasnt comparing the two.

Green Bay has had defenses RANKED in the 30's (their super bowl run comes to mind) and Cutler could not figure them out. Every other team can figure them out besides us. They looked like worldbeaters facing Cutler.

Might just be that Cutler cannot beat a Dom Capers defense.

Stop overthinking it. Dom Capers just has Cutler's fucking number. Period. :)

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I prefer to look at his entire career. He's going be 35. He was a journeyman scrub his entire career and was out of football.

Regardless of what he's done this year, those bits of reality translate into bad things.
In football years, McCown is no older than Cutler. He has only played half as many games in his career.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
The front office has (hopefully) already decided what they are going to do with Cutler, whatever that may be.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
mikecwright Michael C. Wright
No. Why would it be? It's one regular-season game. RT @magic_uno @mikecwright yes or no. this is cutler's legacy game.

You guys overthink things.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
On numerous occasions, Emery has said he believes Cutler is a franchise-level quarterback, and that thought within the organization hasn't changed, which means he’s definitely in the plans for the future, provided the sides can make a deal at the conclusion of the season. -Espn Michael c wright

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
we are the 3rd in points this season... Its Jay Cutlers fault that they aren't #1 in points scored?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Stop overthinking it. Dom Capers just has Cutler's fucking number. Period. :)

Dom Capers had the number of the past offensive coordiinators. What if Tressman's playcalling and improved weapons and talent can overcome that? Can the Bears protect the QB better against Green Bay's defense?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Dom Capers had the number of the past offensive coordiinators. What if Tressman's playcalling and improved weapons and talent can overcome that? Can the Bears protect the QB better against Green Bay's defense?

They did a fair job the first time around, but that game had 2 major differences from what the next will have.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
Is it a must win for him to remain a Bear? He had his best game of the season vs the Saints and we stil lost that one.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

I might feel better about that if Jay Cutler didn't have 11 picks in 10 games this year, but he does.

Jay's big problem against GB has always been picks. Hell, he's had 5 turnovers for TDs against them.

So, whether it's scheme or player, the fact that Jay turns the ball over scares me. Against a shit defense like GB, Jay can't give them gifts.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
He's not doing enough for the D.

I really don't know what more you could ask... 3rd in points this season... Denver is in 1st and who is in 2nd place? do we really need to change anything on offense?

I don't even understand how it could come to this... We as an offense are putting up the 3rd best numbers in the league in the category that matters... POINTS!

10veitout

Liked Posts:

Green Bay has had defenses RANKED in the 30's (their super bowl run comes to mind) and Cutler could not figure them out. Every other team can figure them out besides us. They looked like worldbeaters facing Cutler.

That 2010 D was way better then anything we have had since. They were actually the highest ranked D in the NFC that year, if I recall correctly.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I really don't know what more you could ask... 3rd in points this season... Denver is in 1st and who is in 2nd place? do we really need to change anything on offense?

I don't even understand how it could come to this... We as an offense are putting up the 3rd best numbers in the league in the category that matters... POINTS!

That number is a bit of a misnomer as you look at THIS game.

We know the deal will suck.

The offense will have to put up at least 34 to win. The Bears have put up more than 30 in 6 of the 15 games they've played.

The Packers have given up 40, 36 and 38 over the last 4 weeks.

So, the points are there to be had.

Rodgers just DOESN'T turn the ball over. Cutler simply CANNOT turn the ball over if the Bears are to win.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

ANd Cutler had much worse offensive talent playing with him on those years.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Rodgers just DOESN'T turn the ball over. Cutler simply CANNOT turn the ball over if the Bears are to win.

That's it right there I think. Win the turnover battle, win the game. I doubt this game effects whether or not Jay comes back next year (I think he does). What I do think it effects, is what his $ looks like, or if he's signed long term or franchised.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yeah but he will have to come back on the Bears terms and I would not offer him top dollar. Some other team will, that's why I think no matter what Jay is getting franchised. Gives the Bears options.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I seriously think Des will blow his fucking brains out if Cutler isn't a Bear next season.

Or hunt him down in a tragic murder/suicide... "If I can't have him, no one will."