My gut feeling is this is a shitty draft class

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's great that the Bears are getting Caleb Williams and could potentially wind up with Odunze but after that this draft class is completely underwhelming.

There's not an elite pass rusher in this draft. Turner doesn't excite me and Verse and Latu are completely average as prospects at best. None of them have put a stranglehold on being the top guy and when you don't have a consensus elite guy like Anderson from last year you really don't have anything.

The defensive tackles are even worse than the edge guys.

It's probably the worst CB draft in years.

Safety?

Bad year to be a running back or a linebacker.

Bowers is an undersized TE.

OT leaves a lot to be desired.

All of the hype from this draft has come from the QBs and the WRs.

If the Bears can't get Odunze or Nabers their best bet would be to trade out or try and trade for someone because the talent outside of the top-10 is one entire predictable lump of mediocrity.

There's just no one I'm excited about.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gut feeling or what you have compiled listening to the media.

Good thing the Bears only have 4 picks; you don’t have to worry about it. Enjoy the top 10 and sit back, relax, and watch sone Montez Sweat and Keenan Allen highlights and dream of the Bears with a franchise QB.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Good thing the Bears only have 4 picks; you don’t have to worry about it. Enjoy the top 10 and sit back, relax, and watch sone Montez Sweat and Keenan Allen highlights and dream of the Bears with a franchise QB.
The media seems pretty stoked about the talent in this class. They definitely have overrated the edge guys.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tell that to Poles. I think he disagrees.

He's going to surprise on draft day.

There is really good talent in this draft. It's up to the good to great GMs to identify it.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
It's great that the Bears are getting Caleb Williams and could potentially wind up with Odunze but after that this draft class is completely underwhelming.

There's not an elite pass rusher in this draft. Turner doesn't excite me and Verse and Latu are completely average as prospects at best. None of them have put a stranglehold on being the top guy and when you don't have a consensus elite guy like Anderson from last year you really don't have anything.

The defensive tackles are even worse than the edge guys.

It's probably the worst CB draft in years.

Safety?

Bad year to be a running back or a linebacker.

Bowers is an undersized TE.

OT leaves a lot to be desired.

All of the hype from this draft has come from the QBs and the WRs.

If the Bears can't get Odunze or Nabers their best bet would be to trade out or try and trade for someone because the talent outside of the top-10 is one entire predictable lump of mediocrity.

There's just no one I'm excited about.
Oh well then. It is what it is. It’s not like we can roll over our picks for next year. We still gotta pick someone regardless if you are excited or not.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is this the same gut that brought the Charles Leno takes, trubisky takes, mustipher takes, etc etc, or have you gone on the keto diet? I’ve also heard good things about paleo.

This is one of the deepest OT classes in recent draft history. Some of those positions are not great—S, RB—but OT, WR and QB are far from not being good. His take is laughable.

mecha

Liked Posts:

real talk, are you seriously going to change your name for an 8th time when Williams is drafted?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

This is one of the deepest OT classes in recent draft history. Some of those positions are not great—S, RB—but OT, WR and QB are far from not being good. His take is laughable.
Thank you for posting this because it made my point even more clear. PFF has the guy from Penn State the guy everyone on the board is clamoring for at 9 as the fourth best offensive tackle on the board.

It also has the other two top offensive tackles listed as possible guard or center prospects in the NFL.

If they're talking about two of the top prospects in this class as interior prospects that doesn't make the case that this is a deep offensive tackle class.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It’s pretty well documented that this draft class isn’t deep but certainly not weak. The supposed drop off is after round 4 which fits nicely with how Poles is positioned.

Also, the Bears currently have 9 picks in 2025 which appears to be a deeper draft but who knows this far out.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This guy thinks Bowers is meh because of a pic taken with Gronk.
From Randy Mueller of the Athletic and the former GM of the Saints and Dolphins…

10. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

In an ideal world, considering a tight end in the top 10 might sound absurd inside an NFL building. Fans are often for it, but normally the value isn’t there for NFL decision-makers. It’s just the nature of the position. “The greatest tight end is still a tight end,” some say, with limited impact on a game, and to use a first-round pick on one isn’t always great value.

But if these two boxes can be checked, it’s worth considering: (1) Can he get open on his own without having to be schemed open? (2) Can he, at the same time, be an asset to the running game?

Bowers can do both, and his selection this high would be anything but absurd. He is a productive option on third downs from a matchup standpoint and in the red zone versus man and zone coverage. He has a great feel for spatial awareness and finding soft spots (Travis Kelcemight be the best at this ever) and for that reason can act as a third WR and chain-mover for any offense.”

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thank you for posting this because it made my point even more clear. PFF has the guy from Penn State the guy everyone on the board is clamoring for at 9 as the fourth best offensive tackle on the board.

It also has the other two top offensive tackles listed as possible guard or center prospects in the NFL.

If they're talking about two of the top prospects in this class as interior prospects that doesn't make the case that this is a deep offensive tackle class.
Regardless it’s still a very deep draft. Again you are pulling shit out of your ass. 10 OT’s are likely to be gone in the first 2 rounds. Some positions in this draft are meh while others are fucking stacked. It’s almost as if this happens every year!