My gut feeling is this is a shitty draft class

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Dumb thread, dumb OP

OP has suffered a traumatic brain injury. Or just went heroic dosage of paint huffing.

Bowers is undersized? He's the same height as Antonio Gates, 5 lbs lighter than Gates was listed coming into the NFL. He'd probably pass on the latter though. Size queens gonna size queen and not look at what a player is.

OT leaves a lot to be desired? That must be why there are 5 projected 1st rounders at the position, not including guys like Graham Barton or Cooper Beebe, who both have played OT in college, but are prognosticated to be IOL.

All the hype from idiot fans and media pundits is about WR and QB. The game is not won or lost in the secondary, but apparently trading up for a WR3 to get 300-400 yards receiving is more important than fixing a bottom 10 OL or a DL who has only one guy who can get home.

Worst CB draft in years? The bears need a CB now?

There's nobody OP is excited about? He should join shytestain at the dunce's table. He'll fit right in.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
From Randy Mueller of the Athletic and the former GM of the Saints and Dolphins…

10. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

In an ideal world, considering a tight end in the top 10 might sound absurd inside an NFL building. Fans are often for it, but normally the value isn’t there for NFL decision-makers. It’s just the nature of the position. “The greatest tight end is still a tight end,” some say, with limited impact on a game, and to use a first-round pick on one isn’t always great value.

But if these two boxes can be checked, it’s worth considering: (1) Can he get open on his own without having to be schemed open? (2) Can he, at the same time, be an asset to the running game?

Bowers can do both, and his selection this high would be anything but absurd. He is a productive option on third downs from a matchup standpoint and in the red zone versus man and zone coverage. He has a great feel for spatial awareness and finding soft spots (Travis Kelcemight be the best at this ever) and for that reason can act as a third WR and chain-mover for any offense.”
Kelce is one inch taller and 10 lbs heavier though!!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It's great that the Bears are getting Caleb Williams and could potentially wind up with Odunze but after that this draft class is completely underwhelming.

There's not an elite pass rusher in this draft. Turner doesn't excite me and Verse and Latu are completely average as prospects at best. None of them have put a stranglehold on being the top guy and when you don't have a consensus elite guy like Anderson from last year you really don't have anything.

The defensive tackles are even worse than the edge guys.

It's probably the worst CB draft in years.

Safety?

Bad year to be a running back or a linebacker.

Bowers is an undersized TE.

OT leaves a lot to be desired.

All of the hype from this draft has come from the QBs and the WRs.

If the Bears can't get Odunze or Nabers their best bet would be to trade out or try and trade for someone because the talent outside of the top-10 is one entire predictable lump of mediocrity.

There's just no one I'm excited about.
Yes, there's no elite pass rusher, which is why no one is going to be drafted right at the top like Will Anderson last year. They'll start coming off the board toward the end of the top 10 or after, which is in line with their standing as prospects.

The second corner last year was taken 16th overall. 3rd was 17th. That was it in the first round. This year, you've got 5 guys that figure to be likely first round picks, just none of them figure to go in the top 10.

Lastly, it's one of the deepest drafts in years for tackle. There's a bevy of them that'll go in the first round, so i'm not sure how you get to that.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Regardless it’s still a very deep draft. Again you are pulling shit out of your ass. 10 OT’s are likely to be gone in the first 2 rounds. Some positions in this draft are meh while others are fucking stacked. It’s almost as if this happens every year!
Lol Do you even hear yourself?

Just because there are players that are going to be drafted doesn't mean those players are any good.

It's the NFL Draft guys are GOING to be drafted that's the entire. The question is whether the guys drafted will be any good. All you've said thus far is the best players in this draft are going to be drafted first...... Duh.

Maybe try a little reflection about whether these players are actually any good.

Not at all surprised that you're the one most triggered by this I fully expected you to have the biggest reaction and here we are.

Let's try this again tell me why the players in this draft are better than players from previous drafts. Please show me how and why the overall talent coming out of college is better or as good. Please make an argument that the overall talent level in college football isn't worse and getting worse by the year.

Here I'll start to make my case Screenshot_20240416-075835.png

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol Do you even hear yourself?

Just because there are players that are going to be drafted doesn't mean those players are any good.

It's the NFL Draft guys are GOING to be drafted that's the entire. The question is whether the guys drafted will be any good. All you've said thus far is the best players in this draft are going to be drafted first...... Duh.

Maybe try a little reflection about whether these players are actually any good.

Not at all surprised that you're the one most triggered by this I fully expected you to have the biggest reaction and here we are.

Let's try this again tell me why the players in this draft are better than players from previous drafts. Please show me how and why the overall talent coming out of college is better or as good. Please make an argument that the overall talent level in college football isn't worse and getting worse by the year.

Here I'll start to make my case View attachment 37550

I've seen enough. Cancel the draft, fatboi thinks these guys are all going to be bagging groceries.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
aiyuk and higgins want 20 plus a year. moore/allen and that WR would take up how much of the cap?

just stupid
Allen comes of the books after 2024..... Do you want to extend a 33 year old WR asking for the money he is? Do you think it would be more economical to trade for another young WR who is headed towards the prime of his career versus the back end of his career like Allen is?

If Odunze is gone do you really want to invest in Ola the offensive tackle from Penn State who is the 4th best OT on the PFF big board?

My guess is you want to draft one of these below average edge rushers in the Top-10?

Maybe instead of just reacting to something that I post that you disagree with you can actually think about the point I've made.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sadly, this is his point. They are going to be drafted; therefore they will all be busts.
No my point is the overall talent level coming out of college football is getting worse.

Now let's see if you can counter my point without a personal insult.

I know you can't but should definitely try. But I triggered you in your happy place so you aren't able to function.

This is how the anger towards me about Justin Fields started just like this.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No my point is the overall talent level coming out of college football is getting worse.

I know you can't but should definitely try. But I triggered you in your happy place so you aren't able to function.

I didn’t even insult you lol.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Let's try this again; tell me why the players in this draft are better that, or as good as players from previous drafts. [Edited for brevity]

Here I'll start to make my case View attachment 37550
Jesus you spend a lot of time on your preamble. This is the point of your post; I recommend sticking to more direct responses while you improve as a writer.

You didn't set out an argument - you posted a screenshot that does not show what you are arguing at all, and you do not connect it to a relevant point. We can not tell if this is a college stat, nor an NFL stat. It does not break out how QBR is calculated in a way that supports your point. Further, you have to support you own argument before someone else can attempt to counter it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OP has suffered a traumatic brain injury. Or just went heroic dosage of paint huffing.

Bowers is undersized? He's the same height as Antonio Gates, 5 lbs lighter than Gates was listed coming into the NFL. He'd probably pass on the latter though. Size queens gonna size queen and not look at what a player is.

OT leaves a lot to be desired? That must be why there are 5 projected 1st rounders at the position, not including guys like Graham Barton or Cooper Beebe, who both have played OT in college, but are prognosticated to be IOL.

All the hype from idiot fans and media pundits is about WR and QB. The game is not won or lost in the secondary, but apparently trading up for a WR3 to get 300-400 yards receiving is more important than fixing a bottom 10 OL or a DL who has only one guy who can get home.

Worst CB draft in years? The bears need a CB now?

There's nobody OP is excited about? He should join shytestain at the dunce's table. He'll fit right in.
Bowers will likely also take on the H-back roll. Too tall can be more problematic there.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

You didn't make a point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed. DT is terrible all around.
I really don't think DT is that bad. I don't think there's a blue chip DT on paper but do think there's a few that can become close to that and maybe even become blue chip players on the right team and in the right system.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really don't think DT is that bad. I don't think there's a blue chip DT on paper but do think there's a few that can become close to that and maybe even become blue chip players on the right team and in the right system.
Oh my God why were you so calm and reasonable in your response?

Shouldn't you be flipping out like the rest of the posters?