My gut feeling is this is a shitty draft class

msadows

Liked Posts:
There will be very good to great edge rushers and d linemen who come out of this draft (and receivers & o linemen), so I never really buy the weak class/strong class stuff. But I understand where you’re coming from.

I dont. One of the weaker QB classes in recent memory netted the potential GOAT, while one of the strongest QB classes in recent memory netted a buncha busts and trevor lawrence who aint to far from a bust himself

I prefer to let the guys play before you determine what they will be in the NFL

Canth

Liked Posts:
Allen comes of the books after 2024..... Do you want to extend a 33 year old WR asking for the money he is? Do you think it would be more economical to trade for another young WR who is headed towards the prime of his career versus the back end of his career like Allen is?

If Odunze is gone do you really want to invest in Ola the offensive tackle from Penn State who is the 4th best OT on the PFF big board?

My guess is you want to draft one of these below average edge rushers in the Top-10?

Maybe instead of just reacting to something that I post that you disagree with you can actually think about the point I've made.

I will not be surprised at all if they give Keenen Allen a small extension - something in the 1-2 year range or maybe 2 years with only guarantees for 1 year.

If the top 3 WR are gone and Alt is gone, I hope they find a trade partner to trade back a bit to get value to line up better to needs.

Liked Posts:
The media seems pretty stoked about the talent in this class. They definitely have overrated the edge guys.
I've been hoping that they'll do what they can to get 2-3 good offensive players with their first 3 picks. Even if they feel the need to use their 4th round pick to move up in round 3.

After that, sign a crop of UDFAs to weed through then at some point in the regular season try to swing one of their second round picks and late round change for another DE before the deadline.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

This is one of the deepest OT classes in recent draft history. Some of those positions are not great—S, RB—but OT, WR and QB are far from not being good. His take is laughable.
Was just gonna say this. It's a great year to need an OT, unfortunately CHI invested in one in last year's draft, which seemed like a bad year for OT talent lol.

This year it's great.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Its pretty much universally agreed by "experts" that this draft is loaded in the top 15 with talent, and after the 4th round takes a massive nosedive.

Makes sense, because of NIL money and the transfer portal plenty of draft eligible players will decide to stick around in college for another year.,
that doesn't make sense actually. The big NIL money goes to the really good players in college. The NIL money is keeping underclassmen in college for another year. But yeah, maybe it has an impact.

Also, saying that the talent after the 4th round takes a nosedive is really no different than most drafts. You are talking a bout 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders lol. These are flyer type prospects. By definition, the talent nosedives or else they wouldn't be 5th rounders.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
There will be very good to great edge rushers and d linemen who come out of this draft (and receivers & o linemen), so I never really buy the weak class/strong class stuff. But I understand where you’re coming from.
This 1000%. It's like every other draft. You can't rate it until well after.

This whole myth about it not being deep is really silly.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh my God why were you so calm and reasonable in your response?

Shouldn't you be flipping out like the rest of the posters?
He’s the poster that called everyone cock suckers because they didn’t like his mock draft and he types a lot without saying anything of substance.

It’s nonstop qualifier bullshit year after year. I think this could happen if this thing happens in the right situation. Deeeerrp *fart noises*

but this thread is gold. Another Brett college prospect evaluation to bump when you’re on your 5th username because you have to constantly burry your opinions in the past.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He’s the poster that called everyone cock suckers because they didn’t like his mock draft and he types a lot without saying anything of substance.

It’s nonstop qualifier bullshit year after year. I think this could happen if this thing happens in the right situation. Deeeerrp *fart noises*

but this thread is gold. Another Brett college prospect evaluation to bump when you’re on your 5th username because you have to constantly burry your opinions in the past.
I didn't do a mock draft and I don't do mock drafts. Please stop confusing me with other posters.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I didn't do a mock draft and I don't do mock drafts. Please stop confusing me with other posters.
Looks like the oxygen isn’t getting to your brain again. Call your cardiologist and tell him it’s time for another angioplasty because the fudgey the whale cake is stuck in your arteries.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Trade for an established player fuck nut. Like trade for Tee Higgins or Brandon Aiyuk for starters.
I was obviously highlighting your statement about trading out of the TOP 10 yet you say that after the “top-10 is one entire predictable lump of mediocrity.”

I shouldn’t have to point that out and quit the internet tough guy talk.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I agree that this draft, in general is underwhelming, though I might be a tad more optimistic than you. I'm a little higher on the top 3 edge guys and also think OL will probably be the best value outside of the top 10. Outside of that though, I like a few players here and there at a few different positions, but overall, not impressed with talent at any one position.

I know its crazy on paper, but I honestly wouldn't mind using our 3rd or 4th rd pick to move up from #9 to help us secure a blue-chip prospect. Better to me to get that high end prospect to partner with Caleb, than sit back and settle for whoever drops to us. The table scraps in the 3rd and 4th rd aren't looking that appealing.