My gut feeling is this is a shitty draft class

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont. One of the weaker QB classes in recent memory netted the potential GOAT, while one of the strongest QB classes in recent memory netted a buncha busts and trevor lawrence who aint to far from a bust himself

I prefer to let the guys play before you determine what they will be in the NFL
Completely agree. I mean what you see in college is all you got to go by....but the fact of the matter is that 90% of the players they are competing against are not NFL quality. It's why I'm skeptical about CW. I mean sure, they could have gotten a ton for the pick....but who's to say the guys they take with those picks don't turn into busts. It's all a crap shoot.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's great that the Bears are getting Caleb Williams and could potentially wind up with Odunze but after that this draft class is completely underwhelming.

There's not an elite pass rusher in this draft. Turner doesn't excite me and Verse and Latu are completely average as prospects at best. None of them have put a stranglehold on being the top guy and when you don't have a consensus elite guy like Anderson from last year you really don't have anything.

The defensive tackles are even worse than the edge guys.

It's probably the worst CB draft in years.

Safety?

Bad year to be a running back or a linebacker.

Bowers is an undersized TE.

OT leaves a lot to be desired.

All of the hype from this draft has come from the QBs and the WRs.

If the Bears can't get Odunze or Nabers their best bet would be to trade out or try and trade for someone because the talent outside of the top-10 is one entire predictable lump of mediocrity.

There's just no one I'm excited about.
What are your scouting credentials?

I know you won't answer, so I'll just speculate that you have zero idea of what you're talking about.

Too bad that gut feeling isn't Crohn's.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thank you for posting this because it made my point even more clear. PFF has the guy from Penn State the guy everyone on the board is clamoring for at 9 as the fourth best offensive tackle on the board.

It also has the other two top offensive tackles listed as possible guard or center prospects in the NFL.

If they're talking about two of the top prospects in this class as interior prospects that doesn't make the case that this is a deep offensive tackle class.
Please link to all of these posts that have people clamoring for Olu at 9?

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You literally took a screenshot of PFF and circled tidbits of scouting profiles in response to a request to provide reasoning for why the OL class is bad.

How did you already forget this?
My opinion is my own. I don't need PFF to create my opinion for me. I said what I said and then it was allegedly countered by someone else with his pff article.

I know you're not capable of formulating an opinion outside of what other people give you likes for. But I'm fully capable of creating my own opinion outside of the draft narrative.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What are your scouting credentials?

I know you won't answer, so I'll just speculate that you have zero idea of what you're talking about.

Too bad that gut feeling isn't Crohn's.
90 percent of the people you agree with have the same level of "scouting credentials" as I do.

You've just been suckered into believing they're experts.

Some of the experts had Chase Claypool playing well in training camp last year. Some of the experts had Justin Fields being worth a first round pick in trade.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
90 percent of the people you agree with have the same level of "scouting credentials" as I do.

You've just been suckered into believing they're experts.

Some of the experts had Chase Claypool playing well in training camp last year. Some of the experts had Justin Fields being worth a first round pick in trade.
I don't believe anyone is an expert on football.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You were one of the folks that thought the Bears were going to keep Justin Fields and then when it became obvious they weren't you believed they'd get minimally a second round pick for him. Why are you still here?
If people left after they were wrong on something you wouldn’t still be here. You are a shit take machine. Just fucking stop.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You were one of the folks that thought the Bears were going to keep Justin Fields and then when it became obvious they weren't you believed they'd get minimally a second round pick for him. Why are you still here?
Beyond the fact that people are allowed to change their opinions when new evidence presents itself can you please link me to one post where any of this came from me?

For the record, I do not remember ever saying the Bears were going to do x or y. I do remember saying that I hoped Justin Fields made the decision to keep him easy - which he probably ultimately did.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
My opinion is my own. I don't need PFF to create my opinion for me. I said what I said and then it was allegedly countered by someone else with his pff article.

I know you're not capable of formulating an opinion outside of what other people give you likes for. But I'm fully capable of creating my own opinion outside of the draft narrative.
At this point you’re literally terrified to share an opinion because all of your other opinions are generally wrong.

I asked you to share a single thought on why this draft class for OT is bad or worse than last years and you shared a PFF image.

If you’re so brave or good at evaluating football then just share your take and bump it when it’s correct.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point you’re literally terrified to share an opinion because all of your other opinions are generally wrong.

I asked you to share a single thought on why this draft class for OT is bad or worse than last years and you shared a PFF image.

If you’re so brave or good at evaluating football then just share your take and bump it when it’s correct.
The very first thing in this I shared was an opinion. I don't think the offensive tackle class is good.

It's definitely not as good as last year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Don't forget that years ago he made some bet about J'Marcus Webb and that if he lost he'd go away forever.

Well, he lost. He's not a man of his word.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The very first thing in this I shared was an opinion. I don't think the offensive tackle class is good.

It's definitely not as good as last year.
Yes and I simply asked you to elaborate slightly more specifically. Are you scared to name names or what? I legitimately don’t get it.

Joe alt, fashanu, fuaga, fautanu (possibly interior), Latham, mims, guyton, Morgan.

Last year had - Paris Johnson, Darnell wright, skoronski (interior lineman), Broderick jones, Anton Harrison, dawand jones.

Ffs the most highly regarded tackle of last year was projected as an interior lineman but somehow this years class looks worse?

Not only are there more highly regarded tackles this year compared to last but the interior OL are also better.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes and I simply asked you to elaborate slightly more specifically. Are you scared to name names or what? I legitimately don’t get it.

Joe alt, fashanu, fuaga, fautanu (possibly interior), Latham, mims, guyton, Morgan.

Last year had - Paris Johnson, Darnell wright, skoronski (interior lineman), Broderick jones, Anton Harrison, dawand jones.

Ffs the most highly regarded tackle of last year was projected as an interior lineman but somehow this years class looks worse?

You truly can't be this dumb. Oh wait yes you can be. Skoronski was the third OT taken. Just because fan Bois of his had him as the best OT since Orlando Pace doesn't mean he was the best offensive tackle in the draft.

Fantastic technician massively under sized. Better than any of the guys from this year but Alt.