Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy has no idea how to keep a defense off balance...that and weird personnel selections for plays...

My two biggest gripes
End of halves management.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My biggest fear is that Justin Fields does a "Mike McCarthy" to Matt Nagy, making him look good enough to get this team almost to where we all want it to be and wastes 8 yrs of Fields' career.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
My biggest fear is Justin Fields Mike McCarthys Matt Nagy, making him lookgood enough to get this team almost to where we all want it to be and wastes 8 yrs of Fields' career.

my biggest fear is having my penis fall off, but to each his own

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
People learn from mistakes, Nagy has made plenty.

If Nagy does not learn to change we may see inhibited growth with Fields and/or inability to reach full potential

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think you could be partially right. The QB forced Nagy to look at alternate plays that did not include Trubisky. However, in that scenario he ignored the fact that the situation (being on the goal line) did not call for a sweep.

In addition to running a sweep he had a tendency to run it to the short side with Graham as the lead blocker..... Sorry but Nagy had too many better alternatives, and that is 100% on him.

Trubisky limited Nagy in the passing game, but Nagy was still responsible for the run game and personnel/situational awareness.
If you don’t have any semblance of a passing threat, defenses aren’t going to respect the run. And with our OzL woes, we couldn’t run well anyway. No way we could just line up and beat the guys across the LOS. Short yardage was our worst because of our players. Nagy had to try to find inventive ways to get around those limitations.

Nagy has a LOT to prove still. But there’s a lot people hold against him that there wasn’t anything he could do about.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see a lot of excuses for Nagy. People were pretty confident when Foles came here that we would see Nagy get a better offense....it got worse.

The offense with Lazor and Trubisky was night and day with Nagy and Foles.....the excuse here is that Trubisky and Lazor were playing JV teams and Nagy got all the hard teams...poor Nagy.....

Lets say the world completely conspired against Nagy's greatness and the teams he coached against all had super serum soldiers on the defense...

This doesn't explain the mismanagement of the clock, horrible personnel decisions for plays, and his rigidness against utilizing game flow.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
People learn from mistakes, Nagy has made plenty.

If Nagy does not learn to change we may see inhibited growth with Fields and/or inability to reach full potential

Well, no matter what side of the fence we're on one thing is for sure: Nagy is going to (finally) have to pull his weight and do what he was brought here to do. Or he's going to get fired.

No more blaming the RB, or the QB, or the OC, or the OL coach. No more "he just needs more time". 4 years and every mix of coaching and personnel on that side of the ball is enough time to tell if the guy can do the job.

Just an aside, but remember when we thought Jordan Howard wasn't getting enough carries, and there was that Nagy clip saying "Im gonna get you going I promise!". Then they let JH go and it was written off that Nagy just needs HIS type of RB for his system? Then they draft Montgomery and we still have the same issues?

Year right the OL sucks.. it did, but it's also the scheme and the idiot play caller. It's systemic. Who claims he's NOT an idiot and that he knows we need to run the ball.. but then also doesn't run the ball enough and has said that he wasn't brought here to run the I formation?

These are not projections or made up issues these are facts folks. THIS is our HC/OC. Time to prove it or lose it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, no matter what side of the fence we're on one thing is for sure: Nagy is going to (finally) have to pull his weight and do what he was brought here to do. Or he's going to get fired.

No more blaming the RB, or the QB, or the OC, or the OL coach. No more "he just needs more time". 4 years and every mix of coaching and personnel on that side of the ball is enough time to tell if the guy can do the job.

Just an aside, but remember when we thought Jordan Howard wasn't getting enough carries, and there was that Nagy clip saying "Im gonna get you going I promise!". Then they let JH go and it was written off that Nagy just needs HIS type of RB for his system? Then they draft Montgomery and we still have the same issues?

Year right the OL sucks.. it did, but it's also the scheme and the idiot play caller. It's systemic. Who claims he's NOT an idiot and that he knows we need to run the ball.. but then also doesn't run the ball enough and has said that he wasn't brought here to run the I formation?

These are not projections or made up issues these are facts folks. THIS is our HC/OC. Time to prove it or lose it.
Regardless of Nagy's shortcommings if Fields succeeds and the Bears get better he'll have more time.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Nagy was well above .500 with bottom 5 level QB's. GRanted, lots of those wins were defensive but I think we can't properly judge Nagy until he gets something resembling a legit QB in.

I think if Dalton starts and he looks like a top 15-20 QB then I think that looks positive for Nagy. ANd if Fields looks to be a top 10 QB out of the box, then that looks good on NAgy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Against worse teams for a small stretch.
When I saw Lazor call plays, I saw him playing to Trubisky's strengths (throwing on the move, half-field 2 progression reads, potential scramble threats) and away from team weaknesses (Poor OL pocket protection, full field progressions).

Imagine if that kind of playcalling happened day one and they worked on it from year to year, instead of just a few weeks during one season.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
R

These are not projections or made up issues these are facts folks. THIS is our HC/OC. Time to prove it or lose it.R

Rushing attempts are heavily dictated by game situations. If your team is constantly in the lead rushing attempts will go up, and if they are constantly behind they will go down.

In 2018 when we were constantly leading we were ranked 7th in attempts. This was the year where we seemed to dominate from the get go and were able to run a lot.

IN 2019 we were ranked 20th. and 2020 ranked 26th. These years we were constantly behind and had to constantly pass to get scores quickly.

I imagine we will see similar results to 2018 if we get out to early leads.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

The running game wasn’t better with Monty???

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When I saw Lazor call plays, I saw him playing to Trubisky's strengths (throwing on the move, half-field 2 progression reads, potential scramble threats) and away from team weaknesses (Poor OL pocket protection, full field progressions).

Imagine if that kind of playcalling happened day one and they worked on it from year to year, instead of just a few weeks during one season.
I didn't have to imagine. The Bears got paddled by the better teams down the last leg.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
R

Rushing attempts are heavily dictated by game situations. If your team is constantly in the lead rushing attempts will go up, and if they are constantly behind they will go down.

In 2018 when we were constantly leading we were ranked 7th in attempts. This was the year where we seemed to dominate from the get go and were able to run a lot.

IN 2019 we were ranked 20th. and 2020 ranked 26th. These years we were constantly behind and had to constantly pass to get scores quickly.

I imagine we will see similar results to 2018 if we get out to early leads.
Usually. But as most fans that have seen this team play, and seen how Nagy actually calls plays game to game.... you know he's not doing it right. Stats don't tell the full story.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
3rd and goal jet sweep to a tight end. Fuck Nagy and his stupid play calling. JF is going to elevate this entire team; Nagy's being smart and adjusting TO him.
So I wasn't the only one who was baffled by that play call. Man that was bad. Hopefully he throws that play (and similar ones) out altogether. Simplicity. Simplicity. Simplicity. It's better to have 50 good plays than 300 mediocre ones.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
The running game wasn’t better with Monty???
It was. But we could have still used him more. Nagy has gone away from the run at inexplicable times. And has been known to do wacky things like hand the ball to Patterson on 3 and short or to a TE on the goal line instead of using our stud RB.

If its not wacky play calling, its wacky personnel packages.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care if Kermit the frog is coaching as long as Fields succeeds.