My hope for Nagy...

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy is a better HC than he is an OC....i'll just leave it at that.

Wouldn't a good head coach fire his OC if he performed like Nagy?

Edit: nm, you said he's a "better" hc, not a good hc. I agree

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For me the cold hard reality is this:

Matt Nagy certainly isn't without flaw.

But he isn't as bad as some fans say either.

Fields was his guy.

I am willing to let Fields be the referendum on Nagy.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If you don’t have any semblance of a passing threat, defenses aren’t going to respect the run. And with our OzL woes, we couldn’t run well anyway. No way we could just line up and beat the guys across the LOS. Short yardage was our worst because of our players. Nagy had to try to find inventive ways to get around those limitations.

Nagy has a LOT to prove still. But there’s a lot people hold against him that there wasn’t anything he could do about.
It would not surprise me if something changed dramatically this year, and we all realized it WAS Trubisky and the weak O-line.

Maybe just maybe, getting Jenkins and playing him at LT, having a healthy Daniels, let Mustipher continue to get them all lined up correctly, and let Ifedi start where he left off at RT. I think Andy is a better passer than Trubisky, but he is never going to beat you over the top any longer, and Justin is a rookie that should not be asked to be a superstar.

All of this leads back to trying to get a running game going, but Nagy has a tendency to abandon the run too quickly, so he is going to have to mature and be patient.