Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ignore the draft position or the idea that the Pats are especially good with their 1st picks.
He's what you'd want Javon Wims to be.

Last edited:

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Ultimately, he doesn't fit--unless he's replacing Wims as the depth big bodied WR (IMO Wims and Miller should have been gone after the Saints game debacle when they showed they couldn't follow instructions not to engage with CJGJ)--which BB probably isn't going for/probably gets 5th rounder for from someone else desperately in need.

But hey--if he gets cut and bears sign only to cut Wims--I'm in.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
There's no reason to trade anything for Harry. He's been absolutely useless in the NFL. I doubt anybody trades for him. He will be out of the league soon. Also the idea of trading Miller and picks for him is dumb. As much as I dislike Miller, he has been unquestionably much better in the NFL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I read that Harry was about to get cut and requested a trade, caught me some lovely case of meathead, and was like, we really need to sign him.

Now, hear me out. I watched him play a lot in college and really liked him. I told all my friends BB did it again, fleeced the league, and the rich got richer. I don’t know if it was injuries + Newton = pool jumping level failure or what, but I just can’t get how good he was in college out of my head.

Yeah, I know. Key words being “in college”. So, maybe he’s just not that good. True that, but maybe he is.

Who is the big wr behind AR212? Wims might sneak onto the roster because of the type he is and his st play. Fuck him. Straight up. Fuck that guy. At the end of the day, throw the Patriots a conditional 6th and Wims. Why not?
That's one of the 3 trades suggested in this article.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Miller could definitely have a decent season, but it would be because a change of scenery. He just isn't going to put it together here

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Ultimately, he doesn't fit--unless he's replacing Wims as the depth big bodied WR (IMO Wims and Miller should have been gone after the Saints game debacle when they showed they couldn't follow instructions not to engage with CJGJ)--which BB probably isn't going for/probably gets 5th rounder for from someone else desperately in need.

But hey--if he gets cut and bears sign only to cut Wims--I'm in.
I am good if it is a straight up trade, him for Wims.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Seems like the type of guy you take a vet min flyer on when his rookie contract expires and no one offers him anything better.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I am good if it is a straight up trade, him for Wims.
Same here, but I can't imagine BB would want Wims or Anthony Miller.

BB's far more discipline-oriented than Nagy's hands-off, 'club dub' approach. Wims/Miller aren't uber-talented enough to be the kind of guy who teams/coaches put up with a headache, that--and the big reason Harry wants out is that New England's WR room is packed going into training camp.

If you're New England--aren't you looking for a draft pick/depth somewhere else that isn't the same position in return before an outright release is the last option?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

BB's far more discipline-oriented than Nagy's hands-off, 'club dub' approach. Wims/Miller aren't uber-talented enough to be the kind of guy who teams/coaches put up with a headache, that--and the big reason Harry wants out is that New England's WR room is packed going into training camp.

If you're New England--aren't you looking for a draft pick/depth somewhere else that isn't the same position in return before an outright release is the last option?
New England's WR room is packed? Their best wrs are Nelson agholor, jacoby meyers, and Kendrick Bourne. If he's worried about PT with that group, then he isn't making it anywhere. They absolutely need more talent at WR, they probably have the worst group in the league

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

BuT wImS cAn BlOcK

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
New England's WR room is packed? Their best wrs are Nelson agholor, jacoby meyers, and Kendrick Bourne. If he's worried about PT with that group, then he isn't making it anywhere. They absolutely need more talent at WR, they probably have the worst group in the league
His agent--who made the trade request public--literally says playing time/opportunity is the big issue.

We can LOL at Nelson Agholor, Meyers, and Bourne together, but when a 1st round pick who had a year cut by injuries followed by a 2nd season where he played double the games and had over double the targets of his 1st season--is fighting for the #4 or #5 receiver spot on a team...

Feel free to pick a word besides 'packed' to satiate your palate.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who can remember Aaron Dobson, a second-round pick in 2013? More accurately, can anyone remember Aaron Dobson? Then there was Taylor Price, a third-round pick in 2010.

Brandon Tate, a third-rounder in 2009, was cut after two seasons. Second-rounder Chad Jackson became a bust as the 36th overall pick in the draft.

Other than Deion Branch, a second-round pick in 2002 who became a Super Bowl MVP, the Patriots have struggled to find competent, productive, consistent receivers in the first three rounds of the draft.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Who can remember Aaron Dobson, a second-round pick in 2013? More accurately, can anyone remember Aaron Dobson? Then there was Taylor Price, a third-round pick in 2010.

Brandon Tate, a third-rounder in 2009, was cut after two seasons. Second-rounder Chad Jackson became a bust as the 36th overall pick in the draft.

Other than Deion Branch, a second-round pick in 2002 who became a Super Bowl MVP, the Patriots have struggled to find competent, productive, consistent receivers in the first three rounds of the draft.
In recent years it seems Pats just have not been able to draft this position, look at some of the WR's they passed on to take Harry............AJ Brown, Metcalf, Samuel. So why in the hell would anyone think Harry has any future in the NFL.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well... if you are Ryan Pace you are trading draft assets

I love the deliberate ignorance misreading the intent of posts on this board.

Pace actually hasn’t traded draft capital in situations like this. He’s aggressive moving on draft day. He was aggressive trading for a top pass rusher.

There’s criticism of his draft capital management to be made but this isn’t it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the deliberate ignorance misreading the intent of posts on this board.

Pace actually hasn’t traded draft capital in situations like this. He’s aggressive moving on draft day. He was aggressive trading for a top pass rusher.

There’s criticism of his draft capital management to be made but this isn’t it.
Nick Foles agrees. Does it matter if it’s draft day or not? No.