N’Keal Harry requests trade

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you look at these games objectively, which most of you can’t, you’ll see the super bowl seasons where the offense was off the rails good are the ones they lost.

the Super Bowls they won, were more balanced featuring either Antione Smith , Corey Dillon and/or a top ranked defense ALONG with the goat. The outlier is 2014 which was all Brady.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The Pats success wasn’t just Brady at QB. It was many FAs willing to go to them on contracts for less than market value for the chance to win a championship there. Without Brady, those FAs aren’t going to flock to NE any time soon again. They aren’t going just to play for Belichek.

But I guarantee they will want to play for Tampa now…lol

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The Pats success wasn’t just Brady at QB. It was many FAs willing to go to them on contracts for less than market value for the chance to win a championship there. Without Brady, those FAs aren’t going to flock to NE any time soon again. They aren’t going just to play for Belichek.

But I guarantee they will want to play for Tampa now…lol
I'd love more details of these big name free agents that flocked there. From what I remember they had players like Seymour, wilfork, Edelman, gronk, mostly self made olines that were dominant, Troy Brown, deion branch, Hightower, mccourty, law, Vrabel, bruschi, butler,Chung. Welker and Seau are a couple guys, but all teams sign free agents. The super bowl teams often were not made up of big FA acquisitions.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is it BB's players are much better on the Patriots and not on other teams when they get big paydays? It's almost as if he knows what he's doing
Tom Brady. Expect another shit patriots season this year and hopefully more people taking an objective look at BB as a whole

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think both of you are right in certain ways. I don’t think Brady would have those rings without BB, and BB wouldn’t have those rings without Brady.

Brady is obviously incredible, but he (and others on those teams) were unstoppable because BB is probably the best ever at scheming to the strengths of the personnel he has, and cutting bait on players at the perfect time (for the most part). BB isn’t the best drafter, but maybe the best at coaching his guys into a system that maximizes all of their strengths.

Brady isn’t mobile, and doesn’t have the arm as some others, but he was unstoppable in that particular system.

They’re both elite at what they do. Who gives a shit if it was more Brady or more Bill. Any of us would love to have even a 3 year window for the Bears what the Pats had for nearly 20.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I'd love more details of these big name free agents that flocked there.
You mean like Mike Vrabel, Rob Ninkovich, Randy Moss (traded but signed an extension before diva-ing his way out 3 years later), Rodney Harrison, Patrick Chung (drafted by NE but after he signed/got cut by Philly), Darrelle Revis, Stephon Gilmore, Dion Lewis, Junior Seau, Jabaal Sheard, Martellus Bennett, LeGarrett Blount, Chris Long, James Harrison (still a big name, even at the end of his career), and Alan Branch?

No big names there at all. I could go deeper/older with Roosie Colvin, Antowain Smith, and Roman Phifer--but that's not the point. BB/the Pats didn't always need big names, I'd even go as far to say it was how impressive it was for them that they could get the most out of castaways like Rex Burkhead, Chris Hogan, Shea McClellin, Benjarvus Green Ellis, and tons more I don't feel like looking up then listing.

Long story short--they had the scheme in place with a smart, disciplined coach (they're always one of the least penalized teams) with a consistently elite OLine (Matt Light is the most underrated LT of all time but gets no love because he played at the same time Walter Jones and Orlando Pace did), defenses good enough to bend/not break and make stops when it mattered, and obviously Tom Brady. Everything was in the right place for their 20 years of dominance, and we probably aren't ever going to see an era like that again.

Don't get me wrong though--I'm happy AF that they're going to suck now. I'm tired of seeing them, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Seattle. They can all fuck off and be bad for a decade.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You mean like Mike Vrabel, Rob Ninkovich, Randy Moss (traded but signed an extension before diva-ing his way out 3 years later), Rodney Harrison, Patrick Chung (drafted by NE but after he signed/got cut by Philly), Darrelle Revis, Stephon Gilmore, Dion Lewis, Junior Seau, Jabaal Sheard, Martellus Bennett, LeGarrett Blount, Chris Long, James Harrison (still a big name, even at the end of his career), and Alan Branch?

No big names there at all. I could go deeper/older with Roosie Colvin, Antowain Smith, and Roman Phifer--but that's not the point. BB/the Pats didn't always need big names, I'd even go as far to say it was how impressive it was for them that they could get the most out of castaways like Rex Burkhead, Chris Hogan, Shea McClellin, Benjarvus Green Ellis, and tons more I don't feel like looking up then listing.

Long story short--they had the scheme in place with a smart, disciplined coach (they're always one of the least penalized teams) with a consistently elite OLine (Matt Light is the most underrated LT of all time but gets no love because he played at the same time Walter Jones and Orlando Pace did), defenses good enough to bend/not break and make stops when it mattered, and obviously Tom Brady. Everything was in the right place for their 20 years of dominance, and we probably aren't ever going to see an era like that again.

Don't get me wrong though--I'm happy AF that they're going to suck now. I'm tired of seeing them, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Seattle. They can all fuck off and be bad for a decade.
Yes. I knew they brought in some big names, but I don't think they were any sort of outlier. They did an incredible job finding guys like Vrabel who didn't do much elsewhere and making them major contributors as well. NE had a system and did a great job at identifying players that fit it. I hope the bears can manage to do that at some point

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The more I read about him the more I realize I just simply want Miller gone and not this bum