Nagy Expected to Return per Rapoport

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is mitch is back too.

The whole crew gets one more year, if it sucks, they blow it up and let the next GM draft a QB in 2022.

They won't even have to blow it up since their contracts expire after 2021. Just let them walk.
I agree, and don't think its necissarily bad.

I'd like to outbid Indy for Wentz whatever that looks like. I don't know why we are the guy that ends up sniffing Trubisky vs Darnold, but Reich has the inside track as former coordinator. Our friend of situation of Nagy(Peterson) is Wentz's enemy so maybe it doesn't happen.

So yes to Trubisky, but you've got a hard on for Wentz(my free agent advice last year was Rivers, in the playoffs, better than Foles), but this year its like Rivers in his prime. Wentz. Hard on.

So Hard on for Wentz, one eye open for a QB in the next two drafts no matter what. One eye open until there is a HoFer under center competing with records.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:

The whole crew gets one more year, if it sucks, they blow it up and let the next GM draft a QB in 2022.

They won't even have to blow it up since their contracts expire after 2021. Just let them walk.

Nagy's contract expires after 2022. Brad Biggs suggested recently that Pace's contract was possibly extended to match Nagy's. Biggs is pretty much the only "insider" who actually gets it right the majority of the time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yes it seems like it's a one more year for everyone and if it doesn't work then clean house for either a big rebuild or small rebuild or whatever it is the new GM decides to do.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Nagy's contract expires after 2022. Brad Biggs suggested recently that Pace's contract was possibly extended to match Nagy's. Biggs is pretty much the only "insider" who actually gets it right the majority of the time.
If you bring Mitch back for 2 years this makes sense to me.

One thing on the whole "Matt Nagy is back calling plays" thing.

I say this thinking I don't really believe it but it's because I don't believe it that I think it's possible.

It seemed pretty apparent that Matt Nagy was calling plays in the first half of the jags game.

Now we get the report that Matt is back taking control.

All of us believe the Bears are idiots and would actually do something like this.

Could Matt Nagy actually be smart enough and self-aware enough to realize the detriment his system is and use it as a weapon?

My gut instinct is no but it's fascinating to consider:

What if the goal is to convince the Packers to keep the same game plan they've always employed against Mitch trubisky instead of adjusting to the new play action system they have had Mitch in the past few games?

and then the Bears roll out with a lazors offense because they have identified things they can exploit?

yeah I'm grasping at straws but it's fun to consider before we get slammed by the pack. ?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

I say this thinking I don't really believe it but it's because I don't believe it that I think it's possible.

It seemed pretty apparent that Matt Nagy was calling plays in the first half of the jags game.

All of us believe the Bears are idiots and would actually do something like this.

Could Matt Nagy actually be smart enough and self-aware enough to realize the detriment his system is and use it as a weapon?

What if the goal is to convince the Packers to keep the same game plan they've always employed against Mitch trubisky instead of adjusting to the new play action system they have had Mitch in the past few games?

and then the Bears roll out with a lazors offense because they have identified things they can exploit?

yeah I'm grasping at straws but it's fun to consider before we get slammed by the pack. ?
it never said he was taking back control

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
wut. Greenbay runs rollouts, play action, cut the field in half kiddie nonsense, so does the Cheifs.... this should be the bread and butter of a mobile QBs system...
I hate when stuff works but I can't brag about the complexity of it. That's why I stopped asking patients "which is better 1 or 2," and changed it to " which iteration provides better visual satisfaction the primary or secondary?"

It takes them way longer to figure out what the fuck I am talking about and they often end up screwing up the process and getting shitty glasses, but they all go away muttering that this guy is a "real" optometrist. At least that is what I think they are calling me, I know I hear, "that guy is a real..." and then the tend to mumble.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
That’s really frightening that he’s the Bears head coach given the above. There’s really nothing good about him
I dont think thats completely fair. I think he is a decent motivator and players seem to respect and respond to him. Like him or hate him, any HC that can have a team bounce back from a 6 loss streak, is doing something right in the clubhouse. Remember when Trestman was here, the team never recovered from a losing streak.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They needed and excuse, they got the excuse.

Forget that he burnt 24 games on his ego and his knock off KC system.
Jay Glazer is more in tune with teams than Rapaport. Glazer thinks this game still matters for Nagy

Bolek

Liked Posts:

eh, they could have been trying to put some other stuff on tape, knowing they were likely to beat the Jags. That was my initial thought, because changing a working scheme, doesnt make sense otherwise. I think Lazor is still calling plays, but it looks like Nagy is increasing his input into his playcalls and overall strategy. Especially in 2 min drill, goaline or redzone situations

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I dont think thats completely fair. I think he is a decent motivator and players seem to respect and respond to him. Like him or hate him, any HC that can have a team bounce back from a 6 loss streak, is doing something right in the clubhouse. Remember when Trestman was here, the team never recovered from a losing streak.
Good coaches don’t go on 6 game losing streaks... also the whole “motivator” thing is overrated in professional sports. Andy Reid isn’t going around waving his magic motivation wand at the players that makes them somehow play better. It’s scheme, play calling, game/time management, adjustments, etc - Nagy is very bad to horrible at all of these.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Why not hire Ditka and draft Traask or Macky Jones? If the Bears are committed to being mediocre, at least make it entertaining for the fans. Bring more exotic animals to the circus show.

The knowledge that Nagy is involved in calling plays again just sunk my excitement in this team, and season, several notches.

mur34

Liked Posts:
Get rid of this coach as soon as possible. He doesn't understand how to be a HC. This guy has dialed up some of the dumbest plays in the history of the game. He doesn't even know that most of the trouble with this team is him.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Second ranked offense over the last 4 weeks. Okay guys, let's go back to what we were doing before. Fucking. Genius.

You just don't understand the mind of a genius. Let the master work.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’m ok with that as long as it’s a new GM who likes what Nagy has to say