Nagy just announced as HC

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know the details of nagys contract? # of Years?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First I was like

fstbt.gif

Then I saw it was a bleacher report "scout" and I was like

:enough:

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The details of the contracts given to this staff have not been released.

Thats strange, when the Fangio contract was already reported to be for 3 years. I wonder if Nagy got the same # of years then.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thats strange, when the Fangio contract was already reported to be for 3 years. I wonder if Nagy got the same # of years then.

I remember reading something about Nagy's being 4 years and the rest of the staff 3 years but I haven't seen any details at all about the contracts. I would rather wait for them to come out before taking any of that to be accurate.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There's no way Nagy's contract is a three-year deal. That would be a two-year evaluation period, and that's universally too fast.

Your new head coach will almost always get a four-year deal, because three years is a reasonable time to evaluate how that coach is doing, and very few coaches are going to coach the last year of their contract unless they're Marvin Lewis. They either get extended or fired. Coach contracts very rarely expire.

mecha

Liked Posts:
well, he theoretically should hit on all the necessary food groups. his gameday decision making is apparently still an issue however. this has transpired since week 1 of last year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thoughts now compared to then?

Same.

The mid-season lull by the Chiefs has me a little worried about Nagy. That said, i love the way he used Hunt, so I think he'll put Howard/Cohen to great use. I do love that Pace didn't give any else a chance to get his guy. Really like the aggressiveness here. My biggest gripe, and one reason why Nagy wasn't one of my favorites, is who has he developed? Smith started to turn the corner with Harbaugh. Just not wowing me with the resume. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Yeah, I've already heard how every time the chiefs o looked bad, it was Reid. Again, who has nagy developed? I like that he comes from a coach of reid's stature, so he should know how to use rbs and tes, but his resume is seriously lacking. Of all the names that were floating around, nagy seemed the least qualified to me. Don't hate the hire, but I'm not gaga either.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Damn ijph.....You were on point.....

BEARS

The only Chicago coach I was ever ecstatic over was when the Cubs hired Maddon. I personally wanted Reich for these Bears.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
My first choice was mcdaniels but after the douche move he pulled with the colts I’m glad we didn’t get him

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My first choice was mcdaniels but after the douche move he pulled with the colts I’m glad we didn’t get him

I believe it was Reich and DeFilippo, once it was clear Reich wasn't really in consideration, IIRC for me. DeFilippo might've been worse than Nagy in hindsight. Though, he's not a HC so I don't know for sure. Probably would be in over his head.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
The huge problem I see with Nagy, and this is almost impossible to know until you hire a coach, is how little self reflection and self awareness of his own mistakes and flaws he has. The guy LITERALLY lost a game the exact same way and score he lost a playoff game: get yards, get into FG range, sit on the ball, refuse to attempt more yards for fear of the catastrophic play, and then watch his kicker miss. And then, when asked about in the post-game, he defiantly stands there and says he did nothing wrong. The best coaches in this league always are reflecting on what they did and evaluating their choices. With Nagy, there's none of that. Hell, that's an Andy Reid staple too yet at least with Reid, you get one of the most innovative play designers in the last 30 years. What do you get with Nagy for him to act the way he does?

Yes, his offense would perform better with a better QB but look at Reid tonight with Moore. Has a bye week to prepare and gets 24 points. Why the fuck can't Nagy get to 24 with Mitchell in year 2? It's a shame because at his hire, I really thought the Bears had by far the best coach in the division but now, you look at Lefluer in Green Bay and see the strides that are happening in Detroit and Minnesota bouncing back and now, you could make an argument that Nagy is no better than any of them. Adapt or die in the NFL (hi Mike Martz!) no matter how good your schemes are today.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh. how the mighty have fallen. At tis point in time, Nagy's being reamed, and Mako has morphed into Trushitsky!!!