NBA DRAFT OFFICAIL DRAFT THREAD

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wendell Carter is still a sore spot for me. He’s been a decent NBA player but Shai was still available or Porter.

Yeah, we have been in an endless search to fill two positions that we were holding when this management team took over abd shipped Carter and didn't see Markinens potential.

Stretch 4 and a versatile center.

I said this would happen then and have basically tuned out this regime.

We all know we are doomed as long as this ownership/management continues right?

We can't even blow it up right. They waited until assets are worthless.

Giddey is a "playmaking" point guard who can't shoot or defend. Buzelis is a skinny bitch.

Keep Lavine and put those three in the floor together in the NBA I dare you.

Don't trade DeRozan until he looks like a gas bag oozing up and down the floor like Harden.

What a fucking tool AK turned out to be.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7 your boy Dalton to the Lake Show
Crazy he dropped to 17 and also crazy the bulls passed on him to take a guy with similar height and position, but whomst is also frail as fuck and never done anything.

Dalton will be a hell of a get for the lakers as long as bron doesn’t ruin him from the jump

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Crazy he dropped to 17 and also crazy the bulls passed on him to take a guy with similar height and position, but whomst is also frail as fuck and never done anything.

Dalton will be a hell of a get for the lakers as long as bron doesn’t ruin him from the jump
Very solid chance that happens.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Dalton was a great pick for the Lakers but i would have been disappointed had the Bulls drafted a 23 year old.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Dalton was a great pick for the Lakers but i would have been disappointed had the Bulls drafted a 23 year old.
Why?

he is one of, if not the best shooter and scorer in the draft. why is it so bad that he is ready to come in and play from day 1? if he was a year or two younger, you wouldnt have an issue with the bulls drafting him, correct?

I just dont see where 1 or 2 years makes THAT much of a difference, especially considering this was a draft on the weaker side of talent.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Older players are usually ready to play right away but offer limited upside. Where the Bulls are at right now, being the most mediocre team in the league with no upside for the future, it doesn't make much sense. Dalton would have been a godsend for the 2011-era though.

Also If he were a few years younger he would have went #1 probably. It makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Why?

he is one of, if not the best shooter and scorer in the draft. why is it so bad that he is ready to come in and play from day 1? if he was a year or two younger, you wouldnt have an issue with the bulls drafting him, correct?

I just dont see where 1 or 2 years makes THAT much of a difference, especially considering this was a draft on the weaker side of talent.

I'm sure a player or two in this draft will turn out to be way better than expected but given how low the expectations are, it shouldn't be that difficult to achieve.

I think it really all depends on if they're actually rebuilding or continuing with the goal of just being happy to make the playoffs and doing nothing of substance. I believe the latter is the true goal which is why I would've gone with Dalton as he's ready to play now and can help you make the playoffs (where the Bulls will continue to do nothing because of overall roster construction).

Matas makes more sense if the true goal is actually rebuilding but if that's the case, the Caruso trade makes even less sense to me. I'd greatly prefer multiple future draft picks over a guy who can put up some solid counting stats in the regular season but has two fatal flaws for the playoffs with his lack of shooting and defense.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Older players are usually ready to play right away but offer limited upside. Where the Bulls are at right now, being the most mediocre team in the league with no upside for the future, it doesn't make much sense. Dalton would have been a godsend for the 2011-era though.

Also If he were a few years younger he would have went #1 probably. It makes a huge difference.
right, but its not like hes 33...hes 23. a rebuild generally takes what, 2-3 years to try and take a shot at winning again. Id say at age 26, he would certainly be in the sweet spot age wise for a potential run at being good again.

if not, you can always trade him come the end of his contract. nba teams always need shooters.

now, maybe this kid the bulls did take will turn into something. but i have serious doubts that he will ever amount to much...in which case, 2-3 years from now this board will be groaning over the fact we passed up on a good player for a nobody

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently Bronny's agent has been calling teams and telling them not to draft him. If they do, he's going to Australia.

Clearly, this is being set up for him to go to LA. Unless teams really think Bronny is garbage, idk why teams would just allow that to happen. Call his bluff. There's no way he's going to Australia. Also, it puts pressure on LeBron and what he wants to do as far his player option is concerned.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lakers: LeBron had absolutely NO input on hiring JJ Redick, and was NOT involved with us drafting Bronny James.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I wonder how long the 2 night draft lasts. Endless banal babbling by talking heads only cut periodically to beam into the deputy commissioner announcing picks in a closet....and next year they won't even have Bronny James as a ploy to get viewers.

Reactions: BNB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would Bronny have even be drafted if it wasn’t for his Dad? The dude sucks.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder how long the 2 night draft lasts. Endless banal babbling by talking heads only cut periodically to beam into the deputy commissioner announcing picks in a closet....and next year they won't even have Bronny James as a ploy to get viewers.
I didn’t even watch. I just got updates. As @SilenceS said, this was a boring draft and it was more fun discussing the death of a wrestling organization from 25 years ago than the draft.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spurs are still just a top tier franchise. Never be flashy, but they just make so many solids moves for now and their future.

Bronny isn't considered being drafted if it wasn't for BronBron. Also, LeBron agents told team if they drafted him. He was going to play in Australia. lol

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Spurs are still just a top tier franchise. Never be flashy, but they just make so many solids moves for now and their future.

Bronny isn't considered being drafted if it wasn't for BronBron. Also, LeBron agents told team if they drafted him. He was going to play in Australia. lol
Australia probably didn’t want him either.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So why is he then a great pick for the Lakers? It’s not like they are in their championship window.