Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
How legit is Jake Fischer? At least it's not the B/R guy that called DeRozan the worst signing.

In terms of Schroeder, I haven't followed him much this year. But Brown is a solid defender. I'd be more intrigued with Milsaps.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Why do the Bulls need another guard when they've already got Ball, White, Caruso, Desunmu, Lavine and DeRozan, all of which can play guard (as well as Matt Thomas)?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I am a firm believer in the chemistry AKME + BD are trying to build here. Unfortunately, there's been barely any of that as of late because of the injuries. I'd be very worried about pushing some panic button. So while in the past I have been critical of GarPax for their (for the most part) stayput philosophy at the deadline, I don't think that's necessarily the worst idea given that I think we'd all agree that the Bulls are playing with house money right now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
giphy-downsized.gif

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I am a firm believer in the chemistry AKME + BD are trying to build here. Unfortunately, there's been barely any of that as of late because of the injuries. I'd be very worried about pushing some panic button. So while in the past I have been critical of GarPax for their (for the most part) stayput philosophy at the deadline, I don't think that's necessarily the worst idea given that I think we'd all agree that the Bulls are playing with house money right now.
This regime doesn’t strike me as one to hit the panic button yet.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m not opposed to Schroeder considering ball and Caruso’s injury status. He also has history with BD and is a good defender. He’s also on an expiring deal so won’t hurt long term.

Ayo, Coby and Schroeder can all play both guard spots so the versatility is nice. Although when Ball and Caruso come back it would seem to be very messy. That makes me think Coby would also be traded for a big if the Bulls acquire Schroeder

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Short term I can only see him being viable if Ball and Caruso are out for basically the rest of the season plus playoffs, which is unlikely in either case. Not worth the rental it seems to me

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Short term I can only see him being viable if Ball and Caruso are out for basically the rest of the season plus playoffs, which is unlikely in either case. Not worth the rental it seems to me
I just don't see the point.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He’s better than TBJ. Let’s assume that ball/Caruso play it safe and are out until the end of the season give or take a week. Schroeder would really help out and make Coby even more expendable for a big which would make a lot of people happy on here

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He’s better than TBJ. Let’s assume that ball/Caruso play it safe and are out until the end of the season give or take a week. Schroeder would really help out and make Coby even more expendable for a big which would make a lot of people happy on here
Arguably, Coby is already expendable for a big as we have Ayo who can defend leagues better than him already, and has shot the ball decently well himself. Would Boston do TBJ for Shroeder straight up? If so then sure I guess but it just isn't a move I see really making any real impact. It's just a half season rental of Schroeder in a season where we're not likely to make a Finals run and the real hole on the roster is in the frontcourt.

I can't see Schroeder putting us in a better position to improve the roster long term and as such I don't see the point.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nabbing Schroder for TBJ and a 2nd round pick, while also picking up paul millsap when he gets bought out could make a difference

Schroder would help the bulls handle the losses of ball and Caruso to keep the bulls at or near the top of the Eastern conference standings.

Millsaps would give the bulls some defense and rebounding help they need.

then come playoff time you have ball and Caruso back. If either has a set back in their rehab or something, though….sure would be nice to have Schroder for the backup plan come playoff time.

yes, Schroder would be a rental…but it’s a cheap cost at TBJ and a 2nd rounder…reportedly

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Arguably, Coby is already expendable for a big as we have Ayo who can defend leagues better than him already, and has shot the ball decently well himself. Would Boston do TBJ for Shroeder straight up? If so then sure I guess but it just isn't a move I see really making any real impact. It's just a half season rental of Schroeder in a season where we're not likely to make a Finals run and the real hole on the roster is in the frontcourt.

I can't see Schroeder putting us in a better position to improve the roster long term and as such I don't see the point.
This is why I don't see a point to this move. Unless it's incredibly cheap.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm more interested in Millsap.....big body, good rebounder, expiring contract(I think) and he wouldn't cost much. Bulls need some girth in the lane.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm more interested in Millsap.....big body, good rebounder, expiring contract(I think) and he wouldn't cost much. Bulls need some girth in the lane.
Agreed. Millsap fills an actual need on this roster. He's old, but he can fill in a 10-15 minute rotation spot easily.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Myles Turner is the guy only player that moves the needle for me.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I like it…DJJ, PWill, and the blazers pick enough to make it happen?
Whoa…I really like Turner but that’s a bit much to give up for a guy who plays the same position as Vuc, plays 30 MPG, and makes 18 mil per season this year and next.

BD likes to play small and have the PFstretch the floor and guard the 2-4. I don’t see Turner getting enough minutes here for it to be worth it. He’d be a backup to Vuc, not the starting 4.