Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Whoa…I really like Turner but that’s a bit much to give up for a guy who plays the same position as Vuc, plays 30 MPG, and makes 18 mil per season this year and next.

BD likes to play small and have the PFstretch the floor and guard the 2-4. I don’t see Turner getting enough minutes here for it to be worth it. He’d be a backup to Vuc, not the starting 4.
He plays next to Sabonis which plays similar to Vuc so he is used to it so he would be a nice fit. Not to mention he has led the league in blocks twice. I'd do it.

Edit: Turner will be out beyond trade deadline. Not sure how this would effect trade value.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He plays next to Sabonis which plays similar to Vuc so he is used to it so he would be a nice fit. Not to mention he has led the league in blocks twice. I'd do it.

Edit: Turner will be out beyond trade deadline. Not sure how this would effect trade value.
He does play next to Sabonis and they’re not a great fit. Especially not a good fit for the style BD likes.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I dont see us going after Schroeder at all. I just dont see them adding someone who will be playing for his play day to a team with an established pecking order and chemistry .

MIlsap is washed and we need size

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's everyone's opinion on Marvin Bagely JR?

I feel like he can fit a role this year and next year if he is mature enough can come off the bench then hopefully take over when Vooch is gone.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Millsap has been effective in limited minutes. Snagging him would actually make sense (though not ideal), unlike bringing in Schroder. The Bulls already have LaVine, White, and Dosunmu that can easily cover the 96 minutes required to fill the 1 and 2 spots. And as someone else mentioned in this thread, the Bulls also have plenty of players currently playing the 3-4 spots capable of manning the SG spot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ben Simmons as a power forward intrigueme and fits well with our break out counter mentality.

he doesn’t shoot well enough to be respected as a point guard, but damn he might look good with Ball orchestrating. He’s the guy that would really change our athletic dynamic at the 4 if he bought into this defense.
If we are going to move Williams and more I need to see something interesting like Grant or Simmons

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Millsap has been effective in limited minutes. Snagging him would actually make sense (though not ideal), unlike bringing in Schroder. The Bulls already have LaVine, White, and Dosunmu that can easily cover the 96 minutes required to fill the 1 and 2 spots. And as someone else mentioned in this thread, the Bulls also have plenty of players currently playing the 3-4 spots capable of manning the SG spot.
Flip side to your argument would be…Lavine is banged up, playing hurt and already missed time earlier in the season. White is streaky as can be. And Ayo is still a rookie

the other guys are busy playing the 3 and 4 spots due to lack of other options, so they aren’t really options to cover the guard spots.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Aaaaaand right on cue, bulls are playing a game without Zach or Coby. So just left with Ayo

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I am a firm believer in the chemistry AKME + BD are trying to build here. Unfortunately, there's been barely any of that as of late because of the injuries. I'd be very worried about pushing some panic button. So while in the past I have been critical of GarPax for their (for the most part) stayput philosophy at the deadline, I don't think that's necessarily the worst idea given that I think we'd all agree that the Bulls are playing with house money right now.
With the way the team is playing, why rock the boat?

If anything, I look at LeVine, Dosunmu, Ball, Caruso, and White, and I feel very set at guard - and maybe consider dealing White for some draft capital to get some young talent for the frontcourt. But only if i get blown away by the offer.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Aaaaaand right on cue, bulls are playing a game without Zach or Coby. So just left with Ayo
The Ayo's been playing... I'm okay with Zach getting a day off.

Heck, maybe Coby can supply the team with some draft capital.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Played around on the trade checker and this actually works

Portland gets Coby, TBJ, and Pwill and the pick back

Philly gets Dame

We get Simmons

Vuc /Simmons
Simmons /DJJ
Demar /Javonte
Zach/ AC
Ball/ Ayo

and Simmons is a Klutch client

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Philly gets Dame

We get Simmons

Vuc /Simmons
Simmons /DJJ
Demar /Javonte
Zach/ AC
Ball/ Ayo

I'd rather just cut out Simmons and have Lillard

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Philly gets Dame

We get Simmons

Vuc /Simmons
Simmons /DJJ
Demar /Javonte
Zach/ AC
Ball/ Ayo

How does adding Simmons hurt resigning lavine and ayo(down the road)? Why do people even want Simmons?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That Simmons contract is brutal

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That Simmons contract is brutal
Maybe a year or two ago I would be all for the move. But I finally have a bulls team that I would like to see kept intact for while and Simmons isn’t worth breaking that up for. Lavine going to get super max. We should keep ayo. Why risk all that for Simmons

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
How does adding Simmons hurt resigning lavine and ayo(down the road)? Why do people even want Simmons?

We have Bird rights for both Zach and Ayo

This trade propels us to the favorites .

Simmons gives us a 25 yr old all nba defender to put at PF next to Derozan and Vooch . Hes also an excellent rebounder and passer which instantly makes us even more lethal in transition . His size also gives us a respected defender to throw at Giannis and Durant .

This is more of a the league is struggling right now lets go all in move for the Bulls but believe it or not it does work cap wise .

The Bulls are 18th in the league in salary I think we could add Simmons and resign both Zach and Ayo and still only move up to around 6 or 7 which is right in the middle of where the majority of contenders are anyway. Its the only is and the Suns who are in the low teens right and that ends for both teams after this season.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why do we want Dennis Schroeder? I thought we needed a big

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs