Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Philly just became the favorites in the East

This was my initial feeling as well.

Simmons wasn't playing anyway... Harden is a huge upgrade over Curry, and losing Drummond is insignificant for the 76ers.

If Harden, Harris, and Embiid mesh well, they should be favorites coming out of the East.

Now, if Kyrie played full time, it could be a different story. full-time Kyrie, a healthy KD, Simmons, and other pieces like Mills and Aldridge would make for a very interesting series.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I mentioned this yesterday, but I think this is a good trade for both teams. A healthy Nets team has enough offense and doesn't need Harden. Simmons' strengths would bring a nice balance to their team.

The 76ers needed more perimeter scoring and a guy who could create his own offense outside of Embiid. They get that with Harden.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My read on Harden is that he's able to mesh well with anyone, but doesn't want to be Option 1. I'm guessing if Durant were healthy he wouldn't have been unhappy as he seemed. He's probably going to be really happy with Embiid.

Poor KD. He has to hate all of this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think I mentioned this yesterday, but I think this is a good trade for both teams. A healthy Nets team has enough offense and doesn't need Harden. Simmons' strengths would bring a nice balance to their team.

The 76ers needed more perimeter scoring and a guy who could create his own offense outside of Embiid. They get that with Harden.
This assumes Simmons has stayed in some type of shape, and has pulled his head out of his ass.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Durant is probably pissed.

I'm not sure they really cared what Durant wanted haha. They have him locked in for the next 4 years, so he couldn't really threaten to leave or anything like that.

If he never signed that extension, I think this would have gone in a different direction.

But yeah, KD probably isn't the happiest person right now. He may create some anonymous Twitter accounts to complain about it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am shocked Harden actually got traded...wow

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sure they really cared what Durant wanted haha. They have him locked in for the next 4 years, so he couldn't really threaten to leave or anything like that.

If he never signed that extension, I think this would have gone in a different direction.

But yeah, KD probably isn't the happiest person right now. He may create some anonymous Twitter accounts to complain about it.
Ooof. Just saw that contract, and how BOTH Harden and Irving had player options after this season.

Yeah, uhh, could be a rough few years for the Durantula.

Reactions: BNB

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boston just got under the luxury tax. Unlikely a Schroder deal happens

How you guys feel about signing Goran Dragic? He’s getting bought out by SA. He could help fill in till Lonzo and Caruso get back
If you trade White and get him cheap why not?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wish it was M.Badgley to the Bulls for seconds involved. Or White.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bulls need to get healthy more so than make any trades. They don’t have much draft capital to move anyway.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I didn't expect anything honestly. Ownership isn't going to green light going into the luxtax any sooner than they have to - Thus limiting what we could do with already limited assets.

I believe they have around 3m to play with so expect them to be players in the buyout market to "make up" for doing nothing at the deadline.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls are more likely to see who's available in the buyout market if anything, I can see them just doing nothing though. No move will make a huge impact on the team unless there's an unexpected buyout.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I will fully put up my love and bias here in asking this question. But with the need for guards right now. Anyone thing their is a change for 3'twuan Moore to be brought in on a short term deal to help now and depth for later. Yes, he's old. But dude is a straight pro.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will fully put up my love and bias here in asking this question. But with the need for guards right now. Anyone thing their is a change for 3'twuan Moore to be brought in on a short term deal to help now and depth for later. Yes, he's old. But dude is a straight pro.
Dude has been injured like the whole year or something. But I suppose the Magic could waive him and then we could pick him up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now the Nets should trade Irving to Florida, Texas, or Arizona.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would the Bulls win a chip with Lebron at the 4?