NBA Trade Deadline thread.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one happy standing pat and letting the gang get healthy? Things gelled pretty nicely with a full deck

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Dude has been injured like the whole year or something. But I suppose the Magic could waive him and then we could pick him up.
They waived him after the trade that made him expendable, he's had a lower leg injury all year. I think it's as much a 'vet injury' as anything else. I'm not saying they should, I just selfishly love the dude.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ooof. Just saw that contract, and how BOTH Harden and Irving had player options after this season.

Yeah, uhh, could be a rough few years for the Durantula.

Yeah, KD should be uncomfortable that his future is basically in Kyrie's hands. With how unpredictable Kyrie has been in his career, who knows what's gonna happen this off-season. And I can't wait.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Would the Bulls win a chip with Lebron at the 4?

giphy.gif

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Am I the only one happy standing pat and letting the gang get healthy? Things gelled pretty nicely with a full deck

I'm not upset.

Now, if we get to the playoffs healthy and get bounced in the first or second round, we absolutely need to do something in the off-season if we want to have a legitimate chance next year.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Thought someone said somewhere that we can't sign him this season due to some rule.

Yes he could not come directly back to us from SA but now that hes been traded if the Raps were to cut him we could sign him . But because he basically fits their interchangeable frontline scheme and is on a playoff team that wont happen

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't expect anything honestly. Ownership isn't going to green light going into the luxtax any sooner than they have to - Thus limiting what we could do with already limited assets.

I believe they have around 3m to play with so expect them to be players in the buyout market to "make up" for doing nothing at the deadline.
I'm really curious how much this luxury tax things truly still matters to the Reinsdorfs. I can understand not wanting to hit it this year, but next year they're gonna hit it assuming they re-sign Zach Lavine.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm really curious how much this luxury tax things truly still matters to the Reinsdorfs. I can understand not wanting to hit it this year, but next year they're gonna hit it assuming they re-sign Zach Lavine.
Other than cubs and Blackhawks Chicago teams operate like small market teams

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls don’t appear to have any buy out options for big men. Things went pretty poorly for them on that front

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls don’t appear to have any buy out options for big men. Things went pretty poorly for them on that front
All the big names got traded to teams who are very much going to need those guys in the playoffs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree, but if they had harden, Irving, and Durant in the playoffs they had a chance. I hate harden, but 76ers gave themselves a chance this year
Certainly, but my guess is also Harden wants a championship, and maybe thinks he won't be able to do it with Kyrie not being able to play home games... plus the Nets are falling in the standings due to KD being out, good chance they end the season in a play-in-game, and a tough 1st round matchup. I mean Harden forced his way to the Nets last year thinking a team with 3 stars would be just about guaranteed a championship... of course Kyrie Irving isn't known for staying healthy.

Sixers have been climbing, and probably will only continue now with adding Harden, though I imagine it'll take Harden a bit of time to get up to speed.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping that Jerry is at the point of his life where he's realizing he can't take it with him and all he's doing is spending his kids money now anyway so why not destroy the luxury tax.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping that Jerry is at the point of his life where he's realizing he can't take it with him and all he's doing is spending his kids money now anyway so why not destroy the luxury tax.
He won’t spend like that would the Sox doubt he will with bulls.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nets still remain the favorites to win the title