NBA2K12

Cloud 9

O.G.
Liked Posts:
Yeah I just got 2K12 last week for 360, fun as always.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I just got traded to the Bulls in My Player Mode.

Knicks traded me for Carlos Boozer & a 2013 1st round pick (I'm a PG).

I'm now Derrick Rose's backup. :bullbang:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just got traded to the Bulls in My Player Mode.

Knicks traded me for Carlos Boozer & a 2013 1st round pick (I'm a PG).

I'm now Derrick Rose's backup. :bullbang:

That's a much better trade than what the Bulls did for me.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
:lol: What'd they trade for you? (You've probably already said it in the thread but I don't really feel like searching for it lol)

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could always just say screw it with skin tone and make your player black. :smug2:

But yeah the my player creation system isn't the best, but I don't expect it to be like Skyrim or something.

I would never do that... wouldn't feel right, but I can start a CAL with D.Rose or Scalabrine...

The player creation is hard for any basketball game because you can always see the face, that is why in games like Madden they just have pre-made faces, because you won't be seeing the face that much any way and it looks nicer.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want some one to please tell me if I am wrong for thinking this...

Carlos Boozer in this game has a 66 mid range rating... last year he had an 83...

I right now have Boozer at a 87 mid range with defensive awareness down to 54...

66 IMO is WAY to low for a guy that isn't bad at all at mid range jumpers.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want some one to please tell me if I am wrong for thinking this...

Carlos Boozer in this game has a 66 mid range rating... last year he had an 83...

I right now have Boozer at a 87 mid range with defensive awareness down to 54...

66 IMO is WAY to low for a guy that isn't bad at all at mid range jumpers.

Imo you're kind of right, but since the lowest rating you can have is a 25 in 2k12 (the last basketball game I had the lowest was 50) so 66 is relatively good. I think 80 is considered an "elite" rating. It really makes those 90+ overall ratings mean a lot more imo.

Boozer is a pretty good midrange shooter though, so 66 is probably on the low side. Maybe a 75 or so should be accurate.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:lol: What'd they trade for you? (You've probably already said it in the thread but I don't really feel like searching for it lol)

I demanded a trade out of Utah because I was sick of the team benching me in the 4th and losing us games and later when they made me starter of my teammates just absolutely sucking (they would shoot a legit 35% all the time in losses and would just give games away with their atrocious defense). So 2k decides to go "ok you can get traded to a better team, but we're going to screw you anyway" and trades me to the Bulls with Devin Harris for Noah and Gibson, leaving us with no frontcourt save for Boozer and Asik and 6 PGs on the roster. We win a lot more games because the Bulls are just flat out good, but those times where the team for whatever reason decides that not only is it a good idea to have all these PGs on the active roster (me, Rose, Harris, Watson, and Pargo) but to play 4 of us at the same time infuriates me. And now the team will probably trade both Harris and Rose (because it named me starter over Rose for a reason that I simply don't understand) so if that happens we better get a good frontcourt player in return (like Dwight Howard :smug:)

bbaker

Liked Posts:
:lol: wow. 2k needs to fix their "engine" or whatever it's called. They come up with the stupidest trades. The Knicks now have Tyson Chandler, Amare and Boozer. You'd think the Knicks would want a PG/SG in return for me, like Rip, Brewer, Watson + a 1st rd pick.

Oh well. I'm a Bull now. I'm contemplating to just switching to a SG so I don't replace Rose in the starting lineup eventually.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
do y'all get alot of TOs...i always end up with atleast 2-3

so hard to make outlet passes in this game

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually get 1 every other game. The thing that gets me are open shots that ring around the rim and roll out.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I usually get 1 every other game. The thing that gets me are open shots that ring around the rim and roll out.

wow you must be good with the ball..

ya i hate when i make a great pass and guy gets stuffd or simple cant finish..worst feeling

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
do y'all get alot of TOs...i always end up with atleast 2-3

so hard to make outlet passes in this game

I'm averaging over 3 a game. I've been able to cut down to 3 or less in the past 3 or 4 games. Most of mine come on passes to the cutter in the "____ cut to basket" play that I run to try to get easy assists. The defender is just somehow magically always able to deflect the pass, even if it doesn't seem like they'd even be able to see the pass coming. Very few of my turnovers are ones where I just straight up get stripped.

I agree that sometimes outlet passing can be hard. A lot of times I'll pass it to them, but by the time the ball leaves my hand, the player is cutting into a mob of defense and I get the bad pass turnover. I guess I just need to pass earlier.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
wow you must be good with the ball..

ya i hate when i make a great pass and guy gets stuffd or simple cant finish..worst feeling

The other team ALWAYS gets 4-5 blocks on plays like that. Rip and Boozer have also botched SO many layups it's not even funny. Heck even Rose misses some layups on occasion.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I make passes and the guys get blocked or they shoot it and it rolls out.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If you want to assist pad, you're going to have to force guys to take shots(by will of the 24 second clock). That, and fast breaks :)

Right now I'm just learning how to rebound stat-pad. I haven't been able to get more than 21 in a game though, and 5 offensive is my best so far.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Of all the good things in 2K, NBA Live had a lot better passing.