New Brett Kollmann video out on Fields

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
agenda does not mean what you think it does

you seem to think it is a synonym for bias or ulterior motive, but it's not
? I don't think he has any reason to be biased against the bears or biased for any player in particular. He sees some things and he shows the tape that helps prove the point he is trying to make. There is UNDOUBTEDLY much tape that shows that Mitch was a bad QB, that Foles was a bad QB, and that Nagy is not a complete brain dead moron.

However, there is also tons of tape that would show that Nagy is a complete clown show fool. If Kollmann wanted to make a video titled 'Nagy sucks' I'm sure he could make a great case with the tape to show why he sucks.

Point I'm trying to make is that he wanted to make a video showing why Fields will be a good QB. If someone wants to watch that video and say that Nagy is a good HC because Kollmann said so, I don't think that is a full view of the entire situation.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bears should play a bottom tier starter opposed to an elite and proven talent that they traded up for because I don’t know….in Nagy we trust?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears should play a bottom tier starter opposed to an elite and proven talent that they traded up for because I don’t know….in Nagy we trust?

No. Until Fields is ready. It's fine to disagree and think he will be by day 1, but this statement sounds ignorant by itself.
He's not proven in NFL yet. I agree that he will be ready pretty quick. Fields is a generational talent including the neck up.

And nobody trusts Nagy. He's done the opposite of earn that so far. Now he has a QB he signed off on. Grab the popcorn in a month.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No. Until Fields is ready. It's fine to disagree and think he will be by day 1, but this statement sounds ignorant by itself.
He's not proven in NFL yet. I agree that he will be ready pretty quick. Fields is a generational talent including the neck up.

And nobody trusts Nagy. He's done the opposite of earn that so far. Now he has a QB he signed off on. Grab the popcorn in a month.
What hasn’t fields done in college to make you say it’s ignorant that he should be ready day 1? Does he lack experience? Big games? Good defenses? Why are Lawrence and Wilson slated to be ready day 1 but you’re saying it’s ignorant for fields to be?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Haskins was fucking terrible in college after his 1st read and when pressured. The more I watch Kollman, the more I realize he isn't that good in assessing talent. He also thought Trubisky was a stud.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Haskins was fucking terrible in college after his 1st read and when pressured. The more I watch Kollman, the more I realize he isn't that good in assessing talent. He also thought Trubisky was a stud.
I honestly don't know anything about this guy who looks like a school shooter, but apparently he's reliable because he made a couple #CALLEDITs

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What hasn’t fields done in college to make you say it’s ignorant that he should be ready day 1? Does he lack experience? Big games? Good defenses? Why are Lawrence and Wilson slated to be ready day 1 but you’re saying it’s ignorant for fields to be?

One thing I heard mentioned is that Fields always got his playcalls from the sideline (with players using #s & wristguards or something I assume?) - The word is, he's never had to call out the complete plays in a huddle before, so learning the language and mastering the playbook to spit em out rapid fire is just one basic thing to get down solid as F before he can roll out there on Sundays. To start he needs to know it better than his players even; esp. with a few new OL learning on the fly too.

I do agree - Fields has ALL the tools in spades, but to say he's experienced might be a stretch. Remember Nagy spewing about how it takes 3-4 years to master his offense? Alex Smith agreed. We all hoped for Trubs to come out in '19 & '20 with mastery...not so much. Fields is starting from zero.

Thankfully he's got elite intelligence, memory, & recall. Shouldn't take as long as others, but Day 1? Who knows. If he's ready, I'd love it too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So true but I have also considered that Nagy finally has a guy that can run his O as it was designed. The rest is spot on. He's just another prognosticator. Speaking of Haskins, I don't doubt that his failure rubbed off on Fields. Ryan Day was the OC for Haskins as well so teams may have attributed much of Fields success to his coach.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Ive been advocating for fields to be a day 1 starter since he was drafted. There’s 0 reason for dalton to start unless fields seems absolutely unprepared.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you want a real laugh, check out his all time classic Christian Hackenberg video. But seriously, QB assessment will make anyone and everyone look like a complete idiot.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you want a real laugh, check out his all time classic Christian Hackenberg video. But seriously, QB assessment will make anyone and everyone look like a complete idiot.
He loved Hackenberg? Hackenberg was blatantly awful outside of some big games against very bad teams in his freshman year

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a Trubisky feel good moment.