New Brett Kollmann video out on Fields

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I'd have to watch again, but I believe he said it was mostly on the qb play, therefore not admonishing Nagy of any responsibility
ON just that play though that he's referencing, that's a pretty bad play to run cause it looks like Mitch had 3 options, and all were bad. I forget the what they needed, it was a 3rd down I think, but two of the three WRs are dump off routes.

Hard to not blame some of that on Nagy....I mean, Mitch had the bad throw sure, but it was an awful play to begin with.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Then WTF does Minshew have to do with anything here?
I am guessing the logic is Trevor Lawrence is going to start over Minshew, so Fields should be able to start here if he would be able to start in Jacksonville because Minshew is better than Dalton and Fields would have beaten out Minshew in Jacksonville so Fields should be able to beat out Dalton who is worse than Minshew who already would have been beaten out by Fields to win the starting QB spot in Jacksonville so he should be able to beat out Dalton here to win the starting QB spot.

Please don't make me repeat that again or even make sense of what I wrote.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Then WTF does Minshew have to do with anything here? Minshew had problems when a D changed out of their presnap read or mixed coverages. The idea was to bring in a guy that had the recognition skills to set an example, even if no longer as talented overall.

Because maybe if you could read, the person I quoted said if Fields was in Jacksonville he'd be starting there. Not complicated at all like you're making it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because maybe if you could read, the person I quoted said if Fields was in Jacksonville he'd be starting there. Not complicated at all like you're making it.
How about if Dalton was in Jacksonville? It's just silly conjecture either way.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Through video's of Fields we can see his his ability both in the pocket and on the move to the point no one doubts his vast athletic ability. Now recently we have seen accounts of the mental side of his game. Jori Epstein's USA TODAY article the latest one on Justin Fields uncanny recall showing his intellect. This is the part of his game that on draft day I thought may hold him back somewhat, but seeing this and other accounts I am far less worried about it now than three months ago.

Both in camp and in the pre-season we are going to see the huge athletic gap between Fields and Dalton, now if JF shows that he has the mental side down he just may force Nagy into a new plan. One that would have Justin starting very early in the season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol. Just watched it. Jonathan Wood is an absolute shit "analyst" that posts a lot on DBB's Twitter Page. He is captain obvious. An offense that produces a lot of explosive plays tends to score a lot of plays. Real good analysis here lol

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope the people who called Fields delusional don't see this

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
How about if Dalton was in Jacksonville? It's just silly conjecture either way.

Dalton is definitely QB1 in JAX too.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This just isn't rational. If you look at the play Kollman highlighted where there's 15 yards of daylight and Foles gained 2 yards on a scramble, you couldn't possibly lump him and Dalton together athletically.

I'm not saying Dalton is the answer, but conservatively he was a middle tier starting QB for a decade. Bare minimum, he understands how to operate the offense, take what a defense gives, and be that bridge veteran we need until Fields is ready.
My Son lives in Dallas and watches every Cowboys game. I asked him for his opinion, because I only watched one game last year.

His summary - he will not cause you to lose games, because he could count on 1 hand the number of times that he pressed the play down field for something explosive. He told me that Andy Dalton will not win you a single game, he is 100% reliant on those players around him to make plays, and not in a good way.

If he is not Foles in your opinion, then he sounds a lot like Kyle Orton to me.... and we don't have a defense like Orton had.

I'm 99% sure that Andy Dalton will NOT finish the year because of his inefficiency to win games, just my opinion and what my gut is telling me.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If he is not Foles in your opinion, then he sounds a lot like Kyle Orton to me.... and we don't have a defense like Orton had.
2005 Orton*

His defense was shit his other year starting in 08 but in their defense, their secondary was obliterated with injuries. I actually thought Orton was starting to come around as a solid game manager until he got that high ankle sprain vs that dogshit 0-16 Lions team. And that team wasn't exactly stacked with talent on offense either.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Son lives in Dallas and watches every Cowboys game. I asked him for his opinion, because I only watched one game last year.

His summary - he will not cause you to lose games, because he could count on 1 hand the number of times that he pressed the play down field for something explosive. He told me that Andy Dalton will not win you a single game, he is 100% reliant on those players around him to make plays, and not in a good way.

I'm 99% sure that Andy Dalton will NOT finish the year because of his inefficiency to win games, just my opinion and what my gut is telling me.
Dalton is a placeholder. He doesn't need to start the whole season, just however many games until Fields is ready. Personally I don't think that'll be more than 3-4.

The difference we're talking about is moving the chains. With better oline play—picking up where we left off at the end of the season—a running game and competent hand running the offense, that'll set a lot of problems right. The Bears were godawful in 3 and outs last year.

The defense won't be as good as 2018, but probably not nearly as bad as 2020 either. We certainly won't be putting defenders in bad situations with Pagano gone. Dropping Quinn into coverage...SMH.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
2005 Orton*

His defense was shit his other year starting in 08 but in their defense, their secondary was obliterated with injuries. I actually thought Orton was starting to come around as a solid game manager until he got that high ankle sprain vs that dogshit 0-16 Lions team. And that team wasn't exactly stacked with talent on offense either.
Not that I disagree about Kyle Orton, but game manager sounds like the definition of Andy Dalton's career. Not good enough with a rook like Fields on the team.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Watched the vid a while ago. I respectfully disagree with his assessment, but I do find him entertaining overall. One thing I didn't like is how long he harped on how bad Trubisky was, sometimes saying 'basic rookie mistake', while not making the connection that Fields, being a rookie, will probably make 'basic rookie mistakes'.

I'd add, leading up to the draft he's an excellent follow. Videos can be a bit long, but he often brings forward less common names and makes fresh points which I appreciate. As for the drinks it's a nice touch and obviously has his focus on specific sponsors.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watched the vid a while ago. I respectfully disagree with his assessment, but I do find him entertaining overall. One thing I didn't like is how long he harped on how bad Trubisky was, sometimes saying 'basic rookie mistake', while not making the connection that Fields, being a rookie, will probably make 'basic rookie mistakes'.

I'd add, leading up to the draft he's an excellent follow. Videos can be a bit long, but he often brings forward less common names and makes fresh points which I appreciate. As for the drinks it's a nice touch and obviously has his focus on specific sponsors.
It was a few days ago when I watched this, but I think the context there was that Mitch was still making 'basic rookie mistakes' year 4.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
2005 Orton*

Yeah both Orton (after he left Chicago) and Foles both will take shots down the field but would also simply manage a game to a win if they could .

The difference is Dalton took over a top 5 offense while Orton and Foles took over vastly less talented and productive offenses.

Dalton has been washed for 5 years now and the things people believe Dalton could do is based off memories of what he did 5 years ago . Its like someone saying the Bears should sign Cameron Meredith because the season he had back in 2016 when we all know hes not anywhere close to being the same player as he was back then.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Yeah both Orton (after he left Chicago) and Foles both will take shots down the field but would also simply manage a game to a win if they could .

The difference is Dalton took over a top 5 offense while Orton and Foles took over vastly less talented and productive offenses.

Dalton has been washed for 5 years now and the things people believe Dalton could do is based off memories of what he did 5 years ago . Its like someone saying the Bears should sign Cameron Meredith because the season he had back in 2016 when we all know hes not anywhere close to being the same player as he was back then.
At this stage of his career the 34 year old Dalton looks like a very good backup, someone you can tread water with if your starter goes down and hope you can win 50% of the games until the starter is back.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
definitely. Just saying he makes videos with an agenda. He is selling a product just like anyone else. I love his breakdowns and have seen just about every one of them. I have also seen him be wrong a lot, and I’ve seen him be right a lot.

also curious about his take on the 2nd phase of a play. My understanding is that if the play gets to the ‘2nd phase’ then the play kinda failed. If you make it through your reads and nothing is there then the QB has to make something out of nothing.

making it to the 2nd phase of a play is going to happen, it’s part of the game, but that’s a failure on the play execution, or the play call, or a great play by the defense. Most of this goes on the QB but the coach cannot be exempt from this.

agenda does not mean what you think it does

you seem to think it is a synonym for bias or ulterior motive, but it's not