New Brett Kollmann video out on Fields

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Kid seems to have the right attitude for sure. He went on vacation with the family and instead is seen working out with the boyz. He also said he plans to report to training camp 2 weeks early.

Still can't believe Denver passed on him, lol
Can't believe Denver did either. If Fields is the player this video says he will be, than Denver will be remembered as the idiots who passed on him, much like the Bears are for passing on Mahomes/Watson.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
he has broken down film on the professional level for years now. can anybody on this website say the same?

nobody’s perfect, but his credibility far exceeded anybody’s on here.

definitely. Just saying he makes videos with an agenda. He is selling a product just like anyone else. I love his breakdowns and have seen just about every one of them. I have also seen him be wrong a lot, and I’ve seen him be right a lot.

also curious about his take on the 2nd phase of a play. My understanding is that if the play gets to the ‘2nd phase’ then the play kinda failed. If you make it through your reads and nothing is there then the QB has to make something out of nothing.

making it to the 2nd phase of a play is going to happen, it’s part of the game, but that’s a failure on the play execution, or the play call, or a great play by the defense. Most of this goes on the QB but the coach cannot be exempt from this.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great reminder on why Mitch is gone... Foles should be gone...

Can't wait for Fields to take over.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
definitely. Just saying he makes videos with an agenda. He is selling a product just like anyone else. I love his breakdowns and have seen just about every one of them. I have also seen him be wrong a lot, and I’ve seen him be right a lot.

also curious about his take on the 2nd phase of a play. My understanding is that if the play gets to the ‘2nd phase’ then the play kinda failed. If you make it through your reads and nothing is there then the QB has to make something out of nothing.

making it to the 2nd phase of a play is going to happen, it’s part of the game, but that’s a failure on the play execution, or the play call, or a great play by the defense. Most of this goes on the QB but the coach cannot be exempt from this.
i would say Nagy gets a pass with Foles, I mean I have seen 2 x 4s that can move faster than him.

with Mitch it’s tough to say, how much of that is him getting gun shy from the beatings, how much is that the OL simply getting beat too much, and how much of that is Nagy not choreographing the eventual break downs of plays on occasion not well enough.

i think the last part remains to be seen, common sense dictates we will be improvement there, based on mitch not doing anything right, but we shall see

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going back to his point that Foles was not able to get to the secondary plays when the initial play breaks down.... How is Andy Dalton any different?
Answer: He is not!!
This just isn't rational. If you look at the play Kollman highlighted where there's 15 yards of daylight and Foles gained 2 yards on a scramble, you couldn't possibly lump him and Dalton together athletically.

I'm not saying Dalton is the answer, but conservatively he was a middle tier starting QB for a decade. Bare minimum, he understands how to operate the offense, take what a defense gives, and be that bridge veteran we need until Fields is ready.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cannot wait for the games to start - the mental gymnastics on CCS is going to be more entertaining than the Tokyo Olympics.

???

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

his videos have an agenda?

lol, like they have a point? as in he reviews the available information and comes to a conclusion?

yeah, I guess that's true

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
6:06

“IT WASNT REALLY MATT NAGY’A FAULT”

I have a feeling Fields will prove me right about Nagy, as evidenced by the entire second half of this video.
I have said several times that I believe this is Nagy's last chance to field at least a top 15 offense. If he can do it, I do not mind saying that he came through on his last chance.

I would love it if the Bears end the 2021 season with a franchise QB, a franchise LT and a good to great coach.

Now Halftime would be on suicide watch if that happened.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
gotta say the draft talk nonsense around fields was super strange and wildly unprofessional

all the baseless sniping
Pace must have paid off a ton of draft "experts" to spout that nonsense, but it was worth it to get Fields in the end.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I still can’t believe he fell and the Bears drafted him. I was banging the table for Fields for a few months before the draft.

I had nearly forgotten how thrilled I was that they drafted Fields and how I wouldn’t have to watch Mitch play in a Bears jersey anymore.
I honestly wasn't because I thought there was zero chance of the Bears getting him.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Going back to his point that Foles was not able to get to the secondary plays when the initial play breaks down.... How is Andy Dalton any different?
Answer: He is not!!

If the offensive line gives him anything less than perfect protection we are going to see 100% more check downs, and that will only compress the field and be a detriment to the run game.

I am all for Fields sitting and getting prepared, but I just have a feeling after we lose the first three games and we are preparing for our first game against the Lions, I will be BEGGING for them to start Fields, and I will not be alone :)

Exactly and one thing that basically got ignored in the video is that Cohen who was the the focal point of Nagys offense basically got hurt in the same ATL game that Foles led the comeback in . Now from that point on our new offensive coaches are scrambling trying to figure out the adjustments needed to the offensive system .

Foles is a statue but the run game was bad until after the bye regardless of who started .Its hard to argue secondary plays in Foles case quite simply the opponent knows there is NO running game and the only way the Bears win is Foles throws 40-50 times a game . I dont think anyone here last year this time thought we would need 40--50 attempts from Foles to win games .

I do agree that Fields can fill in all the blanks but I have no idea why anybody thinks Dalton is gonna fare better

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
This just isn't rational. If you look at the play Kollman highlighted where there's 15 yards of daylight and Foles gained 2 yards on a scramble, you couldn't possibly lump him and Dalton together athletically.

I'm not saying Dalton is the answer, but conservatively he was a middle tier starting QB for a decade. Bare minimum, he understands how to operate the offense, take what a defense gives, and be that bridge veteran we need until Fields is ready.
Though Dalton is a better QB than Foles I just don't agree that at this point of his career Dalton is a middle tier quarterback. His game has clearly declined over the last few years. I would say right now his game is that of a good NFL backup.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly and one thing that basically got ignored in the video is that Cohen who was the the focal point of Nagys offense basically got hurt in the same ATL game that Foles led the comeback in . Now from that point on our new offensive coaches are scrambling trying to figure out the adjustments needed to the offensive system .

Foles is a statue but the run game was bad until after the bye regardless of who started .Its hard to argue secondary plays in Foles case quite simply the opponent knows there is NO running game and the only way the Bears win is Foles throws 40-50 times a game . I dont think anyone here last year this time thought we would need 40--50 attempts from Foles to win games .

I do agree that Fields can fill in all the blanks but I have no idea why anybody thinks Dalton is gonna fare better
Simply because he can run enough for a few yards if they give it to him and can read a D better than mitch. He's definitely meh but not the sort of glaring weaknesses that will castrate an O. I'm not a fan but ay least he's functional.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Though Dalton is a better QB than Foles I just don't agree that at this point of his career Dalton is a middle tier quarterback. His game has clearly declined over the last few years. I would say right now his game is that of a good NFL backup.
That's probably why I said he *was* a middle tier QB for a decade.

I don't think we've seen physical decline with Dalton so arguably he's somewhere in the realm of top tier backup to marginal starter. He was in a shit situation in Cincinnati at the end and was a late offseason addition for Dallas who came in behind an awful line, so OTAs and camp will determine where he's actually at.

Objectively, we know Foles was hot garbage behind the Bears line last year when it was in flux. He can't operate without solid protection, so he's a backup in the right situation. Can't imagine anyone looks at him any other way at this point.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
So fresh I havent even gotten to watch it, but his vids are always good so preemptively sharing.

Drink up, gentlemen.

Good video. The criticisms of Fields was not what i saw either. Its good to see someone far, far more knowledgable than me confirm and break it down. I remember a couple years ago hearing about Fields at OSU and all the hype and i thought it was the same bs from another overrated OSU qb. Then i watched him play and the arm talent was obvious. Had absolutely no hope whatsoever that he`d be a Bear. I cant wait till he makes the teams that passed up on him look really foolish.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
The thing I love is that he processes the game so well. I’m psyched and I don’t care about the Bears history at QB. He’s going to break the mold.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Fields is ready now. If he was drafted top 3 (as he should have been) then he'd be the starter from day 1, just like Wilson and Lawrence.

Dalton has significantly more mobility than Foles though. He's not a running threat like Trubisky but he's definitely not a statue like Foles. Dalton can grab 7 yards on a scramble if he needs to.
He'd be starting now on the jaguars or jets. That's their situation. Here he came in as the second string and he's got to win the start.

I honestly don't expect Dalton to hold on for very long. Unless our line and receivers were being held back by shit tier QBing, and Dalton somehow plays at a high level to open the season, I don't see the vet seeing snaps in October. Got your #1 jersey yet?