New Brett Kollmann video out on Fields

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
when the tape never lies breaks down film for the NFLN i’ll believe they’re as qualified as Kollmann
His entire Video INCLUDING advertisement was done before the Tape Never Lies even begins talking football. That BS Intro that they do is not only too long, but it is flat out bad.....

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The analysis of Trubisky and Foles was dead on, from the impact each had on the run game to their inability to create off schedule. I remember the INT that got Trubs benched. It's mind boggling someone with that many starts would make that throw. It's easier to understand now why Nagy gave him the quick hook.

What I didn't realize was how badly Trubisky regressed on deep passes with only an 18% completion percentage and more deep INTs than TDs. I mean, I knew it was bad but my god, that has to be historically bad. The situation at QB is like what we have going on at LT where the addition by subtraction is immediate.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Going back to his point that Foles was not able to get to the secondary plays when the initial play breaks down.... How is Andy Dalton any different?
Answer: He is not!!

If the offensive line gives him anything less than perfect protection we are going to see 100% more check downs, and that will only compress the field and be a detriment to the run game.

I am all for Fields sitting and getting prepared, but I just have a feeling after we lose the first three games and we are preparing for our first game against the Lions, I will be BEGGING for them to start Fields, and I will not be alone :)

Canth

Liked Posts:
Going back to his point that Foles was not able to get to the secondary plays when the initial play breaks down.... How is Andy Dalton any different?

If the offensive line gives him anything less than perfect protection we are going to see 100% more check downs, and that will only compress the field and be a detriment to the run game.

I am all for Fields sitting and getting prepared, but I just have a feeling after we lose the first three games and we are preparing for our first game against the Lions, I will be BEGGING for them to start Fields, and I will not be alone :)

For the most part, I agree with the concern that Dalton is not mobile enough either to keep defense honest against the run. However, I think the hope is that Dalton can diagnose/read the defense quicker and better both pre and post snap. Therefore, he will not need to get to the secondary play as often because he will make a quicker decision and throw to stay on the primary play design.

The other aspect that I think everyone is hoping to see improve regardless of qb is the blocking up front. If they can execute blocking that creates running room without needing your qb to also be a running threat, then that will be a significant improvement that will also help Dalton a lot.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
For the most part, I agree with the concern that Dalton is not mobile enough either to keep defense honest against the run. However, I think the hope is that Dalton can diagnose/read the defense quicker and better both pre and post snap. Therefore, he will not need to get to the secondary play as often because he will make a quicker decision and throw to stay on the primary play design.

The other aspect that I think everyone is hoping to see improve regardless of qb is the blocking up front. If they can execute blocking that creates running room without needing your qb to also be a running threat, then that will be a significant improvement that will also help Dalton a lot.
I mean, I expect Dalton to do better than Foles. Dalton has a quicker release and I expect that to make a huge difference.

I dont know if Dalton will play better than Trubisky. His mobility is top third of the league and covered his ass all the time. Fields, though... Cant wait until he is ready, its going to be a whole different ballgame with Fields in.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i don’t know who to trust, the guy who has and is watching film at the professional level

or random CCS poster
Or instead of being a drone you can form your own opinion using information you've gotten from other people as well as what you've seen?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Totally agree............At this stage of Dalton's career he just a backup, with limited mobility. Whereas Fields is a pocket passer with the ability to extend plays with his legs.

I would love to see Fields start the season if ready, but I think the plan will be to give him a softer landing spot. Lions at home in week 4 followed by the Raiders in week 5 would give Fields two of the weakest defenses Bears will face all season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
any time a thread pops up like this, ppl always gonna bag on the talking head

which is reasonable. when someone is spouting opinions, it's good to question their background and experience and whatever

and even then, ppl are gon get wrong sometimes. just the nature of the game

But I'll tell you, at least Kollman puts in the work. At least he looks at all the bears tape and all the prospect tape before giving his take.

You watch Sims and you can tell that fuck is just repeating rumors and hasnt watched more than a game or 2. Same for a lot of the big names. They tryna have an opinion on everything that happens in the NFL every day. no way they are as prepared to talk about a specific topic as these other guys that spend 2 weeks doing a deep dive

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Or instead of being a drone you can form your own opinion using information you've gotten from other people as well as what you've seen?
i’ve voiced my opinion many times on Nagy.

this is a credible expert basically saying the same thing i have been for i don’t know how long.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I mean, I expect Dalton to do better than Foles. Dalton has a quicker release and I expect that to make a huge difference.

I dont know if Dalton will play better than Trubisky. His mobility is top third of the league and covered his ass all the time. Fields, though... Cant wait until he is ready, its going to be a whole different ballgame with Fields in.
Fields is ready now. If he was drafted top 3 (as he should have been) then he'd be the starter from day 1, just like Wilson and Lawrence.

Dalton has significantly more mobility than Foles though. He's not a running threat like Trubisky but he's definitely not a statue like Foles. Dalton can grab 7 yards on a scramble if he needs to.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Most O-lines, do not find a rhythm until a few games in, so while Leno being gone is addition by subtraction, I think they will have early struggles, and it will get ugly for Dalton real quick. He will be forced to play screens, and quick pass stuff, but that is one of his strengths, so you never know.....

BTW, not bashing the O-line, because I do think they have the potential to be better than last year, just think it might take a few games to get there

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, maybe nagy is trash. But we know for sure the system he runs works.

And I don't think we will ever see another coach get more production out of Trubisky (unless he somehow plays for Josh McD). He deserves some type of credit for that imo.