New for 2018: The CCS Hall of Fame!! Class of 2018 Rules/Finalists Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, I'm not voting for people that have literally abandoned CCS... Why would we reward people that litteraly don't post here anymore. Makes exactly 0 sense.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm voting for HHM, Bearmick, Nvan, and Ares.

(Why should the "staff" decide who is HoF worthy? They are jaded towards certain posters.. let the vote be decided by the people of CCS)

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure I was nominated in the mod forum.

Care to explain why I was left off the list?
Because you weren't in the Top 10 of the nominees. You got one vote for nomination and the voter said half his nominations were serious and half weren't so we didn't count them. So you got either 1 vote for 0 votes. Neither of which put you into the Top 10 or a tie for it.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because we say so.

Would it be against the rules for me to just start an ***OFFICIAL*** version of this thread that carries a little more popular opinion merit?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because you weren't in the Top 10 of the nominees. You got one vote for nomination and the voter said half his nominations were serious and half weren't so we didn't count them. So you got either 1 vote for 0 votes. Neither of which put you into the Top 10 or a tie for it.

Guarantee that mod was Bigfoot lol

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would it be against the rules for me to just start an ***OFFICIAL*** version of this thread that carries a little more popular opinion merit?

Nope. It's also not against the rules for me to delete it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm voting for HHM, Bearmick, Nvan, and Ares.

(Why should the "staff" decide who is HoF worthy? They are jaded towards certain posters.. let the vote be decided by the people of CCS)

Objectively, that's a great group of posters. I don't think many would disagree.

I even nominated posters I don't really agree with on many topics because I thought they were solid overall. The rest of the mods were fair too, imo.

There were a lot of great nominations, but some didn't receive enough voted to crack the top 10.. Although there were a lot of ties for #10.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought BNB was the bar mod.

I'm in charge of the HOF stuff, which was BNB's idea, so via the Modna Carta, I have ability to delete faux HOF threads.

Reactions: BNB

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Objectively, that's a great group of posters. I don't think many would disagree.

I even nominated posters I don't really agree with on many topics because I thought they were solid overall. The rest of the mods were fair too, imo.

There were a lot of great nominations, but some didn't receive enough voted to crack the top 10.. Although there were a lot of ties for #10.

Just weird to see a universally liked and appreciated poster, that meets every single credential, be completely snubbed.

Yes i'm talking about HHM.

He'd easily land a spot, but instead we get this snubbage because of salty staff or whatever the current excuse is.

Whatever, it is what it is, just doesn't seem genuine or fair. Mostly because it isn't.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm in charge of the HOF stuff, which was BNB's idea, so via the Modna Carta, I have ability to delete faux HOF threads.

You'd be deleting this one, as mine would be the ***OFFICIAL*** one, bud.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry, I didn't follow the rules... November is for campaigning, December is for voting. I'll vote again in December :shifty:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, I'm not voting for people that have literally abandoned CCS... Why would we reward people that litteraly don't post here anymore. Makes exactly 0 sense.

That's a legitimate argument to not vote for guys like X and Derosa. I'll consider it when I place my votes in December.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just weird to see a universally liked and appreciated poster, that meets every single credential, be completely snubbed.

Yes i'm talking about HHM.

:aj:

HHM did get a nomination. Just not enough.

The mods had to come up with a list of 10 guys from across every forum from nearly 10 years of posting history. The votes were really spread out. One poster had 8 nominations but other than that 12 posters had between 3 and 6 nominations. Some 2's and a lot of 1's. HHM can wait for 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.