New for 2018: The CCS Hall of Fame!! Class of 2018 Rules/Finalists Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just weird to see a universally liked and appreciated poster, that meets every single credential, be completely snubbed.

Yes i'm talking about HHM.

He'd easily land a spot, but instead we get this snubbage because of salty staff or whatever the current excuse is.

Whatever, it is what it is, just doesn't seem genuine or fair. Mostly because it isn't.

Thanks for caping but I can see why I would be snubbed by a moderator group considering the 3+ permabans I have received over the years for my controversial posting. I will continue to provide premium 5-star content without any sort of hard feelings and look forward to future snubs going forward.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's a legitimate argument to not vote for guys like X and Derosa. I'll consider it when I place my votes in December.

Exactly. If people want to not for guys that's ok. X and Derosa were amazing posters when this place started and up until the stopped. I guess we could have done a class like the first NFL or MLB HOF and just shoved all the legends in then freed it up for current day posters but we wanted the votes to be fair and open on who was getting nominated.

Reactions: BNB

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for caping but I can see why I would be snubbed by a moderator group considering the 3+ permabans I have received over the years for my controversial posting. I will continue to provide premium 5-star content without any sort of hard feelings and look forward to future snubs going forward.

You weren't really snubbed. You just lost to people like fisch.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's a legitimate argument to not vote for guys like X and Derosa. I'll consider it when I place my votes in December.

And Josmin? just looking thru some post history most of it is just him making jokes about how big his dink is.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:aj:

HHM did get a nomination. Just not enough.

The mods had to come up with a list of 10 guys from across every forum from nearly 10 years of posting history. The votes were really spread out. One poster had 8 nominations but other than that 12 posters had between 3 and 6 nominations. Some 2's and a lot of 1's. HHM can wait for 2019.

List would look completely different if everyone nominated, not just staff. It would accurately reflect people that post on CCS. Unless we're doing this like a serious HOF nomination, where posters need to be 5 years removed from CCS before being eligible, then a handful of posters currently up for voting dont belong.

That is my opinion. I doubt i'm even remotely alone.

That is all.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And Josmin? just looking thru some post history most of it is just him making jokes about how big his dink is.

Josmin for years was a tremendous poster in the Cubs and Bulls forum. He had a late career fade, as most greats do but my HOF standard is always looking at "peak" ability.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
A lot of these guys are recognizable to many because they were here during the early days of CCS. You can go back and look at the posts from years ago..

If you can find them. :shifty:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
List would look completely different if everyone nominated, not just staff. It would accurately reflect people that post on CCS. Unless we're doing this like a serious HOF nomination, where posters need to be 5 years removed from CCS before being eligible, then a handful of posters currently up for voting dont belong.

That is all.
Don't care.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm surprised that HHM didn't get past the nominating phase, because we were literally warned about him having a mod in his back pocket.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

That is all.

Threads get derailed after 2 posts. That thread would have been toast as soon as it was created.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just weird to see a universally liked and appreciated poster, that meets every single credential, be completely snubbed.

Yes i'm talking about HHM.

He'd easily land a spot, but instead we get this snubbage because of salty staff or whatever the current excuse is.

Whatever, it is what it is, just doesn't seem genuine or fair. Mostly because it isn't.

HHM did get votes.

In the future, he may get more as the pool will shrink due to other people getting in.

I can only speak for myself... but I didn't nominate HHM for 2 reasons. 1. Whether it was his fault or not (whatever one chooses to believe), he spent a shit ton of time being banned. To me, compared to the guys on the list, that isn't HOF worthy. 2. I was looking at posters as a whole, and while I (honestly) actually enjoy a lot of HHM's posts and find many of them to be humorous, I found his posts in the sports forums to be lacking in substance, if that makes sense.

It wasn't personal at all, and I don't think you should take it personally either.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Josmin actually has a solid history of great posts.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cool story.

We were trying to avoid that.

Cool. We aren't changing anything.

Thanks for the insights.

"Buddy"

Anytime, you guys should hire me.

This might have been easier if you guys did the nominations and votes in the staff forum, instead of opening it up to us plebs.

Apologies for giving my opinion on a thread asking for opinions in the form of votes. Keep beating your chest at me, it's entertaining.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stings don't it?

I guess. Did anyone have any pause about Fisch though? If he gets in and some of the rumors about him turn out to be true, could he be unenshrined?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
HHM did get votes.

In the future, he may get more as the pool will shrink due to other people getting in.

I can only speak for myself... but I didn't nominate HHM for 2 reasons. 1. Whether it was his fault or not (whatever one chooses to believe), he spent a shit ton of time being banned. To me, compared to the guys on the list, that isn't HOF worthy. 2. I was looking at posters as a whole, and while I (honestly) actually enjoy a lot of HHM's posts and find many of them to be humorous, I found his posts in the sports forums to be lacking in substance, if that makes sense.

It wasn't personal at all, and I don't think you should take it personally either.

I didn't nominate HHM because I seriously can't recall anything he ever posted or ever having a conversation with him. Good, bad or, indifferent. Same with Novak, Grimson etc. I admittedly rarely post in the The Bar, so if they are mainly posting in here then that would explain it but that's why I kind of laugh about HHM being universally loved. I don't really love or hate him, I just didn't(don't?) know who he is or anything about his posting history.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
HHM did get votes.

Thank you for this explanation, this makes a lot of sense.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess. Did anyone have any pause about Fisch though? If he gets in and some of the rumors about him turn out to be true, could he be unenshrined?

No.

And what rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.