Status
Not open for further replies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
HHM did get votes.

In the future, he may get more as the pool will shrink due to other people getting in.

I can only speak for myself... but I didn't nominate HHM for 2 reasons. 1. Whether it was his fault or not (whatever one chooses to believe), he spent a shit ton of time being banned. To me, compared to the guys on the list, that isn't HOF worthy. 2. I was looking at posters as a whole, and while I (honestly) actually enjoy a lot of HHM's posts and find many of them to be humorous, I found his posts in the sports forums to be lacking in substance, if that makes sense.

It wasn't personal at all, and I don't think you should take it personally either.

I completely understand and agree with your rationale on this, but will never forgive you.

Reactions: BNB

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anytime, you guys should hire me.

This might have been easier if you guys did the nominations and votes in the staff forum, instead of opening it up to us plebs.

Apologies for giving my opinion on a thread asking for opinions in the form of votes. Keep beating your chest at me, it's entertaining.

I didn't ask for your opinion in the form of votes. I asked people to campaign for the nominated posters. Voting doesn't begin until December. Read better.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't nominate HHM because I seriously can't recall anything he ever posted or ever having a conversation with him. Good, bad or, indifferent. Same with Novak, Grimson etc. I admittedly rarely post in the The Bar, so if they are mainly posting in here then that would explain it but that's why I kind of laugh about HHM being universally loved. I don't really love or hate him, I just didn't(don't?) know who he is or anything about his posting history.

Yeah people tell me that a lot.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here was who I nominated:

bearmick
WindyCity
Ares
airtime143
derosabomb
beckdawg
Onebud34
JosMin
XFactor
RiceCube

My list was exclusively Sports Forum guys because that's what this site is about and that's where I have spent nearly all my time here.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn't ask for your opinion in the form of votes. I asked people to campaign for the nominated posters. Voting doesn't begin until December. Read better.

Well, I'll just start campaigning for the 4 i think are deserving and leave you to... whatever this is then.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, I'll just start campaigning for the 4 i think are deserving and leave you to... whatever this is then.

Thanks for contributing!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

bearmick
WindyCity
Ares
airtime143
derosabomb
beckdawg
Onebud34
JosMin
XFactor
RiceCube

My list was exclusively Sports Forum guys because that's what this site is about and that's where I have spent nearly all my time here.

I feel betrayed.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ares
Bearmick
X-Factor
Code_Blue
airtime

All are great though. I had to give some love to guys who were great at the start (X and Code)

giphy.gif

Thx my dude.

Yea, I actually knew rush from a different board(ACCsportszone I think?), then that board went under and he started this one. Myself, Bigp50, chs, X-factor, dero, and some others helped give this forum some initial activity and it continued to grow over time, and with the CBMB merger the Bears board exploded.

X-factor was one of the most active posters when this forum started and I think his status as one of the OGs gives him a strong case for HOF

Same with Dero. And Dero was probably the funniest poster on this board pre-CBMB IMO.

JosMin was and still is a quality poster who has in-depth knowledge when it comes to the Cubs, Bulls, Bears,etc. From what I know, he's also been involved with CCS(or hung out with CCS people like Zack)outside of the message board. Also a pretty funny poster. I think he has a strong case as well.

I'm not around nearly as much as I used to be(hell, I was pretty much completely absent from late 2013 to most of 2017), and I find myself more sporadically in The Bar and B&I at this point, but I do in fact still post here from time to time ;)

This may not be popular with some of the CBMB guys, but I think the first class should be more of the older guys, especially since a few of them don't post at all anymore and will probably have less of a shot of getting in as the years go by. But that doesn't mean they didn't play key roles in CCS's early years.

My picks are:

CODE_BLUE56:)kanye:)
JosMin
nwfisch
X-Factor
Dero

I also think everyone listed should and hopefully will get in. Thanks for putting this together BNB and FT!

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I feel betrayed.

Yeah, sorry. Had some tough cuts in there but I really tried to mix my list with poster who have left us to try to get the "old guard" (Halas types) in before moving on to the newer posters.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This may not be popular with some of the CBMB guys, but I think the first class should be more of the older guys, especially since a few of them don't post at all anymore and will probably have less of a shot of getting in as the years go by. But that doesn't mean they didn't play key roles in CCS's early years.

I also think everyone listed should and hopefully will get in. Thanks for putting this together BNB and FT!
To the bolded I had the same thoughts as well.

Voting will start in December so we will see what happens.

I've been posting with Rush for years, dating back to MaddenMania, then Digital Sports Mania, then VSN, and now CCS. Rush is some kind of common link ancestor for about 25 sports/video game forums.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't nominate HHM because I seriously can't recall anything he ever posted or ever having a conversation with him. Good, bad or, indifferent. Same with Novak, Grimson etc. I admittedly rarely post in the The Bar, so if they are mainly posting in here then that would explain it but that's why I kind of laugh about HHM being universally loved. I don't really love or hate him, I just didn't(don't?) know who he is or anything about his posting history.

How did you miss the Gravy vs Sauce debate?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

bearmick
WindyCity
Ares
airtime143
derosabomb
beckdawg
Onebud34
JosMin
XFactor
RiceCube

Good list. I forgot about Rice Cube! I honestly think he has a good case for HOF.

Some other older guys that I think of off the top of my head are ClydeLee and Captain Iago. Not sure if they're eligible but both very good posters.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's talking about my story about fisch from page 1, however, it is no rumor. It is 100% true.

Mine's true as well. I'm not here to spread unsubstantiated rumors but @Ares might have more to share on this...

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's talking about my story about fisch from page 1, however, it is no rumor. It is 100% true.

Oh, yeah. He's a creep. I have him blocked on FB as well. But he's a classic. I guess he'd be the Ty Cobb of this class if he gets in. Universally hated but still can't really ignore what he did while here.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good list. I forgot about Rice Cube! I honestly think he has a good case for HOF.

Some other older guys that I think of off the top of my head are ClydeLee and Captain Iago. Not sure if they're eligible but both very good posters.

Captain Iago I don't have much memory of. I htink he was mainly a B'Hawks forum poster right? ClydeLee was a near miss for me.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How did you miss the Gravy vs Sauce debate?

He probably never clicked on any foodblogthreads in the bears forum over the years. It was all in one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.