"NFL Executives" Grade Every Team's Offseason ESPN

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Trying to predict how nfl teams will perform based on free agency/drafts is insane. The Packers were what? 4-1 when Rodgers went down and they went in the shitter. The season before last the Vikings got beat up and went 8-8.
It's good to try to project how talent will develop, but health and just plain good luck play a big part.
The only thing I care about is the Bears being better, NFL representative better. The last fucking decade has been embarrassing. I want to at least enjoy watching my team on Sunday.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO, same clueless responses from the same group every time. News flash, it's not talking smack when you say a team is slightly better than a dumpster fire.

Sure the Bears have sucked, does it make a dumbass Lions fan feel all that smart to come here chirping? You are such a fucking idiot. I think you'd have more fun trolling the GB board...team is squandering Rogers talent big time. As shown last year when the DeToilet Leons were in position to make the POs they croaked...poor team character, poor leadership(Stafford is loser). Go chirp at your fellow Lions fans on their MB or were you banned for being such an asshole, would explain why you come here.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure the Bears have sucked, does it make a dumbass Lions fan feel all that smart to come here chirping? You are such a fucking idiot. I think you'd have more fun trolling the GB board...team is squandering Rogers talent big time. As shown last year when the DeToilet Leons were in position to make the POs they croaked...poor team character, poor leadership(Stafford is loser). Go chirp at your fellow Lions fans on their MB or were you banned for being such an asshole, would explain why you come here.

Sheesh, Sparky . . . Anger management much? . . .

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LMAO, same clueless responses from the same group every time. News flash, it's not talking smack when you say a team is slightly better than a dumpster fire.

Slightly better? Meh Lions still havent won a post season game yet and are stuck in NFL purgatory

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tenor.gif

Bears fans have been saying that for the last three years, so is this the year?

Not really, beating the Lions has never been some pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Nobody here has been saying I sure hope we beat the Lions this year, it would make the season :lmao: As bad as the Bears have been some of the losses to the Lions were very close and were opportunities squandered by bad Bears teams. Not really brag worthy but to you it's golden...:cum:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

this is what I said, spunkydicklicker:

"What step back have the Lions taken though? Their offense will be better, should have at least some semblance of a running game and a better non injured O-line, a 2nd year WR with a huge upside (golladay) same OC, so continuity there (just like Bears D). They will still struggle defensively, but a top ten Offense will at least keep them .500 or slightly above. If the Bears do overtake the Lions, it will because they leap frogged them, but I don't see a step back, barring a significant injury (Stafford). I think GB is the team that is most likely to disappoint expectations."

This is a troll? You thin skinned mommy's boy? Grow a pair will you?

the only idiots are the ones that repeat the same old mantra year after year, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
Agreed. But I think the Bears are the least established obviously. It’s hard to see the Vikings going anywhere anytime soon, that roster is stacked with great young homegrown talent. GB doesn’t look like the juggernaut that they’ve been onnoffense as of late, and the Lions are the Lions. I have a feeling DET takes some steps back and fall back to the cellar of the NFCN.

The "I have a feeling" or, " I think we can". based on what exactly? Homers come out here and cry their fool heads off about some NFL executives handing out anything less that an "A" grade for the Bears offseason, cry to the high heavens because all these NFL Executives are doing is speculating, and then turn right around and post useless drivel like " I have a feeling, or, " I think we can" crapola in the next breath.

LMFAO

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sheesh, Sparky . . . Anger management much? . . .

Careful you old witch judging by your pic you should be in your rocking chair calmly waiting for Family Feud...now just go away so you don't stroke out.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is what i said, spunkydicklicker:

"what step back have the lions taken though? Their offense will be better, should have at least some semblance of a running game and a better non injured o-line, a 2nd year wr with a huge upside (golladay) same oc, so continuity there (just like bears d). They will still struggle defensively, but a top ten offense will at least keep them .500 or slightly above. If the bears do overtake the lions, it will because they leap frogged them, but i don't see a step back, barring a significant injury (stafford). I think gb is the team that is most likely to disappoint expectations."

this is a troll? You thin skinned mommy's boy? Grow a pair will you?

The only idiots are the ones that repeat the same old mantra year after year, like this:

The "i have a feeling" or, " i think we can". Based on what exactly? Homers come out here and cry their fool heads off about some nfl executives handing out anything less that an "a" grade for the bears offseason, cry to the high heavens because all these nfl executives are doing is speculating, and then turn right around and post useless drivel like " i have a feeling, or, " i think we can" crapola in the next breath.

Lmfao

tldr

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

"What step back have the Lions taken though? Their offense will be better, should have at least some semblance of a running game and a better non injured O-line, a 2nd year WR with a huge upside (golladay) same OC, so continuity there (just like Bears D). They will still struggle defensively, but a top ten Offense will at least keep them .500 or slightly above. If the Bears do overtake the Lions, it will because they leap frogged them, but I don't see a step back, barring a significant injury (Stafford). I think GB is the team that is most likely to disappoint expectations."

the only idiots are the ones that repeat the same old mantra year after year, like this:

The "I have a feeling" or, " I think we can". based on what exactly? Homers come out here and cry their fool heads off about some NFL executives handing out anything less that an "A" grade for the Bears offseason, cry to the high heavens because all these NFL Executives are doing is speculating, and then turn right around and post useless drivel like " I have a feeling, or, " I think we can" crapola in the next breath.

LMFAO

The offense will be the same. Blount is hit or miss, the picture of inconsistency, plus he is 31. Stafford still can't win a big game if his life depended on it. OL is still a weakness, D is blah. This is agreed by many of the Lions fans I know that live around me and echoed on the people who call in on the ticket. 7-9 will be the Lions, we will be 8-8.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
It's a fair grade. I feel they had a good offseason but it's fair to remain skeptical seeing how much of a shit show this team has been in the past.

Shitty methodology then. They're supposed to grade a team's off season, not their entire history or even what they did last year.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

jesus christ. he didn't even say anything. why are you freaking out? you're the one acting like a fucking asshole right now.

what the fuck is happening around here? all signs are pointing up for bears but people are getting all militant up in here.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
jesus christ. he didn't even say anything. why are you freaking out? you're the one acting like a fucking asshole right now.

what the fuck is happening around here? all signs are pointing up for bears but people are getting all militant up in here.

Lions fan trolling Bears MB for a few seasons...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense will be the same. Blount is hit or miss, the picture of inconsistency, plus he is 31. Stafford still can't win a big game if his life depended on it. OL is still a weakness, D is blah. This is agreed by many of the Lions fans I know that live around me and echoed on the people who call in on the ticket. 7-9 will be the Lions, we will be 8-8.

Offense won't be the same. They have a good 2nd year WR that has amazing hands, giving them three legit targets causing opposing defense's fits. O-line struggled a lot last year yes, their starting left tackle was out half the year, replaced by a god awful one (Greg Robinson). Rick Wagner finished as the fifth highest graded right tackle by Pro Football Focus. T.J. Lang was eighth among right guards, and second-year lineman Graham Glasgow was eighth among centers. The problem was the starting o-line had a sum total of 10-15 snaps together for the whole season.The Lions had 10 different starting offensive line combinations in 16 games last season, the most in the NFL. Just being healthy would be a big improvement, not to mention they spent a 1st round draft pick on Ragnow, a center/guard and a second round pick on a RB, which will be by committee, with Blount/Johnson/Riddick sharing most of the duties. Your right on the defense though, still highly suspect, but solid in the secondary, Slay is more than up top the task of covering Robinson. Nobody really knows what to expect out of the D, Patricia has done some amazing things with just good players. As for Stafford struggling to win big games, not sure what that has to do with projecting who finish's ahead of who in the North. I get the optimism, but the chances that all the Bears draft picks will be an instant success, coupled with the fact their new HC will be the hands on best coaching hire of the off-season, meanwhile all the other teams in the division will have missed on theirs, is pie-in-the-sky optimism.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Shut the fuck up

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Shitty methodology then. They're supposed to grade a team's off season, not their entire history or even what they did last year.

You still have to factor that. the browns had a roster overhaul and looks like they had a good offseason. Still they are the browns and you don't want to give them a high grade. the bears are the same.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Part of my point is that if the Bears got a B- for their offseason, I have a hard time believing any other team got an A or A+ for improving their team.

The Bears turned one of the worst WR corps in the league into something more than respectable (and picked up arguable the top WR FA), got younger on the OL with Daniels, Kush should be coming back.

The Bears also got great value and great talent with the 1st 3 draft picks, which was pretty universally applauded.

Most critics I read from said the Transition Tag move on Fuller was brilliant, i.e. bringing him back was a good idea, not questionable.

I don't see how you can say we are lacking WR depth, I completely disagree. The one hole this team has is OLB.

Pace did pretty much everything he should have done, and did it well (this offseason). There's a lot of room in between a B- and an A regardjng the typical grading scheme. IMO, B- sounds low. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah if you want to argue they should be higher then ok. I'm not really fighting that just saying that outside of the Gabriel non sequiter they didn't really "assume outcome", ie. saying that they question the DBs lining up against the WRs in the North is not assuming the DBs will get beat but questioning the GM banking on the DBs as they are and not upgrading that position in the offseason. That question isn't wholly without merit since many wanted a stud CB in the draft but none was really worthy of #8 and none existed past that point.

I get why guys like you would give Pace a pass for that since he didn't exactly turn away any stud DBs in FA or the draft, but when grading the offseason you look at the questionable parts and that is one and so are the others they mentioned imo. Anyway, for myself I could not possibly agree or disagree with the grade since I do not know real possibilities for what any GM could have/should have done and these "NFL execs" would have access to what could have been done. That doesn't mean I trust they would be forthright about it even if they were anonymous though.

Bottom line I like what Pace did this offseason and I can't wait for the real grade of this offseason - improving week by week and winning more games. Cheers!

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

LMFAO

I kind of agree with you on the North. I think the Vikings take it, the Lions hold serve at .500-ish or just above or just below barring injuries and I think GB struggles keeping pace with Detroit looking awesome at times and looking bad at times but as long as Rodgers is slinging and keeps his head (it's uncanny to me how he stays R-E-L-A-X consistently with all the shit he endures up there), I can't get hopeful the Bears overtake them either. What the Bears do is a mystery to me. I can see everything from 5 - 11 to 10 - 6. I can see the reasoning behind why and how each opposite end of that spectrum is achieved.

Also, on a side note, I enjoy the shit talking between fans of opposing teams. Your posts and the angry Bears fans that get worked up by you are funny as hell to me.

GO BEARS!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kind of agree with you on the North. I think the Vikings take it, the Lions hold serve at .500-ish or just above or just below barring injuries and I think GB struggles keeping pace with Detroit looking awesome at times and looking bad at times but as long as Rodgers is slinging and keeps his head (it's uncanny to me how he stays R-E-L-A-X consistently with all the shit he endures up there), I can't get hopeful the Bears overtake them either. What the Bears do is a mystery to me. I can see everything from 5 - 11 to 10 - 6. I can see the reasoning behind why and how each opposite end of that spectrum is achieved.

Also, on a side note, I enjoy the shit talking between fans of opposing teams. Your posts and the angry Bears fans that get worked up by you are funny as hell to me.

GO BEARS!

Seldom do I start out talking shit, just bring up a few things, such as I did in this thread. Several people on this forum get their panties all in a bunch when I point out some of their conceptions about the Lions (or any other North team for that matter) are just wrong. It's almost always them that start out taking it down to the shit talking path, but hey, if that is what they want, I can play that game.