NFL Recommended Head Coaches

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Most intriguing on the list for me is Nagy.

Shurmur seems like a pick right up the McCaskey's alley though. He's had HC experience, has a good track record with offenses and a pretty plain vanilla dude. I like what he has done in MN, but I fear he might be one of those guys that is just a really good coordinator and not a good HC. I watched an interview with him the other day where he was talking about the 2011 draft and why the Browns decided to trade the #6 overall pick to ATL. ATL selected Julio Jones and the Browns moved down and selected Phillip Taylor and then Greg Little in the 2nd. Ouch.

I'd be cool with Patricia too. Long track record with NE and has been a coordinator since 2012. 3 SB rings. Do I know that he will be a good HC? No, but can you go wrong taking a swing on BB's protege?

I don't think Vrabel is ready. If he is, then I'd expect the Texans to hire him as HC if they really do fire BOB.

Rest of the guys I'm pretty meh on.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have mentioned Swartz as a dark horse candidate awhile ago, about got laughed off the thread. He checks a lot of box's some of the others don't. Second time around might be he charm. Other than being a DC, he is about the Polar opposite of Fox.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have someone in mind? If you've stated it, I didn't see it. Honest question. Not a big fan of any of the names being thrown around myself, but that more has to do with lack of faith in the organization to find a talented head coach.

McDaniels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
McDaniels

The question McDaniels needs to answer is can he be a leader of men. He failed miserably at it last time. And you probably don't have to lead much on a team with Tom Brady and BB as head coach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have mentioned Swartz as a dark horse candidate awhile ago, about got laughed off the thread. He checks a lot of box's some of the others don't. Second time around might be he charm. Other than being a DC, he is about the Polar opposite of Fox.

I agree he checks a lot of the boxes..... but he's such a cunt. Remember this?

harbaugh.gif

the meatballs will love the fire and passion though.

giphy.gif

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree he checks a lot of the boxes..... but he's such a cunt. Remember this?

harbaugh.gif

LOL, I see two cunts there........

Seriously though, players love him. I remember a story about when he first got the HC job for the Lions, taking over an 0-16 team. He spent the night prior to FA in Stephen Tullocks driveway, so that when the clock struck midnight, he was at his door convincing him to come to the Lions (not an easy task). He took a talentless 0-16 team, and in three years had them in the playoffs at 10-6. And look what Fox has done......

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The question McDaniels needs to answer is can he be a leader of men. He failed miserably at it last time. And you probably don't have to lead much on a team with Tom Brady and BB as head coach.
Don't think you can change who you are that much from this. Pass.

[video=youtube_share;wiwdHRSBSSg]https://youtu.be/wiwdHRSBSSg[/video]

Nick80

Liked Posts:
No Gruden? No Cowher? Patricia looks like a real coach, but does he yell? The rest of the list is a nerdfest. Having a coach that looks and acts like Ditka is the only way to return to the big show.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't think you can change who you are that much from this. Pass.

[video=youtube_share;wiwdHRSBSSg]https://youtu.be/wiwdHRSBSSg[/video]

People can grow and change so I'm not going to completely write him off. If I was Pace I'd interview him. But his ability to lead would be my #1 question.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No Gruden? No Cowher? Patricia looks like a real coach, but does he yell? The rest of the list is a nerdfest. Having a coach that looks and acts like Ditka is the only way to return to the big show.

It's a list of people in the NFL currently.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Campbell is a real interesting name. He's technically second-in-command in New Orleans which is saying something.

He has the leadership qualities you seek in a head coach; a Bill Parcells guy and has now been working with another Parcells guy in Sean Payton.

Idk how good his x's and o's are but if he can assemble a great cast of assistants around him, he may very well be in the mix. The Saints connection is intriguing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mcdaniels
Shurmur
Schwartz-rather not have a defensive minded hc but he would at least be entertaining lol

http://espn.com/blog/philadelphia-e...o-jim-schwartz-among-head-coaching-candidates

PHILADELPHIA -- Success comes at a cost in the NFL, and it appears the 12-2 Philadelphia Eagles are about to pony up.

Multiple Eagles assistant coaches, including quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo and defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, are considered head coaching candidates. With around eight head coaching positions expected to be available -- a higher number than usual -- the chances are even greater that one or more members of the Eagles' staff gets plucked.

Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, who has seen Carson Wentz blossom under his watch, has the reputation of a coach on the rise. Photo by Bill Streicher/USA TODAY Sports
DeFilippo has been the day-to-day overseer of the development of quarterback Carson Wentz, who blossomed into an MVP candidate in the second year of his career before tearing his left ACL in Week 14 against the Los Angeles Rams. The Eagles' brass has been reaping the benefits from their decision to load the staff up with QB experts (head coach Doug Pederson, offensive coordinator Frank Reich, DeFilippo). It's a good bet that other teams around the league will copy this approach, especially those that have a young quarterback prospect on the roster or plan on acquiring one this offseason. That should lead to a solid market for DeFilippo's services and possibly generate interest for Reich as well.

There's also the Sean McVay factor to consider. With the instant impact he has had with the Rams, teams will be all the more interested in trying to find the next young star in the profession. DeFilippo is 39 and has the reputation of a coach on the rise. While making the jump from QB coach to head coach is not common, he does have a year as an offensive coordinator (Cleveland Browns, 2015) under his belt.

Three teams to keep in mind should the jobs become available are the Chicago Bears, Arizona Cardinals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The New York Giants also could give DeFilippo an interview. They rarely hire head coaches who don't have a history with the organization. DeFilippo served as their offensive quality control coordinator in 2005-06.

Guide To The NFL Coaching Carousel

Schwartz is expected to get some consideration. Plenty of water has run under the bridge since his five-year stint as Detroit Lions head coach, which included a significant high (breaking a 12-year playoff drought in 2011), too many lows (he went 29-51 overall) and a little feather-ruffling along the way. He has since found success as a defensive coordinator in Buffalo, and Philly and has swung the momentum back in his favor on the head coaching front. That momentum can be fickle, however. The Eagles' defense has fallen off a bit over the last few weeks. While it seems crazy to think a coach's chances of landing a job can rise and sink based on a couple of games late in the season, that is often the reality. A strong finish certainly won't hurt.

"I'll pass on that question," Schwartz said recently when asked if he aspires to be a head coach again. "There is really no right way to answer that. If you answer it and say, ‘Yes,’ then your eyes are on the wrong thing. You answer it and say, ‘No,’ then people -- it's just not the right time or place to talk about that stuff."

The Eagles still have some business at hand. A win over the Oakland Raiders at home on Christmas night ensures that they'll have home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. Once that's locked up, the assistants can turn a half-eye toward prepping for job interviews. Since the Eagles have a first-round bye, prospective head coaches will be able to schedule meetings during the week leading up to the wild-card round if called upon. Even so, the timing always is a bit awkward, with coaches having to get ready for both the most meaningful games of the season and the most important interviews of their professional lives. But it all comes with the territory when you're winning.

"Having gone through that as an assistant coach [with the Kansas City Chiefs], the biggest thing is you don't let it become a distraction to you as a coach," Pederson said. "We still have a lot of football ahead of us going forward. My assistants have done a nice job of sort of blocking that out right now and just focusing on the job at hand and the task at hand.

"I think any time you have success, names are going to be mentioned, names are going to be brought up, and it's a credit to how they are doing coaching their position. But I do feel that they can't let it become a distraction to what we're trying to get accomplished this year."
===================================================

I'm not saying i want either of one of DeFilippo or Swartz but just saw the article on espn and figured i'd post it here.

My list is actually pretty long cause i think there's some very interesting options this year.

Jim Harbaugh--i'm pretty sure he'll always be my #1 target
P.Shurmur--Really love the job he's doing with Minny with Keenum and after losing D.Cook and like what he did when in Clev
D.Toub--i think with the right OC and DC that Toub could be a really good HC in the NFL
M.LaFluer--I really like the HC's he's worked under with K.Shanahan and S.McVay and would think his offensive mind could be great for Trubs.
M.Nagy--Andy Reid tree

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

As Belichick learned and then changed his philosophy after Cleveland, I think McDaniels learned a lot from his failed stint as HC and even more during the extra time spent with Belichick, who gladly took him back, since.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
For anyone wondering, the list comes from these guys-

Tony Dungy, Charley Casserly, Carl Peterson, Bill Polian, Jimmy Raye Sr., James “Shack” Harris, Ernie Accorsi, Dick Daniels, and John Madden.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most intriguing on the list for me is Nagy.

Shurmur seems like a pick right up the McCaskey's alley though. He's had HC experience, has a good track record with offenses and a pretty plain vanilla dude. I like what he has done in MN, but I fear he might be one of those guys that is just a really good coordinator and not a good HC. I watched an interview with him the other day where he was talking about the 2011 draft and why the Browns decided to trade the #6 overall pick to ATL. ATL selected Julio Jones and the Browns moved down and selected Phillip Taylor and then Greg Little in the 2nd. Ouch.

I'd be cool with Patricia too. Long track record with NE and has been a coordinator since 2012. 3 SB rings. Do I know that he will be a good HC? No, but can you go wrong taking a swing on BB's protege?

I don't think Vrabel is ready. If he is, then I'd expect the Texans to hire him as HC if they really do fire BOB.

Rest of the guys I'm pretty meh on.

yes you can. Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crenel. Not saying Patricia will end up like them, but it's possible

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
People can grow and change so I'm not going to completely write him off. If I was Pace I'd interview him. But his ability to lead would be my #1 question.
Yeah, but I saw a player interview that said absolutely zero players wanted to win for him and that he was the most despised coach he had ever encountered. Grow maybe, but go from worst ever regarded to a HC that could be great I doubt. Have you ever met an asshole that in midlife suddenly became a great guy? I haven't.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, but man... no for me to McDaniel's. Million times no, but what the fuck do I know from my computer anyways.

About as much as me I suppose. Coaches much harder than players to form a strong opinion on from a fan’s viewpoint. Basically have to just go on intuition.