Nick Young chimes in on the QB situation

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude, the Bears have only put a "meaningful investment" into three QBs in the last twenty years. That is a far worse problem than the color of their complexion.
Which QBs? Mitch and Cutler after the 2011 season is all I can think of. Are we counting Rex?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I would count a first round pick as a meaningful investment.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the McCaskeys were racist enough to prevent the team from signing a black QB I would have to think that they would have stepped in on the Lovie hire. I suppose it could be that multiple regimes/GMs/Coaches were all individually super racists, but most likely the Bears having less than their share of recent black QBs is more of an aberration.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am curious when was the last time the bears drafted a black QB though? I'm not talking about in late rounds either

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, the Bears have only put a "meaningful investment" into three QBs in the last twenty years. That is a far worse problem than the color of their complexion.

this is the correct answer...

why anyone is more concerned about the quota of black Bears quarterbacks over the quality is beyond me.

The Bears have missed out on choosing and developing quarterbacks no matter what their color is....

If we are worried about it, there has been a lack of Asian Bears quarterbacks as well.......when was the last time the Bears made a meaningful investment in an Asian Quarterback?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I am curious when was the last time the bears drafted a black QB though? I'm not talking about in late rounds either
Vince Evans, 1977. I also remember hearing they wanted Culpepper but got jumped in the process. Then again I don't see the point in this. There's nothing that would make me feel better about drafting Deshone Kizer or EJ Manuel.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Vince Evans, 1977. I also remember hearing they wanted Culpepper but got jumped in the process. Then again I don't see the point in this. There's nothing that would make me feel better about drafting Deshone Kizer or EJ Manuel.
Oh 1977 lol.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

again, why are we worried about the color of the quarterback? Would it make everyone feel better if we had drafted JaMarcus Russell just so we could have had a "meaningful investment"

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think the only thing worse than drafting a player because of the color of their skin to prove you're not racist is to not draft a player because of the color of their skin to prove you are racist.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
again, why are we worried about the color of the quarterback? Would it make everyone feel better if we had drafted JaMarcus Russell just so we could have had a "meaningful investment"
Meh I was just curious. As a black man I would love to see a black qb behind center but only if he is good

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are taking about the Bears organization as a whole, they were one of the first NFL teams to start a black quarterback.....

how about we concentrate on getting a successful QB no matter what his skin color is?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Meh I was just curious. As a black man I would love to see a black qb behind center but only if he is good

I just wonder why they keep on passing up on Black QBs recently, who are well scouted by other teams. Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, meanwhile paying hefty prices for mediocre talent they've gone with over that time. They don't even have black backups, but old af dudes who can't even play.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They also DIDN'T EVEN MEET WITH HIM.
yes they did...they hid a private meeting with him......

a lie travels half way around the world ...something something