Nick Young chimes in on the QB situation

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yes they did...they hid a private meeting with him......

a lie travels half way around the world ...something something

sorry was unaware. why did they meet with him though?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
sorry was unaware. why did they meet with him though?
they met him at the combine and choose to not talk about it....

this staff has a history of not saying shit....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

They sure did talk about all the wining and dining of Mitch lol. Weird to me that a consensus round 1 QB need team like the Bears would choose to be secretive about meeting with the #1 qb in the draft they weren't going to pick. Kinda bad optics imo...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They sure did talk about all the wining and dining of Mitch lol. Weird to me that a consensus round 1 QB need team like the Bears would choose to be secretive about meeting with the #1 qb in the draft they weren't going to pick. Kinda bad optics imo...

that was after the fact...they kept the Trubisky meeting a secret until after the draft

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that was after the fact...they kept the Trubisky meeting a secret until after the draft

How long did they keep this combine "meeting" with Watson under wraps?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Dude, the Bears have only put a "meaningful investment" into three QBs in the last twenty years. That is a far worse problem than the color of their complexion.
Agree 100%, I think the Bears just suck at picking the right QB regardless of color. Chris Young is implying that the Bears FO might have a bias towards non-black QBs, but the rest of the roster is actually about 75% minority. Now the coaching staff is currently about 60% Caucasian, so does that imply that there is a bias in the ownership? Perhaps considering that Lovie Smith has been the only black HC for the Bears.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Nobody seems to remember that the Bears whole schtick in 2017 was to pretend they wanted Solomon Thomas and get everyone to think they felt like the quarterback position was addressed with Mike Glennon. Then they traded up anyways and got a player that I guess at least wasn't appreciably worse than Solomon Thomas.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
How long did they keep this combine "meeting" with Watson under wraps?

when people started complaining about the Bears not drafting Watson....Watson saying Bears did not meet with him.....

Bears did not schedule a one one one official meeting, they did speak with him at combine....

Bears were keeping their interest in QBs publicly at a minimum......

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I mean Virginia is a 98 year old white lady....
Bears have a lot dinosaur way of thinking when it comes to how to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a dinosaur way of thinking when it came to QBs. Not saying it's true just saying I wouldn't be suprised.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody seems to remember that the Bears whole schtick in 2017 was to pretend they wanted Solomon Thomas and get everyone to think they felt like the quarterback position was addressed with Mike Glennon. Then they traded up anyways and got a player that I guess at least wasn't appreciably worse than Solomon Thomas.

this.....Bears had zero intention of Glennon as the answer at QB although they wanted people to believe that...The Bears were drafting a QB and they wanted no one to know it. Remember all the dumb comparisons to Matt Ryan?

What the Bears were guilty of was scouting improperly and then subsequent failure to develop....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
when people started complaining about the Bears not drafting Watson....Watson saying Bears did not meet with him.....

Bears did not schedule a one one one official meeting, they did speak with him at combine....

Bears were keeping their interest in QBs publicly at a minimum......

so they didn't meet with him they just talked to him at the combine? @zack54attack could talk to players at the combine lol

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
The bears were actually one of the first teams in the NFL to start a black quarterback in Vince Evans. He spent 6 seasons with the Bears until he jumped to the USFL. He lost his starting job to McMahon and didn't want to be a backup. Since Evans the Bears have had a number of black quarterbacks that started for them. As an organization, I don't believe the Bears are racists when it comes to the quarterback position. I don't know if it played a part in Pace selecting Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes, but I hope not.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
to be fair to Nick Young, those acquisitions are many years old and irrelevant today. when was the last time the Bears made a meaningful investment in a black QB?
So the McCaskey’s have recently turned racist...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean Virginia is a 98 year old white lady....
Bears have a lot dinosaur way of thinking when it comes to how to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a dinosaur way of thinking when it came to QBs. Not saying it's true just saying I wouldn't be suprised.

fuckin whitey am i right?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears were actually one of the first teams in the NFL to start a black quarterback in Vince Evans. He spent 6 seasons with the Bears until he jumped to the USFL. He lost his starting job to McMahon and didn't want to be a backup. Since Evans the Bears have had a number of black quarterbacks that started for them. As an organization, I don't believe the Bears are racists when it comes to the quarterback position. I don't know if it played a part in Pace selecting Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes, but I hope not.

Willie Thrower has that distinction for the Bears

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
so they didn't meet with him they just talked to him at the combine? @zack54attack could talk to players at the combine lol

there are different levels of meeting...

Are we to conclude the Bears are racist because they didn't have an official meeting with Watson....a player that quite a few teams passed on?

Or is it more likely they suck at judging talent and missjudged Watson like many other teams did?

I mean its not like the Bears hired a black head coach to run the entire team for almost a decade...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I was going to post something on the longer-ish side, but then I realized we are talking about Swaggy P. For the life of me I read this as Nick Wright, who is a confirmed idiot.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
there are different levels of meeting...

Are we to conclude the Bears are racist because they didn't have an official meeting with Watson....a player that quite a few teams passed on?

Or is it more likely they suck at judging talent and missjudged Watson like many other teams did?

I mean its not like the Bears hired a black head coach to run the entire team for almost a decade...
i wasn't concluding much just curious. sounds like a non-meeting to me.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Willie Thrower has that distinction for the Bears
That was before my time...lol...but even though Thrower played a couple of games for the bears I don't believe he ever started.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was before my time...lol...but even though Thrower played a couple of games for the bears I don't believe he ever started.
youre right, he replaced Blanda in a game