Nick Young chimes in on the QB situation

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
i wasn't concluding much just curious. sounds like a non-meeting to me.

a non-meeting meeting at the combine...they met with him at the combine

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears did not show interest in Watson because like other teams they scouted him poorly and misjudged him...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
a non-meeting meeting at the combine...they met with him at the combine
While they were at the combine they said hey to the consensus first off the board QB in the draft. Cool.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
fuckin whitey am i right?
I'm just opening up the possibility not saying it's true. I have a different viewpoint because the only black QB I've seen play is Campbell and he got 1 start.

The fact that we have to go all the way back to guys like Evans and Stewart is it wrong for me to assume that's suspect?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
to be fair to Nick Young, those acquisitions are many years old and irrelevant today. when was the last time the Bears made a meaningful investment in a black QB?

IDK about "meaningful" but the last time we actually drafted a blk Qb was 1977 Vince Evans ( and GM Jim Finks wanted him to change positions. So Evans had to write in his contract no change from Qb. True story). Evans had a laser arm. At one point
he and wr James Scott.....led the NFL in yards per catch. Evans was always throwing bombs to Scott. THEN the Bears let
Scott go to Canada ?

LOL Evans once had to play with Wr Brian Bashnagel, who had a caste on his arm. Now the sad thing is Bashnagel was the Bears best wr at that time. ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"consensus"

He was drafted 12th.....that doesn't scream consensus
i know you just want to argue but didn't the majority of scouts say he was #1 QB or am I just trying to argue?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just opening up the possibility not saying it's true. I have a different viewpoint because the only black QB I've seen play is Campbell and he got 1 start.

The fact that we have to go all the way back to guys like Evans and Stewart is it wrong for me to assume that's suspect?

If there was a history of recent Bears racism sure, but I find it hard to see that when they had a long time black head coach that Virginia supposedly adored and everything the Bears do for the Chicago disadvantaged youth....

Casually throwing out racism on an org that has done what the Bears have is a little ignorant.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
i know you just want to argue but didn't the majority of scouts say he was #1 QB or am I just trying to argue?

There was little consensus. If Watson was supposedly a sure fire number 1 he would have been drafted as such.

Don't mistake what TV draftniks say vs the reality of what teams do.

If Watson was a can't miss number 1 he would have been drafted as such.

A lot of people had Trubisky rated 1.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nobody seems to remember that the Bears whole schtick in 2017 was to pretend they wanted Solomon Thomas and get everyone to think they felt like the quarterback position was addressed with Mike Glennon. Then they traded up anyways and got a player that I guess at least wasn't appreciably worse than Solomon Thomas.
Not even the most naive football fan thought pace would go into that season with that high if a draft pick and have Glennon as the franchise QB. Pace tipped his hand,panicked and then bet against himself. Now four years later Watson might be available and Pace is staring at Wentz

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There was little consensus. If Watson was supposedly a sure fire number 1 he would have been drafted as such.

Don't mistake what TV draftniks say vs the reality of what teams do.

If Watson was a can't miss number 1 he would have been drafted as such.

A lot of people had Trubisky rated 1.

well **** those guys

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NFL scouting is not a complete science....nor is it purely art. Its imperfect and even great scouts make mistakes...

If it were, Mahomes would have been drafted 1 overall.

k thanks, good to know

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
well **** those guys
Several draft previews had Watson as a second round pick with several mentioning his previous ACL issue. Lots thought it was a week class of QBs with one year wonder Trubisky as the #1 guy on their boards.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Several draft previews had Watson as a second round pick with several mentioning his previous ACL issue. Lots thought it was a week class of QBs with one year wonder Trubisky as the #1 guy on their boards.

oh well

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sorry, the only thing dumber than the Bears are cheap argument is the Bears are racist argument.

The Bears (McCaskey's) just don't know shit about football. It's really that simple. It would be like me owning a soccer team. Although after a few decades I'd like to think I could learn a thing or two about soccer. ?‍♂️

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorry, the only thing dumber than the Bears are cheap argument is the Bears are racist argument.

The Bears (McCaskey's) just don't know shit about football. It's really that simple. It would be like me owning a soccer team. Although after a few decades I'd like to think I could learn a thing or two about soccer. ?‍♂️
i don' t think the bears as an organization is necessarily overt racists for sure fwiw. It could be that because they are so football stupid and inept at putting together a decent team that they just come off as foolish and a lil bit racist. I mean they really just care about making money win or lose, and I think winning means more to their players than to the owners, but the players are just the help amirite?

Pace does seem to prefer certain types of QBs over others though. Kinda sus but I'm not gonna go on about it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
i don' t think the bears as an organization is necessarily overt racists for sure fwiw. Pace does seem to prefer certain types of QBs over others though. Kinda sus but I'm not gonna go on about it.

unless you have proof, accusing someone of covert racism is just as bad......

Pace has drafted exactly 1 QB, Both Mahomes and Watson were drafted outside the top 10.....that is hardly a track record nor proof of racism.