Niemis Arbitration

Win the SC one year and become a back up the next.. Zito is an ASS LOL!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Win the SC one year and become a back up the next.. Zito is an ASS LOL![/quote]

I'm sure it's happened before, but rarely. The fact is he'll get a spot somewhere it just may not be what he's hoping. I would assume it's taking so long because Zito is still being Zito trying to squeeze what little is left out of the rock.

[quote name="MassHavoc"]

I'm sure it's happened before, but rarely. The fact is he'll get a spot somewhere it just may not be what he's hoping. I would assume it's taking so long because Zito is still being Zito trying to squeeze what little is left out of the rock.[/quote]

Surprised Niemi hasn't done the same with Zito's head!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Surprised Niemi hasn't done the same with Zito's head![/quote]

He's just so damn passive.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Like to see him sign a 1 year somewhere and then we take a stab at him the following summer.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]Like to see him sign a 1 year somewhere and then we take a stab at him the following summer.[/quote]

Until Turco wins the Vezina.............................. /purple?

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

Until Turco wins the Vezina.............................. /purple?[/quote]

Not that I think he will perform that well, but I will so give you shit if he is in contention.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is the number 1 D in the league, you put any goalie back there and they will make him look good like they 'helped' make Niemi look good. The kid defiantly has talent and I'd love to have him here still as the number 1, but the D helped him a lot last year. That fact that he's still available right now after winning the cup shows this. You put a proven vet like Turco who may have lost a step but his style and experience is more suitable for this team and I think you're going to see very similar starts for him as we did last year. Hell with this D I'd almost be fine with Crawford as the #1... ALMOST.

[quote name="MassHavoc"]This is the number 1 D in the league, you put any goalie back there and they will make him look good like they 'helped' make Niemi look good. The kid defiantly has talent and I'd love to have him here still as the number 1, but the D helped him a lot last year. That fact that he's still available right now after winning the cup shows this. You put a proven vet like Turco who may have lost a step but his style and experience is more suitable for this team and I think you're going to see very similar starts for him as we did last year. Hell with this D I'd almost be fine with Crawford as the #1... ALMOST.[/quote]

Huet?

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="R K"]

Huet?[/quote]

That's what I thought. Huet seemed to have some issues between the ears. He'd give up a tough goal, and the next thing you knew, he gave up more.

Trade your Huet for my Babchuk?

[quote name="puckjim"]

That's what I thought. Huet seemed to have some issues between the ears. He'd give up a tough goal, and the next thing you knew, he gave up more.

Trade your Huet for my Babchuk?[/quote]

There were many nights Huet would give up a softy and the team in front of him would collapse. IE Columbus.

You need to have some sense of confidence in your goalie. It even works with the best Defense in the NHL. Which is why Khabi took them to the WCF the year before. He wasn't a great goalie, but the team appeared to have more confidence in front of him.

And NO. I'll keep my Huet Jersey. It's Edge II and someday I'll make a better goalie out of it. HAHA.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Huet?[/quote]

1. I think Huet was fine. He got most of his shit because of the horrible way he gave up goals but he still won 26 games, the same as Niemi, yes I know in 10 more tries or something like that, but his GAA was only .25 more and save % was .17 more. The team didn't seem to play as well in front of him for some reason, maybe it was just his style. Is there a site to easily see how many goals the hawks scored win him in the net vs. Niemi. I think the hawks still would have won the cup with Huet in net. It wouldn't have been nearly as easy and probably would have went to 7 more, but I think that team was that good. I said it all year, Niemi may be better but he's not perfect.

I guess in the end there is a reason he'll be in Europe this year, but I think if he was priced at less that 2.75 people would be giving him looks.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="MassHavoc"]

1. I think Huet was fine. He got most of his shit because of the horrible way he gave up goals but he still won 26 games, the same as Niemi, yes I know in 10 more tries or something like that, but his GAA was only .25 more and save % was .17 more. The team didn't seem to play as well in front of him for some reason, maybe it was just his style. Is there a site to easily see how many goals the hawks scored win him in the net vs. Niemi. I think the hawks still would have won the cup with Huet in net. It wouldn't have been nearly as easy and probably would have went to 7 more, but I think that team was that good. I said it all year, Niemi may be better but he's not perfect.

I guess in the end there is a reason he'll be in Europe this year, but I think if he was priced at less that 2.75 people would be giving him looks.[/quote]

I realize it's all conjecture, but NOT A FUCKING CHANCE!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]

I realize it's all conjecture, but NOT A FUCKING CHANCE![/quote]

Huet won 26 of 46, and all you need is 4 out of 7. I'm saying theirs a chance. Also, the whole reason he was brought in was his performance in the playoffs. Fact is he was a head case from being jerked around when he got here from Day one. The mere fact that I even partially defend the fucking brie eating surrender monkey should be proof enough that something is there.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]

Huet won 26 of 46, and all you need is 4 out of 7. I'm saying theirs a chance. Also, the whole reason he was brought in was his performance in the playoffs. Fact is he was a head case from being jerked around when he got here from Day one. The mere fact that I even partially defend the fucking brie eating surrender monkey should be proof enough that something is there.[/quote]

It's all hindsight so nothing is for sure... but Niemi had TWO shutouts in the Nashville series to keep that series on track. You have Huet in there and he gives up a softy, likely all things fall apart. I don't think the Hawks even beat Nashville with Huet in net.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

It's all hindsight so nothing is for sure... but Niemi had TWO shutouts in the Nashville series to keep that series on track. You have Huet in there and he gives up a softy, likely all things fall apart. I don't think the Hawks even beat Nashville with Huet in net.[/quote]

[quote name="MassHavoc"]

I guess in the end there is a reason he'll be in Europe this year, but I think if he was priced at less that 2.75 people would be giving him looks.[/quote]

Niemi hasn't had a look at 2.75 I'm not sure Huet would be. I understand what you are saying though.

Again if your TEAM is not confident with you back there, it makes your goal tending twice as difficult. Once Huet gave up a the softy on many nights the team gave up one as well, in quality shots.

I don't know they would have won the Cup or not. I will not say "not a fucking chance" because that just makes me look like an idiot. Who knows.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<------shit stirrer

[quote name="R K"]

Niemi hasn't had a look at 2.75 I'm not sure Huet would be. I understand what you are saying though.

Again if your TEAM is not confident with you back there, it makes your goal tending twice as difficult. Once Huet gave up a the softy on many nights the team gave up one as well, in quality shots.

I don't know they would have won the Cup or not. I will not say "not a fucking chance" because that just makes me look like an idiot. Who knows.[/quote]

YOU HEAR THAT JIM! Them's fighting words... haha

I was not calling Jim an idiot, as I asked him to get me a Stanley Cup at the White Sox game!!!!

LOL!