No more guessing. Kevin White will not play this season : Chicago Tribune

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This doesn't make any sense. White says he wants to play. Fox and Co. have hinted that he is close to playing. Why get everyone excited if there was really no hope of White playing? I hope this article is false and really has no "sources".

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
White, the No. 7 overall pick in last year's draft, had surgery to repair a stress fract… http://es.pn/1OVVCgf *-via ESPN http://es.pn/app

Clicking the first one brings up the out for the season update I just got

The article says nothing... "Whatever they want me to do, then that's what I'll do." - Kevin White and citing Dan Wiederer from the Tribune when he was only saying what he thinks. "But Friday is likely to mark his seventh and final practice this season."

Right now I'm seeing speculators saying he won't play and some saying he will play and the side that saying he has a chance of playing is claiming they have sources. So I'm hoping he plays.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
The article says nothing... "Whatever they want me to do, then that's what I'll do." - Kevin White and citing Dan Wiederer from the Tribune when he was only saying what he thinks. "But Friday is likely to mark his seventh and final practice this season."

Right now I'm seeing speculators saying he won't play and some saying he will play and the side that saying he has a chance of playing is claiming they have sources. So I'm hoping he plays.

My espn update app has never popped up a breaking injury story that wasn't legit. Maybe this will be the first one but it's very unlikely that the Chicago Tribune and ESPN would both be reporting this is a done deal if they weren't pretty damn sure it's not going to need to be retracted later in the day. Time will tell I suppose but the Tribune allowed him to title his article in a very definitive manner. That seems like a very solid reason to think their source is accurate

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My espn update app has never popped up a breaking injury story that wasn't legit. Maybe this will be the first one but it's very unlikely that the Chicago Tribune and ESPN would both be reporting this is a done deal if they weren't pretty damn sure it's not going to need to be retracted later in the day. Time will tell I suppose but the Tribune allowed him to title his article in a very definitive manner. That seems like a very solid reason to think their source is accurate

If Dan is right then today will be his last practice.

"But Friday is likely to mark his seventh and final practice this season."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am still feeling really positive about this draft, easily the best 1st year draft production in a long time.

Still would have been nice to get the cherry on top.

Now we get another 9 months of wondering and worrying, it is like the Bears are pregnant.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If they have a cake and some punch at practice today then we will know for sure.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Only the Bears would use a top 10 pick to draft a guy with a broken leg. Better re-sign Alshon.

Good Lord. It wasn't broken when he was drafted. Might as well blame the Patriots for being dumb enough to develop Brady, even though he had that wasted year with the torn ACL.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's official.

[video=youtube_share;lzsxDgd0Lkk]https://youtu.be/lzsxDgd0Lkk[/video]

Won't know till the punch and cake are served to celebrate his last practice.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I considered the this week or even next talk very optimistic. I always thought that if they were going to play him, they'd keep him on the roster and take it one week at a time and try to get him some reps in final couple games. Unless they put him on the PUP list, I still see this as the sensible scenario. There would be no reason to keep him on the roster and then completely close the door on his availability. If he's still on the roster Wed, I'll assume this is simply a matter of how Foxy does media and that White could talk his way into a game if he got strong enough and into football shape in time.

This is a good way to have the media GTFO already.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
You have to wonder if Pace is making the decision to keep him off the field this year.

Sounds like Fox, Jay and even Kevin himself are ready for him to go play.

Mitchapalooza

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago
The #Bears are still mulling over their final decision with rookie WR Kevin White. It will likely come Tuesday, multiples sources said. 1/2

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guys the Real Reason Kevin White Isn't Playing

This IR is permanent. Pace is embarrassed because White is a bust and he just hopes we will all forget about that gap toothed rodded turd during the offseason.

Oh and see? Fuck the draft!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am still feeling really positive about this draft, easily the best 1st year draft production in a long time.

Still would have been nice to get the cherry on top.

Now we get another 9 months of wondering and worrying, it is like the Bears are pregnant.

Can't RUSH a pregnancy bro.

Mitchapalooza

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 8m8 minutes ago
The #Bears are still mulling over their final decision with rookie WR Kevin White. It will likely come Tuesday, multiples sources said.

inb4 lock. bozo

BDCB

:•)
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pro life rhetoric...:)

Sent from my slap chop.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to wonder if Pace is making the decision to keep him off the field this year.

Sounds like Fox, Jay and even Kevin himself are ready for him to go play.
I wonder if it has more to do with slim playoff hopes. Receiver depth has been a problem all season long...do you cut ties with someone that has been on the field all season if you think you still may be playing football in January?

White suffers a set back in two weeks and Bellamy is playing in Buffalo...now what?

In a lost season it might be worth the roster spot, but the NFC is stubbornly keeping us relevant.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The #Bears are still mulling over their final decision with rookie WR Kevin White. It will likely come Tuesday, multiples sources said.

inb4 lock. bozo

go back to your kevin white thread wigwam

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

inb4 lock. bozo

Dont you have some slurping to do dork. Face the facts White is not playing this year, so as of now he is a bust