Noah, Boozer and Hinrich all being shopped for assets...

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
**Noah to Philly for Spencer Hawes ($6.5MM expiring), a trade exception and the first-rounder Philly received in the Jrue Holiday swap (top 5 protected from '14 to '19). Philly gets a center to pair with Nerlens Noel to form an extremely formidable duo up front. I love that pairing. Bulls a center to plug in playing on an expiring deal, more cap space (saving $5MM this year and over $12 next year), and another potential lottery pick.

**Three team deal in which the Bulls acquire Emeka Okafor ($14.5MM expiring) and Marcus Morris from Phoenix, Jermaine O' Neal ($2.1MM expiring) and Phoenix's first-rounder this year they own from the Pacers, Phoenix acquires Carlos Boozer from Chicago, their second-round pick this year and Marreese Speights from Golden State and the Warriors acquire Kirk Hinrich and one of the second rounders we got from the Deng trade

With those two moves, the Bulls shave $23.1MM off the cap for next year and two more first-rounders. As for next year, they would only have $37.26MM in committed contracts. They also still have the ability to not retain the rights to Erik Murphy and deal Mike Dunleavy's expiring deal to shed off about $4.5MM more. More than enough cap space to land a max guy, plus keep whatever draft picks they could wrangle up, plus their full level MLE for Mirotic.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

Last edited:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
**Noah to Philly for Spencer Hawes ($6.5MM expiring), a trade exception and the first-rounder Philly received in the Jrue Holiday swap (top 5 protected from '14 to '19). Philly gets a center to pair with Nerlens Noel to form an extremely formidable duo up front. I love that pairing. Bulls a center to plug in playing on an expiring deal, more cap space (saving $5MM this year and over $12 next year), and another potential lottery pick.

**Three team deal in which the Bulls acquire Emeka Okafor ($14.5MM expiring) and Marcus Morris from Phoenix, Jermaine O' Neal ($2.1MM expiring) and Phoenix's first-rounder this year they own from the Pacers, Phoenix acquires Carlos Boozer from Chicago, their second-round pick this year and Marreese Speights from Golden State and the Warriors acquire Kirk Hinrich and one of the second rounders we got from the Deng trade

With those two moves, the Bulls shave $23.1MM off the cap for next year and two more first-rounders. As for next year, they would only have $37.26MM in committed contracts. They also still have the ability to not retain the rights to Erik Murphy and deal Mike Dunleavy's expiring deal to shed off about $4.5MM more. More than enough cap space to land a max guy, plus keep whatever draft picks they could wrangle up, plus their full level MLE for Mirotic.

1st trade -Noah is not a good fit with Noel. Neither have a legit post game or a mid range jump shot. 76ers would never go for it.

2nd trade - Phoenix gets swindled and would never go for it.

I don't see anybody taking Boozer.

marines1

Liked Posts:
get rid of them

all we need is Melo n Love n Rose n Miorticv

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with it. You have to maximize your assets. That is what the Bulls are doing.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i am not trading noah for a protected pick

noah is our best asset i want something of real value...hes a top 5/6 center in the league thats on a good contract

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Joakim trade ideas -

Chicago Bulls receive - DeAndre Jordan and Clippers 1st round pick
Los Angeles Clippers receive - Joakim Noah

DeAndre may be human highlight reel but Noah would bring the grit, fire and hustle the Clippers need to make a run. Noah is a better defender, free throw shooter and rebounder over his career. Plus, the Clippers wouldn't have to worry about taking Noah out of the game in case the other team decides to play "hack-a-jordan". Bulls receive DeAndre Jordan, a young big whose contract is similar to Noah's but has 1 less year on it and a late 1st round pick in this year's draft.

Chicago Bulls receive - Kendrick Perkins, Thabo Sefolosha and the rights to the Dallas Mavericks 1st round pick (top 20 protected for the next 4 years, becomes unprotected in 2018) and OKC's 1st round pick
OKC receives - Joakim Noah and Mike Dunleavy

The Bulls shed a heap of salary here and it would be enough to acquire a max contract type player after this deal. They would also acquire a draft pick which is 1-20 protected the next 4 years but may end up being used this year if the Mavericks continue to win games as well as OKC's 1st round pick which, will be a late one. OKC acquires an upgrade over Perkins and an outside shooter to assist in their title run. This is my favorite trade of the two.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
You salary shedders realize they have to pay players at some point don't you? And after 10 games you won't like those guys either.

They said something on the game last night, Noah leads all centers in assists. The reason whatever expiring contract and pick you think he should be traded for means you have to replace those assists. At this point Rose has been more of a scoring threat than to lead the league in assists so when he comes back does he give up some scoring? Deng is gone, he was a big assist guy at the 3, if you bring in Melo, hey passing the ball isn't his game. Noah is a great fit because hi passing ability allows the other players to score easy baskets.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
First off, does anybody really think they would trade Noah?

13-3!!!

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with trading Boozer and/or Hinrich for almost anything but I'd rather keep Noah unless we get an unprotected lottery pick for him, which is not gonna happen.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Noah is injury prone and offensively challenged. We can find other players for a fraction of the cost via the draft.

Who would you rather see on the roster, Deng and Noah, or a lottery pick and a max contract star?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Protected lottery picks are such nonsense. Might as well make it mandatory to keep lottery picks instead of playing games with them.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Noah isn't getting traded.

The FO correctly moved Deng before he hit free-agency & they will use Boozer's huge expiring w/ multiple picks to bring in LMA or Love next season before the deadline.

They may move MDJ to a contender before the deadline, but I would actually like to see him on our bench next season.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Noah isn't getting traded.

The FO correctly moved Deng before he hit free-agency & they will use Boozer's huge expiring w/ multiple picks to bring in LMA or Love next season before the deadline.

They may move MDJ to a contender before the deadline, but I would actually like to see him on our bench next season.

We don't know what the F/O will do yet, but Noah absolutely SHOULD be traded for a lottery pick or young player with star potential if possible. Team needs supersede personal bias or fandom.

The only player on this roster you cannot trade is Rose.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
We don't know what the F/O will do yet, but Noah absolutely SHOULD be traded for a lottery pick or young player with star potential if possible. Team needs supersede personal bias or fandom.

hes going off what Pax said when he was asked about rebuilding

he said "Rebuilding is not a word you use with Noah, Rose on a team or coach like Thibs."

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:

he said "Rebuilding is not a word you use with Noah, Rose on a team or coach like Thibs."
Thank you for clearing that up. I was under the assumption that everyone on these message boards heard Pax loud & clear when he stated this during his press conference.

Matter of fact, Gar has always used Noah & Rose when he describes the core. He would exclude Deng & Boozer when discussing the core.

If Noah was not on a bargain contract, I could see him on the trading block. Considering he's a top 3 (debatable) NBA center on a good deal, the FO will hold on to him. I'm actually becoming excited for next season. We could potentially see a line-up next season of:

Rose
Lottery Pick SG
Jimmy Buckets
Love or LMA
Noah

or

Rose
Lottery Pick SG
Melo
Mirotic
Noah

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Yes, and putting that comment in it's proper context, Paxson is referring to their competitive spirit. They both want to win no matter what. Reading anything else into that is nonsense.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Thank you for clearing that up. I was under the assumption that everyone on these message boards heard Pax loud & clear when he stated this during his press conference.

Matter of fact, Gar has always used Noah & Rose when he describes the core. He would exclude Deng & Boozer when discussing the core.

The same thing could have been said about Deng, who was a part of the Bulls' core as well. All bets are off at this point.

The Bulls have considered trades for Noah as recently as last month. The only reason it didn't go down is Portland wanted a two-for-one swap: Noah and Butler for LA. I understand why Portland wanted Butler too. LA is simply a better player than Noah, who is scrappy and tenacious, but no where near as talented.

And what good is a core player if he misses 20 games or more a season due to injuries? In two years, he'll be a bench player and then what? Meanwhile, the kid we could have gotten for him will be starting for a division rival, and for pennies relatively speaking. We have to keep our eye on the big picture. If Rose doesn't want to play without Noah, too bad. He's making enough money to console himself.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Yes, and putting that comment in it's proper context, Paxson is referring to their competitive spirit. They both want to win no matter what. Reading anything else into that is nonsense.
It is in it's proper context. Pax is a professional at what he does. He knows what he's doing.

Pax & Gar have specifically mentioned the names Rose & Noah when they speak about the core of this Bulls team. They didn't/don't mention Deng or Boozer.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
It is in it's proper context. Pax is a professional at what he does. He knows what he's doing.

Pax & Gar have specifically mentioned the names Rose & Noah when they speak about the core of this Bulls team. They didn't/don't mention Deng or Boozer.

That's because Deng is gone and Boozer is about to get amnestied because he hasn't lived up to his contract. You don't say things like that about a guy (Boozer) who gets benched for playing lackadaisical defense. The comment was a compliment and recognition for the leaders of the team.

If Paxson is as professional as you say, he won't foolishly ignore offers for a player on a team that's been heading in the wrong direction for three years straight. It's about business, nothing more, nothing less.