Noah, Boozer and Hinrich all being shopped for assets...

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Where did I say that exactly? Read.

Well, in my eyes, trade value has a direct correlation with availability. Neither guy is available. Their teams would be nuts to make either of them available. If you're using the trade of Deng as a barometer, Noah could certainly be available.

To be honest, I don't think many teams would be willing to mortgage their future to add a guy like Cousins who's a shitty teammate, doesn't play defense and takes horrible shots for 48 straight minutes. Drummond is a different story -- rookie scale deal, plenty of control left, including the qualifying offer season. Improving defender, ridiculous athlete, good rebounder, expanding offensive game. He's the kind of guy worth taking a big risk on.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Drummod is not better than Noah......his FT shooting is brutal @ 37% thats the worst FT% ive ever seen

Roy Hibbert is arguable...obviously if im going against miami im taking hibbert 10/10 times but if Hibbert isnt playing miami his numbers are less than spectacular...although he does have a huge impact on defense

I take Drummond over Noah all day every day. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker than Noah, and he's only 20 yrs old.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I take Drummond over Noah all day every day. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker than Noah, and he's only 20 yrs old.
The difference between Noah and Dummond's rebounding and shot blocking numbers isn't huge though. However, yes, Drummond is a better defensive player already. He's got a ton of athleticism and a lot of skill on that end of the floor, that's undeniable. His offense does need a lot of work though. That's where Noah is a lot better than Drummond. Not just free throws, but like literally every single offensive skill you can think of other than maybe catching lobs and dunking Noah is better.

I'd take Drummond over Noah more for the fact that he's 20 rather than his statistical superiority.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The difference between Noah and Dummond's rebounding and shot blocking numbers isn't huge though. However, yes, Drummond is a better defensive player already. He's got a ton of athleticism and a lot of skill on that end of the floor, that's undeniable. His offense does need a lot of work though. That's where Noah is a lot better than Drummond. Not just free throws, but like literally every single offensive skill you can think of other than maybe catching lobs and dunking Noah is better.

I'd take Drummond over Noah more for the fact that he's 20 rather than his statistical superiority.

Noah is a decent free throw shooter, and can get lucky and hit a jump shop every once in a while, maybe a put back off the glass, but that's about it. He's a Center with zero scoring ability in the paint, or with his back to the basket. Factor in his poor mobility due to plantar fasciitus and he's barely a top 10 five anymore.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Drummond is already better than Noah is and he's not even turning 21 until August :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah is a decent free throw shooter, and can get lucky and hit a jump shop every once in a while, maybe a put back off the glass, but that's about it. He's a Center with zero scoring ability in the paint, or with his back to the basket. Factor in his poor mobility due to plantar fasciitus and he's barely a top 10 five anymore.
You forget about Noah's passing and dribbling ability which are definitely much better than an average center's abilities. And Noah can score in the post with hook shots and whatnot...it just looks ugly. How many times have you seen Noah hit that weird looking running left hand hook? I'm not saying he's automatic or anything like that, just saying that it's not like he can't throw the ball into an ocean around the basket.

I'm not saying that Drummond isn't better (though imo it's debatable right now) or that I wouldn't take him over Noah, just trying to say that there isn't a huge gap between them.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You forget about Noah's passing and dribbling ability which are definitely much better than an average center's abilities. And Noah can score in the post with hook shots and whatnot...it just looks ugly. How many times have you seen Noah hit that weird looking running left hand hook? I'm not saying he's automatic or anything like that, just saying that it's not like he can't throw the ball into an ocean around the basket.

I'm not saying that Drummond isn't better (though imo it's debatable right now) or that I wouldn't take him over Noah, just trying to say that there isn't a huge gap between them.

You're right, Noah has excellent judgement and passing ability. His assist totals would go through the roof if we had more scorers on the team. With a guy like Noah, you don't want him taking low percentage shots, like those 15-20 ft jumpers. Adding an elite scorer would make Noah so much better it's ridiculous.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
You're right, Noah has excellent judgement and passing ability. His assist totals would go through the roof if we had more scorers on the team. With a guy like Noah, you don't want him taking low percentage shots, like those 15-20 ft jumpers. Adding an elite scorer would make Noah so much better it's ridiculous.
This is why a Kevin Love/LMA type of PF would fit perfectly with Noah.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
I believe that they should keep Noah. But if it's a guaranteed way to get a new superstar in the team, they have to do it because this team is dead.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone please please pleeeease give us something for Boozer. I would take a conditional second round draft pick at this point.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You can't keep Rose AND Noah and expect to sign a max free agent. Not unless the Bulls want to pay luxury tax. Fat chance of that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't keep Rose AND Noah and expect to sign a max free agent. Not unless the Bulls want to pay luxury tax. Fat chance of that.
We've already paid the tax...so...I guess they did that to say they paid it and then they'll never pay it again?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
We've already paid the tax...so...I guess they did that to say they paid it and then they'll never pay it again?

They did it for the first time this year, and quickly dumped Deng to get back under the cap. You're fooling yourself if you think Reinsdorf will agree to pay luxury tax again.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
People forget, Reinsdorf's spending is a main reason the cap is in place. The reason the Bulls haven't paid lux tax is because the teams were not good enough to pay lux tax. Plain and simple.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Guys there are other players out there. There are players in the college ranks who could be better than Noah for a fraction of the cost.

If we can get into the lottery AND sign a max free agent, the Bulls could own the eastern conference.

Noah can't get us there, we need to move on.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If only we could get one such without having to give up Noah in return...
We can.

If either/both of those players make it clear that they're leaving their respective teams when their contracts expire at the end of next season & they will only sign extensions with certain teams (remember Melo & Dwight?), we won't need to add Noah to any trade package.

The closer that it gets to next season's trade deadline, the less leverage that the T-Wolves & Blazers will have in trade discussions.

If we don't cash in the Bobcats pick this season, we could offer a very enticing package of:

-Bobcats first round pick
-Kings first round pick
-Bulls 2015 first round pick
-Mirotic (familiar with Rubio)
-Boozer (expiring contract needed to match salaries)

Then, if needed, you can possibly add Jimmy Butler and/or Taj Gibson.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i commend Jerry for paying the tax last year....coulda dumped rip last year but jerry refused to give a pick to make it happen